stuartbert two hats

New to you Music

ten_thousand.png

I'm probably not the only person on here who runs across a great artist they've never heard before but the music isn't new enough for the New Music thread and not old enough to be a classic.  Well, that's what this thread is for.  Hopefully these artists will play the festival.  Here's one I found recently:

My word that is rather lovely! New to me too and I will be investigating further. Are you familiar with Max Richter? Not dissimilar.

My humble offering though is slightly different

False Lights "Crossing The Bar" from the album Salvor from 2015. LOVE the 2001 inspired video as well.

Saw these support The Horrors late last year and I've been hooked ever since. They don't have much of a back catalogue but what they do is right up my street. The lead guitarist is fantastic. Got tickets to see them again in June.

Been listening to The Lemon Twigs' debut album from 2016 over the last couple of days and it's seriously good. Retro sound but I'm not really sure who to compare it to (might be as simple as The Beatles?), if anyone has any recommendations based on these chuck them my way!

1 hour ago, Odessa said:

Been listening to The Lemon Twigs' debut album from 2016 over the last couple of days and it's seriously good. Retro sound but I'm not really sure who to compare it to (might be as simple as The Beatles?), if anyone has any recommendations based on these chuck them my way!

I'd check out mid period Beach Boys - from Wild Honey to Surf's Up. Sunflower is a highlight of that era.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I'd check out mid period Beach Boys - from Wild Honey to Surf's Up. Sunflower is a highlight of that era.

Nice one thanks, I will. I've only heard Pet Sounds by them I think so about time I delved deeper.

20 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

This may be of interest:

Yeah, that's cool haha. Although it's decent quality considering it must be quite an old video and....ffs yeah I'm older than them. 

22 hours ago, Odessa said:

Get on the Foxygen if you're not already since they're basically the same band (but better) especially their most recent record 'Hang'.

25 minutes ago, Mash011 said:

Get on the Foxygen if you're not already since they're basically the same band (but better) especially their most recent record 'Hang'.

Cheers man, I think I gave Hang a listen a few months ago and wasn't feeling it, but just listening to Follow The Leader now and it's pretty good. I'll give the album another go tonight.

edit: I'm halfway through it and not sure I agree on the "same band" shout. It sounds like it's been written to be in a Disney film or something to me, and this is exactly what I thought last time I listened to it haha.

Edited by Odessa

18 minutes ago, Odessa said:

Yeah, that's cool haha. Although it's decent quality considering it must be quite an old video and....ffs yeah I'm older than them. 

Get used to it. You're going to be older than most of the new bands coming through from now on.