Stage splits / times

johnny-yen

36 minutes ago, richall1965 said:

If Lucy spraggan is headlining calling out (words fail me), with amazons and Tom grennan also headlining then she is definitely sat night cos amazons and Tom grennan are both playing y not on Saturday while she is 4th down on the 2nd stage on the Sunday 

It’s a good job they’ve increased the capacity ?

Is it just me or does the split make the line-up look extremely underwhelming? I know there's been a lot of criticisms elsewhere but when you see it spread over the different stages there seems to be an awful lot of not much at all. Aside from a handful of main stage bands, it looks like a line-up for a much smaller and cheaper festival.

45 minutes ago, Globalist said:

Is it just me or does the split make the line-up look extremely underwhelming? I know there's been a lot of criticisms elsewhere but when you see it spread over the different stages there seems to be an awful lot of not much at all. Aside from a handful of main stage bands, it looks like a line-up for a much smaller and cheaper festival.

Think your spot on here. 

There always used to be a good few in calling out I would be looking forward to, the odd thing in chai wallahs plus maybe 1 or 2 in House party. This year nothing really.

Added to that the main stage is light as a light thing. Did shed 7 not play earlier years ago and now they are subbing Saturday night ?

OCS were defo afternoon in the past and now they are also subbing. From memory they headlined Wickerman about a decade ago.

Anywayz Thursday and Sunday look best for me and I wasn’t planning on coming down till Friday. Moan over lol :-)

Dub Pistols got a slightly better slot this time round.

Well I'm more than happy with that split, as always each to their own but I've got a good mix of what I want to see spread across all days and then against some chill out time, I can't ask for more than that.  Really looking forward to it

46 minutes ago, Comfy Bean said:

Think your spot on here. 

There always used to be a good few in calling out I would be looking forward to, the odd thing in chai wallahs plus maybe 1 or 2 in House party. This year nothing really.

Added to that the main stage is light as a light thing. Did shed 7 not play earlier years ago and now they are subbing Saturday night ?

OCS were defo afternoon in the past and now they are also subbing. From memory they headlined Wickerman about a decade ago.

Anywayz Thursday and Sunday look best for me and I wasn’t planning on coming down till Friday. Moan over lol ?

Dub Pistols got a slightly better slot this time round.

Last time OCS played was an early acoustic set which pulled a pretty decent crowd...I've saw them about 30 times so I'm not going to complain about them being before the Libertines, but equally it wouldn't be unreasonable to have someone else in between the two. Likewise Shed Seven in a later slot is ideal for me, but with Run DMC headlining you'd definitely want someone else of note in there. BRMC would have been great.  Lucy Spraggan topping the second stage of a festival that costs £160 for a ticket is more than a bit grim.

Outwith the top end of the bill it's a particularly uninspiring, I think. I'd consider myself to have a pretty good knowledge of new/up-and-coming music  and am a bit of a loss as to an lot of the names. 

As a general observation, I feel like some parts of the festival haven't really  moved at the same pace as the increased capacity and profile. Not just the line-up, but the fact that the House Party and Twin Peaks are still so small, the lack of water points etc. I get those two areas are supposed to be quite intimate, but nonetheless it's bit of a bummer to be putting live bands in places only a tiny number of people can get in to and even when you are in it's generally unbearably hot. There's surely a way you could retain some of the spirit of them whilst move them to bigger tents.

Anyway, all that said, I don't want to be overly critical as I've loved every minute of every year I've been, I'm really  looking forward to this year's, and if I only see Shed Seven, James, OCS and the Libertines I'll be pretty happy about that so you can't grumble too much. 

Edited by Globalist
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, johnny-yen said:

Does anyone have an official set of times from a previous year that feels brave enough to put this years acts on?

The Main Stage would be nice  

Or if you scan one in, I’ll do it.

Thanks in advance?

Good idea this but unfortunately I can’t help you.

Hopefully someone can As the start time and finish time on the main stage will be pretty much the same. I had thought there were less acts on the main stage this year but apparently not ?

19 minutes ago, Comfy Bean said:

Good idea this but unfortunately I can’t help you.

Hopefully someone can As the start time and finish time on the main stage will be pretty much the same. I had thought there were less acts on the main stage this year but apparently not ?

you have been saying that since the first announcement but we counted and pretty much the same number.

Major bonus for me are Dub Pistols on at a decent time, they were ace last year but played to maybe 200 of us.

Thursday looks ace

Sunday gives me a perfect chill on the hill (I have had 2 people ask me why Bob Marley isn't playing with the Wailers anymore!?!)

Friday night straight from Catfish into HouseParty for Howling Rhythm

...Are the Baggy Mondays opening Calling Out on Friday??? Is this our Meetup sorted????

44 minutes ago, johnny-yen said:

Does anyone have an official set of times from a previous year that feels brave enough to put this years acts on?

The Main Stage would be nice  

Or if you scan one in, I’ll do it.

Thanks in advance?

Stage times main last year

F63B8137-3228-4AEF-AD97-14BFE4F43457.jpeg