What are you looking forward to the most ?

Comfy Bean

Now the 2nd announcement has sunk in and we accept that this is it.....

I`m looking forward to seeing a headliner in the Woods on Friday night. The whole woodland scene has been a triumph over the years compared to what used to be up there.

I`m also going to spend some time in Tim Peaks as I`ve only stuck my nose in a couple of times for 5 mins.

Going to also make the effort to be nearer the front for James and Libertines as I`ve not been luvin the sound so much further back where I normally stand.

All round more exploring as well in the afternoon as looking like there won`t be much on the main stage to my liking in the afternoons.

Dinner at Ghandis Flip Flop. I forgot to go last year.

The weather. To be glorious I heard.

My 11th kendal but my first in a Motorhome so I’m mainly looking forward to doing it in comfort. Don’t get me wrong, I’ve been predominantly in Deer Lodge but no lugging a tonne of alcohol around the site pleases me no end. 

I’ll also enjoy seeing a lot of the bands I’ve seen many times before. The new stage, new bands, meeting new friends & generally being off my face for 4 days away from the world. For all I’ve whinged about this lineup, it’s often the bands I’ve never heard of that have delivered the most enjoyment. There’s something nice about wandering around, sticking your head into Riot Jazz & end up staying for an hour ! 

The weather helps but it’s not a deal breaker although it doesn’t help with toilets/showers etc which end up lifting. Overall, I’m going with a positive attitude. It’s likely to be my last Kendal calling as I really don’t feel like it’s got something fresh, new or innovative to show me anymore but it doesn’t mean it won’t be a great weekend. 

Lets be honest too, all those missing out. Imagine the weather is great & you’re sat in your garden over Kendal Weekend thinking about what you would have been doing ???

• Upvote 1

• 5 weeks later...

These last few evenings sitting in the garden, sun setting, the smell of freshly cut grass, ice cold cider etc has got me excited.

Any day now, the rain will be pissing down and  I can start looking forward to this years trip down to Kendal Calling :-)

• Upvote 1

On 4/15/2018 at 8:38 PM, Comfy Bean said:

Watching grown men dance around in kids fancy dress outfits claiming that it`s noon somewhere B)

Won`t be down till Friday but Hacienda will be excellent in the fields. Saw it in Glasgow. Good stuff.

and outfits are sorted this year, already had them in!

• 1 month later...

Watched a bit of OCS over the weekend and think they will be a perfect sub for the Libertines as the sun sets on Sunday.

Seen them loads but not for a while. One of my must sees . Looking at the main stage line up for Sunday, I might get my wandering done by Saturday night and just park myself on the hill from Lady Leshurr onwards........