R&L 2018 Bracket Tournament

As mentioned in the Plus/Minus thread thought this would be a fun little game to play while wait for the fest (If I start now, we should be finish up in the last week of June).

So I've put the top 7 acts of the main stage, top 5 Radio 1 stage, and top 2 from Dance, Pit/Lock Up, FR and 1Xtra from each day. I've also included The Regrettes, DMA's and Black Peaks to make up numbers and they seem pretty liked from the rest of the acts.

HOW IT WORKS

Each day two acts will be pitted against each other and you'll have 24 hours to comment the name of the act who you'd rather see go through from the two. Whoever wins will progress to the next round in the layout shown below. After the post has been up for 24 hours, voting will be closed and I will count the votes and see who goes through and post with the next clash.

Disclaimer: I put all acts into a random name picker and  took them in that order, this is in no way specifically seeded.

FIRST CLASH:

MIKE SHINODA VS. STRAY FROM THE PATH

Voting Closes 5:30 PM tomorrow.

image.png.98be759fe16ce20967d8aff92fc2a2f5.png

Edited by TheWaters

26 minutes ago, frontsidecab said:

Shinoda.

Do you think it'd be better to do two match-ups a day? Else it'll take us over a month to get past the first round.

Yeah good point, first match ups i'll do two a day to save time. Not sure how to work it with timings though 7:30AM-7:30PM then 7:30PM-7:30AM is probably best for me and doable. I'll just have the one today though as would be unfair to end after two hours (even though we know Shinoda will win).

Edited by TheWaters

19 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

Yeah good point, first match ups i'll do two a day to save time. Not sure how to work it with timings though 7:30AM-7:30PM then 7:30PM-7:30AM is probably best for me and doable. I'll just have the one today though as would be unfair to end after two hours (even though we know Shinoda will win).

Can't you just do 2 for a whole 24 hours? Like just give us both of them at 7 one day and we vote on both brackets at the same time?

Anyone but Mike Shinoda.

Tried to put Enjoy the Silence on on a jukebox the other week in the pub. Some weird as fuck version came on. Me and my mates said it sounded like Linkin Park or some bollocks.

Shazzamed it...

Enjoy the Silence (Reinterpreted by Mike Shinoda)

Imagine being in Linkin Park not being shit enough for you so you have to go out and actively ruin good songs that already exist.

Never listened to Stray From the Path but everyone I know who likes them has tragic music taste.

So I vote neither.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1