Solo visit

Natalie B

I'm mid forties and staying the entire festival, in a tent.

Nobody I know fancied this, but I feel a need to at least see Depech mode live before I can no longer have this privilidge.

I do enjoy new music.

Anyone else visiting the entire festival solo?

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/26/2018 at 6:23 AM, Natalie B said:

I'm mid forties and staying the entire festival, in a tent.

Nobody I know fancied this, but I feel a need to at least see Depech mode live before I can no longer have this privilidge.

I do enjoy new music.

Anyone else visiting the entire festival solo?

I'd be up for that, depeche mode have been my favourite band since 1981. Arriving on Friday and staying in an Air bnb for the weekend as I couldn't cope with camping. Looking forward to the fest and hope we can get together to enjoy some of the bands.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes! Also a full weekender, not sure what time it opens but hopefully arrive sometime around lunchtime on thursday, quite keen to catch Hacienda Classical so hoping they don't clash with The Mode. It would be great to have someone in the same situation as me as a neighbour ?

• 3 weeks later...

Hey so my friend pulled out yesterday so I'm camping thur - mon on my own. If anyone fancies getting together to watch a band or have a drink, or likely do both, let me know. I'm not a lifelong Depech Mode fan though ?. I hope this doesn't matter. Especially if anyone wants to see the music on Thursday eve that would be cool. I'm 30, I'm a postwoman, I like going to festivals. Happy to hang out and see some new stuff. 

I am missing out on Thursday travelling early Friday, got a campervan so staying offsite and busing in each day, happy to meet up on Friday, I don't suppose we can give out phone numbers on here so let's arrange a meeting point and time. Big DM fan and really looking forward to Saturday.

8 hours ago, Richb said:

Haven't studied the stages too closely yet but will likely go see T.Rextasy  and The Wombats on thurs, habitual festival goer and as long as you don't mind putting up with a middle ager that would be cool

I am missing out on Thursday travelling early Friday, got a campervan so staying offsite and busing in each day, happy to meet up on Friday, I don't suppose we can give out phone numbers on here so let's arrange a meeting point and time. Big DM fan and really looking forward to Saturday.

7 minutes ago, Hayling Steve said:

That's a long way to go for a festival, anyone in particular you are coming to see?

we come down every year, kasabian always put on a great show bit gerry cinnamon on sunday morning will take some beating, how about yourself?

Just now, kevybhoy said:

we come down every year, kasabian always put on a great show bit gerry cinnamon on sunday morning will take some beating, how about yourself?

Been a big depeche mode fan from early on, Blossoms, gallagher, killers, there's a few good ones this year. Saw the manics last year so they'll be good as well. Just read about Gerry, local boy for you. WIll have to check him out. Will message you so we can get together for a pint (or 3!).

2 minutes ago, Hayling Steve said:

Been a big depeche mode fan from early on, Blossoms, gallagher, killers, there's a few good ones this year. Saw the manics last year so they'll be good as well. Just read about Gerry, local boy for you. WIll have to check him out. Will message you so we can get together for a pint (or 3!).

good man, look up gerry cinnamon at transmt on youtube, youll see the madness :0D

My friend dropped out this evening so would be amazing to meet up with some of you guys! Try to come every year to iow and couldn’t miss the big 50 anniversary! I’m aiming to be there about midday tomorrow kindly have a neighbour as I’m camping alone as well :) 

On 6/18/2018 at 6:19 PM, Beth74 said:

Hey so my friend pulled out yesterday so I'm camping thur - mon on my own. If anyone fancies getting together to watch a band or have a drink, or likely do both, let me know. I'm not a lifelong Depech Mode fan though ?. I hope this doesn't matter. Especially if anyone wants to see the music on Thursday eve that would be cool. I'm 30, I'm a postwoman, I like going to festivals. Happy to hang out and see some new stuff. 

Hello Beth, my friend pulled out too and I’m on my own the whole weekend that sounds good be good to have a neighbour! Let’s have a few beers and be merry’ 

9 hours ago, kevybhoy said:

good man, look up gerry cinnamon at transmt on youtube, youll see the madness :0D

Looked him up, sounds good. Maybe we can catch him together and you can translate for me!!

16 minutes ago, Bobsbland said:

Hello Beth, my friend pulled out too and I’m on my own the whole weekend that sounds good be good to have a neighbour! Let’s have a few beers and be merry’ 

Fellow Farnhamite! Moved from there a few years ago and now live on Hayling Island, yes up for any get togethers from Friday onwards. Already meeting up with Kevybhoy.

On 6/20/2018 at 11:19 PM, Bobsbland said:

Yep! I'm here I've set up tent in Purple 4 because it was the only space left. There is room next to my tent for a small 3man. I'll pm you. 

On 6/20/2018 at 8:51 AM, Hayling Steve said:

Yep let me know the time and place and I'll be there!