R&L 2018 Bracket Tournament

29 minutes ago, Dangerbreaks said:

If the fucking Vaccines beat Death From Above I swear to God I will lose all faith in this forum...

It's 9 votes per band. There's an hour for someone to break the tie or I'll do it myself lmao. Also fairly close with Panic and Travis.

Just took 93yr Mum to vote, she's registered blind. In a very loud voice she said, "Which box for The Vaccines?" A cheer went up from waiting voters who were also perplexed that TheWaters had closed the voting at 23:34 despite one band being just a single vote ahead of another.

Bit of a fix this call it off imo.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Odessa said:

Just took 93yr Mum to vote, she's registered blind. In a very loud voice she said, "Which box for The Vaccines?" A cheer went up from waiting voters who were also perplexed that TheWaters had closed the voting at 23:34 despite one band being just a single vote ahead of another.

Bit of a fix this call it off imo.

I meant to put a little thing at the top saying it’s still open till midnight but I completely forgot to. I mean, if you had said that before midnight I would’ve counted as a vote for The Vaccines and it would’ve been a tie and I would’ve decided the tie breaker, and chose DFA anyway haha. 

No but yeah my bad I forgot to say I’d still count any that came in up until 12. 

Edit: as in if vaccines or Travis had over taken in the remaining 25 mins, I would’ve edited in tomorrow’s tree. Was a bit rushed on my part lmao.

Edited by TheWaters

I don't believe Panic! at the Disco won a vote against anyone unless we were voting for which band you're most likely to say "fuck me what a shite band I can't believe anyone liked them 10 years ago when weirdos at school used to listen to that "closing the god damn door" song nevermind in 2018" about.

So yeah, I agree with @Odessa, it's a fix.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

I meant to put a little thing at the top saying it’s still open till midnight but I completely forgot to. I mean, if you had said that before midnight I would’ve counted as a vote for The Vaccines and it would’ve been a tie and I would’ve decided the tie breaker, and chose DFA anyway haha. 

No but yeah my bad I forgot to say I’d still count any that came in up until 12. 

I reckon others who were oppressed were too afraid to speak up. Who knows how many votes would have come flooding in for The Vaccines in those 26 minutes had the agreed amount of time for voting actually been offered.

(I'm not actually arsed mate haha, the only time I've voted was when I listened to Hollywood Undead and went for whoever their opponent was.)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

I don't believe Panic! at the Disco won a vote against anyone unless we were voting for which band you're most likely to say "fuck me what a shite band I can't believe anyone liked them 10 years ago when weirdos at school used to listen to that "closing the god damn door" song nevermind in 2018" about.

So yeah, I agree with @Odessa, it's a fix.

Fuck off if you think I wanted Panic to win, if this was a fix Travis would’ve won and Lil Pump would’ve beat Waterparks haha.

Edited by TheWaters

Just now, Odessa said:

I reckon others who were oppressed were too afraid to speak up. Who knows how many votes would have come flooding in for The Vaccines in those 26 minutes had the agreed amount of time for voting actually been offered.

(I'm not actually arsed mate haha, the only time I've voted was when I listened to Hollywood Undead and went for whoever their opponent was.)

I was going to say no one would vote for The Vaccines but I Can't Quit is the best song I have ever heard until Four out of Five existed.

2011 indie rock is back, baby.

5 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

Edit: as in if vaccines or Travis had over taken in the remaining 25 mins, I would’ve edited in tomorrow’s tree. Was a bit rushed on my part lmao.

It seems clear to me.

The voting window ran from 11pm Monday til 11pm Tuesday and you said it was on a tiebreak at 11 so what else could really happen? Keep it open and have continuous tiebreaks? Odessa's blind Brexit mum can get here on time or get lost.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TheWaters said:

Fuck off if you think I wanted Panic to win, if this was a fix Travis would’ve won and Lil Pump would’ve beat Waterparks haha.

I'm not sure mate, I'm onto you.

Bet you have a Brendan Urie fan account on Twitter where you post constant gifs of him (I accidentally found myself in a world of Brendan Urie fan accounts yesterday it was very strange).

Just now, dentalplan said:

It seems clear to me.

The voting window ran from 11pm Monday til 11pm Tuesday and you said it was on a tiebreak at 11 so what else could really happen? Keep it open and have continuous tiebreaks? Odessa's blind Brexit mum can get here on time or get lost.

Bit harsh that mate she can't see clocks she probably doesn't know what time it is.

2 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

wtf this is so fixed Alan walker obviously won have you not all heard faded it's the best song I've ever heard 

Tbf I skimmed through it yesterday and it was better than what he was up against.

And don't tell me I can't get a proper idea from skimming through a track cos that's how @Mattymooz listens to every album.