big weekend 2019

jj200

8 minutes ago, NickisGinger said:

*cough* Rita Ora, Jess Glynne *cough* 

At least those two have new albums out to promote for once!

I’m pleasantly surprised George Ezra hasn’t been rebooked, I know he played fourth down last year but there probably isn’t a more popular British act touring at the moment. He’s presumably already lined up to headline on his next record.

58 minutes ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

At least those two have new albums out to promote for once!

I’m pleasantly surprised George Ezra hasn’t been rebooked, I know he played fourth down last year but there probably isn’t a more popular British act touring at the moment. He’s presumably already lined up to headline on his next record.

Yeah but still haha.

Maybe he was like nah thanks. I can’t wait to see him next week ?

23 minutes ago, WS_Jack_III said:

Not bad for £20 I guess. I was gonna put in for it in hope of Raconteurs playing but it looks like the line up is locked in?

Hmm I can’t remember last year how it went but I doubt they’ll go through the whole of April not announcing anything else, or though it could just be BBC Introducing left. 

I can’t see anywhere it’s final. But then I can’t see anywhere where it says more to be announced. 

I don’t really know if that ^made sense^

1 hour ago, WS_Jack_III said:

I thought it was supposed to be free?

Hasn’t been truly free for years. For a good few years they called it ‘free’ then stuck it in the smallprint that you’d have to pay six or seven quid as a ‘booking fee’ but now they’re just honest about it.

I remember way back when they used to give out 100% of the tickets first come first served to people queuing up somewhere in the city that was hosting it, those were the days :) 

Edited by Rose-Colored Boy

27 minutes ago, NickisGinger said:

Hmm I can’t remember last year how it went but I doubt they’ll go through the whole of April not announcing anything else, or though it could just be BBC Introducing left. 

I can’t see anywhere it’s final. But then I can’t see anywhere where it says more to be announced. 

I don’t really know if that ^made sense^

Last few years there’s been nine acts per stage per day on the main stages, so there should be two more for Saturday and three more for Sunday. Unless they’re giving the acts - or at least the headliners - longer on stage this year, which certainly wouldn’t go amiss.

They are definitely doing things differently in some respects already this year - I don’t think they’ve ever announced the bulk of the lineup prior to T-Day before - so we’ll see.

Edited by Rose-Colored Boy

28 minutes ago, DomDom1984 said:

Let's face it. Absolutely nobody is complaining about 20 quid for this lineup anyways. Or at least, they shouldn't be. Value coming out of your ears there.

I'd probably only see Charlie XCX on that line up. I was gonna go in for them in case The Raconteurs played but I don't think they will be.

Also, I thought my post code would put me in priority but it doesn't.

9 minutes ago, WS_Jack_III said:

I'd probably only see Charlie XCX on that line up. I was gonna go in for them in case The Raconteurs played but I don't think they will be.

Really? 

41 minutes ago, DomDom1984 said:

Let's face it. Absolutely nobody is complaining about 20 quid for this lineup anyways. Or at least, they shouldn't be. Value coming out of your ears there.

I don’t see people complaining, just asking why it’s not free ticketed anymore.

1 hour ago, DomDom1984 said:

Mmm. It’s a shame it isn’t ‘free’ anymore just like it’s a shame the main stage isn’t a tent anymore but with the BBC cutbacks it’s a minor miracle they even still put it on at all.

1 hour ago, WS_Jack_III said:

I don't mean as far as personal tastes go. The good value is that it's a tremendous price for a lineup of that magnitude.

I do get that it used to be free, but that was never going to be sustainable. Those acts are going to command quite the fee. That's quite the use of BBC resourses.

31 minutes ago, DomDom1984 said:

I don't mean as far as personal tastes go. The good value is that it's a tremendous price for a lineup of that magnitude.

I do get that it used to be free, but that was never going to be sustainable. Those acts are going to command quite the fee. That's quite the use of BBC resourses.

Oh yeah for sure, it's pretty cool really.

• Upvote 1

I thought I had a pair of Saturday and pair of Sunday tickets but just checked my confirmation emails and it appears I have 2 pairs for Sunday? I definitely clicked the Saturday link once and Sunday link once so not sure what’s happened there.

Now I just need to find somewhere to stay which isn’t going to cost a small fortune...

2 hours ago, Luke Routledge said:

A buddy has got 6 tickets when it says there is a strict limit of 4 per person. Reckon it will be enforced?

No, I got 6 tickets last year for Coventry, with details the same (card, name address). They never ever checked ID the times I’ve been. 

But not to say that could change this year (unlikely) 

Edited by NickisGinger