ABBA

jyoung

41 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

#wallofgammon

IMG_20180427_232202.jpg

I'm afraid that I'm still none the wiser. I don't often watch the television or listen to the radio, so am, in a certain sense, sheltered from the abhorrence of the world. I say that on the, ungrounded (on my part) assumption that those above are abhorrent. 

Oh and just to say, I don't really know what the hashtag symbol means. I know that it's called a hashtag though, and I'm happy leaving my learning curve just there.

7 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I'm afraid that I'm still none the wiser. I don't often watch the television or listen to the radio, so am, in a certain sense, sheltered from the abhorrence of the world. I say that on the, ungrounded (on my part) assumption that those above are abhorrent. 

Oh and just to say, I don't really know what the hashtag symbol means. I know that it's called a hashtag though, and I'm happy leaving my learning curve just there.

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Gammon

26 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I'm still none the wiser. Are those people something to do with West Ham football club (not even sure I've got that team name right)? Am I being embarrassingly deficient in not knowing? I'm at a complete loss on this one.

you ever seen some gammon pal

15 minutes ago, Winslow Leach said:

Yeah the Visitors is good, although I’m not sure there’s anything on it quite as brilliant or as downright strange as the Day Before You Came 

Slipping Through My Fingers isn't as strange, but gets me right in the gut, having a small daughter.  I'm also pretty keen on the title track, which is pretty far from straightforward pop - and I love it when that synth hook kicks in.

The Day Before You Came does get a lot of love and I do admit to finding the relationship between the lyrics and music beguiling, but it's never been one of my all time favourites, when there are so many gorgeous melodies and harmonies on their other songs.

24 minutes ago, Heather90 said:

Imagine Sunday Afternoon Elton > ?? > ABBA

Oooft :)

This just reminded me...was at a gig over the weekend, Colonel Mustard and the Djon5, and they did what seemed like an impromptu ABBA medley. Cue mass singalong. I`d be well up for your Elton>ABBA plan.

9 hours ago, John the Moth said:

This beeb article names ABBA as the band reforming that would have got Glasto back on this year!!

Did people know this already? News to me!

It's guesswork. I was there when Michael said it, and he definitely didn't give any indications on who it was.

Most guesses at the time were either Led Zep, Pink Floyd, or The Smiths. Don't think ABBA is exactly his taste.

1 hour ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Apart from going to see an ABBA tribute band in a couple of weeks time, it now looks like I'll be going to see Bjorn Again in December.

ABBA'tastic!

I've for once got my friends interested for Bjorn Again, just a decision which direction to go. Birmingham, Bristol and Cardiff all equidistant.