Indietracks 2018

betharm

Never been, even though I live 8 miles from the place - been meaning to go for years. I've heard nothing but good things about this one.

You're right, there lineup is as good as anything around with Lovely Eggs (amazing new album!) and Dream Wife clinching it for me. I'll be there.

You'll probably be able to get the bus from Alfreton, or walk, its all down hill!

Love Lovely Eggs and Dream Wife! 

Sacred Paws, Girl Ray, Spinning Coin and Amber Arcades are all excellent too. 

I like the sound of the campsite - “We provide a large marquee for you after event entertainment, a long with our open bar and cafe, selling a variety of refreshments and alcohol to relieve your hunger or thirst.”

It’s a lovely little festival, impossibly relaxed, well organised, kid friendly, plenty of space. When Y Not was going into mud filled meltdown last year a few miles down the road Indie tracks was all fine.

Big fan of the little chapel stage. The addition of the trains is random but pleasing also.

I don’t know how wild it gets late on as I drove and had kids with me but I’m sure it’s all fun.

• Upvote 1

It sounds so good, I will definitely be booking, maybe towards the end of this month (payday). The early bird prices are until 13th May and after enquiring with the Golden Valley campsite, it sounds like they have lots of space left. Really looking forward to it :-)

• 3 weeks later...

Its a great festival. Three stages, friendly people working there and attending, decent beers and handful of food places.

Seems like a lot of the bands who are on hang around to watch/support others too.

Alfeton definitely nearest station but Derby not a million miles away.

Friday can feel a bit like the warm up for the main event but I think Lovely Eggs will change that this time. Looking forward to catching them again.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I'd just like to say what a great festival this is! I will definitely be returning.

Saw some amazing bands, met lovely festival goers and other volunteers. Such a friendly atmosphere, and so tiny it's impossible to get lost and easy to nip between stages.

Highlights for me were: Girl Ray (the sun was out after a horrible morning of rain - I nearly went home in a strop but so happy I stuck it out), Melenas and Colour Me Wednesday. Of course the campsite disco deserves a mention, can't beat a good dance to indie bangers - even Moldy Peaches got a spin!

Such an excellent weekend. I have officially found my field of bumblebees.

• Like 1

I though it was brilliant.

Really well organised and executed, fantastic food and drink selection , and the friendliest festival I've ever been to.

Loved all three headliners, especially British Sea Power and other highlights included Gwenno, Night Flowers, Dream Wife, Tigercats, Melenas, and The Baby Seals.

Not a single 'chatterer' or other idiot issue the whole weekend. 

And the volunteers were especially fabulous - thanks for your efforts ?