big weekend 2019

jj200

1 hour ago, gfa said:

Headlining at Big Weekend doesn’t really mean much though - if anything probably better for them to not headline as people will want to go to the main shows and won’t buy big weekend tickets instead. Sales can’t be that bad if they added that Bristol show anyway

Was just thinking more them playing in daylight- they aren't radio 1 headline material anymore I don't think, nobody will be interested! 

They seem to have messed up on the Bristol one because it seemed to be added with an apology and an offer to swap Manchester or London tickets for it. Still standing left for both of those, though maybe I'll get to see a muse gig in manchester without people talking the entire way through if the casual fans aren't bothered....

10 hours ago, efcfanwirral said:

Was just thinking more them playing in daylight- they aren't radio 1 headline material anymore I don't think, nobody will be interested! 

They seem to have messed up on the Bristol one because it seemed to be added with an apology and an offer to swap Manchester or London tickets for it. Still standing left for both of those, though maybe I'll get to see a muse gig in manchester without people talking the entire way through if the casual fans aren't bothered....

Bit annoyed I payed full price really, bet the twickets will be cheap 

2 hours ago, juneau said:

Will it definitely be an English location? I'm a bit out the loop on how they do this but sure they used to rotate between Scotland, Wales, NI as well.

Last four locations are Swansea, Hull, Exeter and Norwich, and Birmingham will get it in 2022 to tie in with the City of Culture thingy, so anywhere within easy reach of any of those is most likely out. Probably somewhere in Northern Ireland, Scotland or South East England. Maybe North Wales/Blackpool/the Lake District at a push.

Edited by Rose-Colored Boy
  • Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Last four locations are Swansea, Hull, Exeter and Norwich, and Birmingham will get it in 2022 to tie in with the City of Culture thingy, so anywhere within easy reach of any of those is most likely out. Probably somewhere in Northern Ireland, Scotland or South East England. Maybe North Wales/Blackpool/the Lake District at a push.

There is no city of culture in 2022, Coventry are getting it in 2021 unless thats what you're thinking but a quick google says the next one is Coventry and even European one has't got Birmingham lined up

12 minutes ago, Callum_96 said:

There is no city of culture in 2022, Coventry are getting it in 2021 unless thats what you're thinking but a quick google says the next one is Coventry and even European one has't got Birmingham lined up

oh shit yeah I was getting Cov 2021 confused with the 2022 Commonwealth Games, my bad. Point still stands though, very unlikely to be anywhere in the Midlands this year

Edited by Rose-Colored Boy

Drawing my own conclusions here but I feel like they always strategically place the event in locations which don't already have a nearby annual music festival, for that reason Chelmsford doesn't fit the bill because of Rize festival / V Festival.

8 minutes ago, ManLj said:

Drawing my own conclusions here but I feel like they always strategically place the event in locations which don't already have a nearby annual music festival, for that reason Chelmsford doesn't fit the bill because of Rize festival / V Festival.

Do you think Pride would rule out Brighton then? Because Brighton is perfect for it in every other respect.

11 minutes ago, ManLj said:

Rize has been canceled I think.

On 1/30/2019 at 9:00 PM, efcfanwirral said:

Why? What did they have to be sorry about? 

12 hours ago, NickisGinger said:

Why? What did they have to be sorry about? 

Just that a lot of people in their home area bought tickets for either London or Manchester, both absolutely miles away, because they thought those were the only two gigs then they announced Bristol a couple of weeks later. Good gesture letting people swap because those tickets won't be being shifted for anywhere near face value if they don't sell out 

8 hours ago, efcfanwirral said:

Just that a lot of people in their home area bought tickets for either London or Manchester, both absolutely miles away, because they thought those were the only two gigs then they announced Bristol a couple of weeks later. Good gesture letting people swap because those tickets won't be being shifted for anywhere near face value if they don't sell out 

Oh fair play!

On 1/30/2019 at 9:00 PM, efcfanwirral said:

With this, I don't think its sold that badly. Can't tell for standing but only tickets in a few blocks left on seetickets for the two big shows, and Bristol was announced later but seems to be selling fine. Confused why it gets more expensive for the higher up blocks though, is that meant to be the case? I think they'll sell out, literally only really poor blocks have seats left on seetickets, everything else is fully sold out. There's still another 5 months ?