big weekend 2019

jj200

On 10/28/2018 at 6:50 PM, Gucci Piggy said:

Agreed mate. Was at their 2015 Big Weekend set. It was shit.

Edit: They did play Bliss in a one hour set though so can't complain too much.

thats pretty remarkable to be fair

Jess Glynne will definitely be there, she’s always around. Can’t see Adele there or Sam Smith since headlined the Wales one this year.

Assuming it’s bank holiday weekend again maybe not Pink as she’s in America, same as The 1975 but there’s a gap between 21st & 30th, so they’ll be there.

Edited by NickisGinger

12 hours ago, NickisGinger said:

Jess Glynne will definitely be there, she’s always around. Can’t see Adele there or Sam Smith since headlined the Wales one this year.

Assuming it’s bank holiday weekend again maybe not Pink as she’s in America, same as The 1975 but there’s a gap between 21st & 30th, so they’ll be there.

Bercally its every act who's got a break in their tour where big weekend is.

As for location, I’d guess North East England near Newcastle, or Scotland. Possibly Northern Ireland again.

As said above, if any acts are touring spring next year, check their dates - if there’s a gap where it’s Bank holiday weekend, I’d bet money they’d be at Big Weekend. Definitly one of the harder festivals to predict, considering pretty much all genres are represented there.

1 hour ago, jjoshwhite said:

As for location, I’d guess North East England near Newcastle, or Scotland. Possibly Northern Ireland again.

As said above, if any acts are touring spring next year, check their dates - if there’s a gap where it’s Bank holiday weekend, I’d bet money they’d be at Big Weekend. Definitly one of the harder festivals to predict, considering pretty much all genres are represented there.

I'm thinking the headliners will be Mumford and sons and muse.

Other acts include the 1975, Bastille, foals, stromzy, years and years ,clean bandit, Olly murs, fall out boy, Travis Scott, Calvin Harris, two door cinema club, Ellie Goulding and the strokes.

I know they haven't announced anything to the public yet but Royal Blood are working on a new album and could have some new music out next year so they could always be an option? If you're wondering, I bumped into Benji on the London tubes when going to the AM London O2 show. Just asked him a few questions and he mentioned how they are working on a new album. 

On 10/30/2018 at 8:15 PM, jj200 said:

I'm thinking the headliners will be Mumford and sons and muse.

Other acts include the 1975, Bastille, foals, stromzy, years and years ,clean bandit, Olly murs, fall out boy, Travis Scott, Calvin Harris, two door cinema club, Ellie Goulding and the strokes.

Calvin Harris is a headliner in his own right IMO. Probably the same for Fall Out Boy too - but agree, most of those acts seem reasonable. I’d expect a few more indie bands though like in 2017.

• 2 weeks later...

On place it feels like it’s been Scotland a couple of times quite recently and most regions have had it fairly recently, my guess would be stoke or somewhere in the midlands, a city still stuck a little bit and would give a big economic boost too and not on the circuit with most touring shows anymore following the end of v festival and no replacement, plus with the exception of Coventry having one of the events last year there hasn’t been an event in the midlands since 2004.

the other option that would be fair on distribution would be the south east as the last one was 2008 back in Maidstone

9 hours ago, joshi said:

On place it feels like it’s been Scotland a couple of times quite recently and most regions have had it fairly recently, my guess would be stoke or somewhere in the midlands, a city still stuck a little bit and would give a big economic boost too and not on the circuit with most touring shows anymore following the end of v festival and no replacement, plus with the exception of Coventry having one of the events last year there hasn’t been an event in the midlands since 2004.

the other option that would be fair on distribution would be the south east as the last one was 2008 back in Maidstone

It could be Canterbury in kent

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Headliners

Main stage

Saturday the 1975

Sunday Mumford and sons

Where music begins stage

Saturday years and years

Sunday foals

Other acts

Main stage

Saturday tame impala the strokes Bastille twenty one pilots Stereophonics bring me the horizon clean bandit olly murs

Sunday two door cinema club royal blood Rita ora Jess gynne Biffy cyrlo snow patrol dua lipa the vaccines

5 hours ago, jj200 said:

Headliners

Main stage

Saturday the 1975

Sunday Mumford and sons

Where music begins stage

Saturday years and years

Sunday foals

Other acts

Main stage

Saturday tame impala the strokes Bastille twenty one pilots Stereophonics bring me the horizon clean bandit olly murs

Sunday two door cinema club royal blood Rita ora Jess gynne Biffy cyrlo snow patrol dua lipa the vaccines

Have you listened to radio 1 in the past few years? You seem to have a severe lack of autotuned pop and r'n'b in your predictions