Pitchfork Paris 2018

aidenlangan95

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Anyone been to this before? Wondering if it is one that would be worth doing solo.

No interest from any friends (for some reason - maybe I need new friends!) but Bon Iver, Car Seat Headrest and Stephen Malkmus are all worth a look for me.

Can get tix and flights easily enough so just wondering would I be left feeling out of place on my own if I did chance it!

34 minutes ago, ConfidenceMan said:

Anyone been to this before? Wondering if it is one that would be worth doing solo.

Never been to but heard some stories that it wasn't that wow as to how it looks on the poster. Set times are on the short side and the people seem to be very talkative which are two bummers for me atleast. The price seems fine and all but I'd rather see someone like Bon Iver in a nice theatre or arena with a dedicated crowd, but that's just me I guess. Sightseeing in Paris during the day and in the evening checking some bands out seems like a nice weekend nonetheless tho.

17 minutes ago, arcuse said:

Never been to but heard some stories that it wasn't that wow as to how it looks on the poster. Set times are on the short side and the people seem to be very talkative which are two bummers for me atleast. The price seems fine and all but I'd rather see someone like Bon Iver in a nice theatre or arena with a dedicated crowd, but that's just me I guess. Sightseeing in Paris during the day and in the evening checking some bands out seems like a nice weekend nonetheless tho.

The pluses are quite a few. You can see literally all the bands, the crowd is decent, it's well organised and as you say plenty of time for seeing Paris in the day.

The negatives are the lack of choice (only one stage in action at a time means plenty of times where whoever is on doesn't float your boat), nothing else to do there, the expensive drinks prices, nowhere to sit and watch the bands and above all the claustrophobic feeling of standing in the same hall for three days running. Definitely by the third night it's diminishing returns.

I would go with a friend who was into it but not alone.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Heading to Pitchfork Paris for the first time this year with a few m9s. Missing out on Glastonbury tickets on Sunday has made me even more determined to get the most possible out of it!

Very much looking forward to Blood Orange, Mac Demarco, Bon Iver, G Flip, DJ Koze, Boy Pablo and Rolling Blackouts Coastal Fever. Been checking out Cola Boyy and Yellow Days who I think will be worth a watch. 

Would be grateful for any tips from people who've been before, both for the festival itself and things and places to do/see/eat/drink at around the venue. 

Cheers

On 10/10/2018 at 12:50 PM, AtomsForPizza said:

Heading to Pitchfork Paris for the first time this year with a few m9s. Missing out on Glastonbury tickets on Sunday has made me even more determined to get the most possible out of it!

Very much looking forward to Blood Orange, Mac Demarco, Bon Iver, G Flip, DJ Koze, Boy Pablo and Rolling Blackouts Coastal Fever. Been checking out Cola Boyy and Yellow Days who I think will be worth a watch. 

Would be grateful for any tips from people who've been before, both for the festival itself and things and places to do/see/eat/drink at around the venue. 

Cheers

Not much to see or do near the venue, I'm afraid. Well, compared to the city as a whole.

• 2 weeks later...