Beverley Folk Festival 2018

Think the festival is a quite a big thing in folk circles.

It used to be held at a few venues around the town, with the main stage/ camping at the leisure centre. A few years ago it expanded and moved to the racecourse, where all the stages and campsites were situated.

Edited by The Red Telephone

I've got a statement from the organisers...

BEVERLEY FOLK FESTIVAL JUNE 2018 IS CANCELLED

It is with immense sadness and regret that we have to announce that this year’s festival cannot go ahead.

Beverley Folk Festival is a non-profit-making organisation, run by a dedicated team of volunteers. Unfortunately we have recently discovered that we have lost our primary source of funding so we simply do not have the money to pay for either the infrastructure or the performers.

We know that there will be a lot of people who are as disappointed as we are but we hope you will understand that, under the circumstances in which we find ourselves, it is not possible to run the event.

Unfortunately the company is unable to refund those people who have bought tickets in advance of the festival.

The directors, who are also volunteers, have taken the steps to place the company into a creditors’ voluntary liquidation as the company is insolvent. The directors have instructed a firm of licensed insolvency practitioners to assist them with this process and if you are owed money or have bought a ticket in advance then they will be in touch with you shortly.

If you have made a deposit for or paid for goods or services by credit or debit card and the goods or services are not going to be received by the due date, you may be able to get your money back by claiming a refund from your card issuer. Please contact your card issuer as soon as you can if this may apply to you. Further information including on time limits that apply is available from the UK Cards Association Credit and Debit Cards: A consumer guide

The directors would like to thank all those who have supported Beverley Folk Festival over the years, especially the sponsors, funders, East Riding of Yorkshire Council, Beverley Town Council and the hundreds of wonderful volunteers and artists.

In addition, whilst thanking the thousands of loyal festival-goers who have made the event a joy, the directors also offer their deepest and most sincere apologies to all those who are owed money by the company. 

This has been an incredibly difficult and heart-breaking decision for all involved.  However, the directors acknowledge that for almost 35 years Beverley Folk Festival has brought something special to the town, which was loved and enjoyed by so many people from far and wide.

Please note that the company has ceased to trade with immediate effect and any voicemail / messages will not be read or dealt with.

Our corporate recovery licensed insolvency practitioners:  Redman Nichols Butler, The Chapel, Bridge Street, Driffield, East Yorkshire, YO25 5DA Tel: 01377 257788 

• 1 month later...

Has anyone else had difficulty getting a refund from the card issuer?  I contacted my bank and was refused a refund on the £244 tickets.  It was just shy of 120 days from purchase when I put in the claim, which is the time limit from transaction to claim, however the regulations also state 'within 120 days of receipt of the expected goods or service' which I would take to be the date of the festival.  They've turned me down on the basis of going over the time limit.  

I would like to hear how others have got on. 

I've been advised that there's little chance of getting a full refund through the insolvency administrators.

Edited by nicky505