ABBA

jyoung

4 minutes ago, slash's hat said:

I've for once got my friends interested for Bjorn Again, just a decision which direction to go. Birmingham, Bristol and Cardiff all equidistant.

I've seen Bjorn Again before and it was a great night out. That said, there are several troupes now performing under the Bjorn Again name, so it may vary depending on who you see. I'll be going to the Birmingham show.

As an aside, when I went to see them (many years ago now), I went with two of my brothers and some of my younger brothers friends, their partners etc. Anyway, the band were playing at the University that my younger brother was attending. The queue to get in to the venue was enormous. One of my older brothers who was with us wasn't having any of it, and walked the entire length of the queue, up to the doormen, had a word with them, and then beckoned for us all to join him at the front of the queue. When we got there the doorman opened up the red rope partitioning for us, and ushered us down the stairs and in to the hall. We didn't even pay, and we'd missed queuing, gained valuable drinking time, and the show was excellent. When he was asked how he had been able to achieve this my older brother just said ' I used The Force'.  So, we left it at that and carried on drinking. Then when we asked him the next day to explain exactly what he had said to the doormen, his response was 'I don't know, I was too pissed to remember anything'. To this day, none of us know what he said, and can't even come up with anything that he may have said. An unusual incident that one.

5 minutes ago, H.M.V said:

Its a bit silly isn't it to announce the new music then wait for over 6 months to release it no? The level of expectation will be huge or are they going for a Christmas no 1?

The level of expectation will indeed be huge, but they had to face that after every successful hit single / album in the past, and successfully did so. I feel one has to give them the head nod in terms of knowing their stuff. Then again, they may well try to 'get down with kids' and fuck it up completely. I hope not, because it would represent a failure the like of which hasn't been seen since Gerald Ratner successfully torpedoed his own company.

16 minutes ago, H.M.V said:

Its a bit silly isn't it to announce the new music then wait for over 6 months to release it no? The level of expectation will be huge or are they going for a Christmas no 1?

I agree. They should have just 'dropped' it (in the modern parlance). 6 months is waaay to long, especially these days. You'd imagine it would leak if they try to keep it under lock and key for so long.

Interesting that nothing has been said about the other song, maybe it will come out sooner.

21 minutes ago, H.M.V said:

I think a couple of songs will be featuring in the movie, which is out July. May just be the hologram part not ready till end of year.

I've never been to one of these hologram shows, I wonder how the crowd get going if you see what I mean. Live on stage you can guage reaction and try to lift it if the crowd is flat.

42 minutes ago, slash's hat said:

I think a couple of songs will be featuring in the movie, which is out July. May just be the hologram part not ready till end of year.

I've never been to one of these hologram shows, I wonder how the crowd get going if you see what I mean. Live on stage you can guage reaction and try to lift it if the crowd is flat.

What gives you the impression they'll be in the new movie? 

54 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I don’t recon they’re in the new film. 

I took the whole family to see the sing-a-long film on mothers day this year. I’d not seen it straight through for years and forgot how clever it is. 

Isnt it the best selling DVD in uk ever?

And I saw the stage show s few years ago which was brilliant too.

I'm looking forward to the bed film. Cher plays Meryls Mum!

8 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I have come to the realisation that I may not be on the same planet as everyone on this thread in terms of the content of the thread

Would be flabbergasted if most people posting here hadn't seen one version or another of Bjorn Again at some point over the years.

11 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I'm probably just misinterpretating "new songs" in the released info about the film. Maybe it does just mean Abba songs not featured in the first one...but I have a dream...a fantasy :ph34r: (yeah I'll leave again).

2 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Would be flabbergasted if most people posting here hadn't seen one version or another of Bjorn Again at some point over the years.

Your probably right there. I wasn't trying to say otherwise. Essentially it all boils down to the fact that I had too much to smoke last night and for some unknown reason thought you were all talking about another subject than ABBA. I couldn't for the life of me deduce what it was you were all talking about though. This is why I thought that I was on another planet. I don't suppose any of that makes any sense.

41 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Love ABBA

PAY-BUCKS-FIZZ.jpg

They are not fit to wipe the clagnuts off the respective arses of the members of ABBA. 

I'm going to see an ABBA tribute act this coming Friday, in my newly adopted town. There's a mob of my mates from Birmingham coming along too. If I'm honest, my hearts a little in my mouth on this one. These people are known to get tetraplegically drunk when hooking up together. I really am not sure that the good burghers of this town will see the funny side of this behaviour. Ho hum.

1 hour ago, battleborn said:

Headline or Legends Slot. Was a discussion last year about that on here? They'd have to headline wouldn't they, but they could be so much fun in the legends slot. The thing is even if the new album is a bit mediocre, they've got some much old stuff. All out party time.

They should stick Bjorn Again on the Pyramid in the afternoon. Not the actual legends slot mind, but later on than their traditional first on slot.

P.S. it's only two songs, rather than a whole album - so far.