R&L 2018 Bracket Tournament

9 minutes ago, Odessa said:

I saw next to nothing all day. Was actually on my own all night. I'd been with my mates most the day cos I was happy tolerating The Kooks and drinking at camp, but I drew the line at Blink 182, Macklemore and YMAS. I was at the FR stage during all that. The only way you could make the main stage lineup that day worse would be adding Hollywood Undead.

Think I ended up seeing Augustines, The Sunshine Underground, The Kooks and the first few acts at lunchtime on the NME. Not exactly a stellar start to festivals but I still ended up hooked by the time I was going home haha.

Looking at the lineup now and the other two days are really good. I remember being disappointed when it was announced, would kill for something like that now.

I remember trying to convince my mates to stay for Disclosure over Blink, but we ended up seeing the first half of Disclosure and the encore of Blink. Wish we hadn't left, it was a real good atmosphere in the NME that night and obviously Blink were shite and we were right at the back of the field for what we saw.

It's odd looking back at that lineup seeing The Horrors above The Kooks, now this year The Kooks are 3rd main whereas The Horrors are headlining the FR.

Yeah wasn't the most amazing first festival lineup but as you say, in retrospect there's a fair few strong/interesting bookings.

14 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

I remember trying to convince my mates to stay for Disclosure over Blink, but we ended up seeing the first half of Disclosure and the encore of Blink. Wish we hadn't left, it was a real good atmosphere in the NME that night and obviously Blink were shite and we were right at the back of the field for what we saw.

It's odd looking back at that lineup seeing The Horrors above The Kooks, now this year The Kooks are 3rd main whereas The Horrors are headlining the FR.

Yeah wasn't the most amazing first festival lineup but as you say, in retrospect there's a fair few strong/interesting bookings.

A few of my mates had the nostalgia aspect for Blink so I get why they went to see them, but without that they have nothing going for them whatsoever. That song where they just list a load of swear words is especially cringeworthy.

The Kooks' resurgence is just bizarre. They've not even put anything people care about since 2014 right? I can't even offer up an explanation, it's a similar deal with The Wombats too as far as I can tell. I remember they played the FR stage in 2015 or 16 so obviously they weren't seen by the bookers as a huge deal, but it was RAMMED when we walked past. And then now they're getting good slots too.

2 hours ago, Odessa said:

The Kooks' resurgence is just bizarre. They've not even put anything people care about since 2014 right? I can't even offer up an explanation, it's a similar deal with The Wombats too as far as I can tell. I remember they played the FR stage in 2015 or 16 so obviously they weren't seen by the bookers as a huge deal, but it was RAMMED when we walked past. And then now they're getting good slots too.

Atleast The Wombats have a new album that's doing relatively well, The Kooks is just a strange one.

2014's lineup was great but I royally fucked it on the Sunday too. I didn't leave the campsite till 15:00, then saw Clean Bandit, The Kooks, The 1975 and about 30 minutes of blink-182 :lol:. Actually looking back, that's a really awful day. I think my body had given up by the evening but hearing Klaxons from the campsite is still a painful memory. 

13 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

2014's lineup was great but I royally fucked it on the Sunday too. I didn't leave the campsite till 15:00, then saw Clean Bandit, The Kooks, The 1975 and about 30 minutes of blink-182 :lol:. Actually looking back, that's a really awful day. I think my body had given up by the evening but hearing Klaxons from the campsite is still a painful memory. 

I remember seeing our Friday was the Sunday at Reading and thinking thank fuck we're getting this day out of the way first, and not bowing out on it. :lol:

Voting closed.

DMA's and The Kooks go through being, admittedly, the best of a bad bunch.

As there are three clashes left on this side of the bracket, I'm gonna put all three up for vote as a one-off to save a pointless day of one clash (also having the clashes on odd numbers has annoyed me since the start).

Round 14,15&16

Courteeners Vs Annie Mac

The Blaze vs Shame

Nothing But Thieves vs Krept & Konan

voting closes midnight tomorrow.

image.png.59a24b5c5a02801ceb8330747544c119.png