Visiting the farm in 2018

Jelly Belly

Apologies if this has been asked a million  times previously but I don't get on too regularly but what is the likelihood of being allowed to have a look around the site when the festival isn't on?

Myself and my wife are taking our 20 month old Daughter to Cornwall in July and looking for a one night stop off in the Glastonbury area to break the journey up from the North West and thought it would be nice to take her down there for a stroll about. Are they really strict when it comes to who they allow into the fields? 

A courtesy email is always nice but not necessary in my experience. I think a lot of the locals who post on here regularly take strolls across the fields and post pictures. Stick to the country code, close gates, respect the working farm and you'll be fine. I tend to park up by the recreation ground on Pylle Road and then walk down Hitchen Hill. That way you get a nice view of the Pyramid as you walk in.

I like to take a stroll around once a season and funnily enough I'll be going over on Sunday for my annual Spring trip to the farm. Hopefully the weather improves for the weekend, but as ever for that hallowed ground it looks as though wellies will be the required footwear...

• Like 1

23 hours ago, SPTFRE said:

A courtesy email is always nice but not necessary in my experience. I think a lot of the locals who post on here regularly take strolls across the fields and post pictures. Stick to the country code, close gates, respect the working farm and you'll be fine. I tend to park up by the recreation ground on Pylle Road and then walk down Hitchen Hill. That way you get a nice view of the Pyramid as you walk in.

I like to take a stroll around once a season and funnily enough I'll be going over on Sunday for my annual Spring trip to the farm. Hopefully the weather improves for the weekend, but as ever for that hallowed ground it looks as though wellies will be the required footwear...

yep this and having just come back from the farm I can report that the tracks are very wet and muddy.

In fact I think Somerset is sinking.:flood:

Oh and keep an ear out for the red Landrover and step out the way if it comes your way.....it's his farm and he'll drive like

he wants to.... :roadrage:  whilst smiling and waving 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 04/04/2018 at 3:11 PM, deebeedoobee said:

yep this and having just come back from the farm I can report that the tracks are very wet and muddy.

In fact I think Somerset is sinking.:flood:

Oh and keep an ear out for the red Landrover and step out the way if it comes your way.....it's his farm and he'll drive like

he wants to.... :roadrage:  whilst smiling and waving 

At least you can hear him coming in his Landrover. You didn't get any warning when he had his Nissan Leaf

Does anyone know the email address of the festival office ? ive tried an online search and cant seem to find it :( and the link on the website doesn't seem to work . I know it is possible to turn up unanounced, but think its reasonable and polite thing to be doing with a minibus of people going to the farm for my Birthday on the 23rd June ( festival weekend ) 

On 10/04/2018 at 7:17 PM, crazyfool1 said:

Does anyone know the email address of the festival office ? ive tried an online search and cant seem to find it :( and the link on the website doesn't seem to work . I know it is possible to turn up unanounced, but think its reasonable and polite thing to be doing with a minibus of people going to the farm for my Birthday on the 23rd June ( festival weekend ) 

Could you let us know when you hear back please?  I'm interested to know if there's any restriction on visiting over the (not) festival weekend due to the risk of distraught punters besieging the site and staging their own impromptu festivities....not that I'm planning any!

1 hour ago, parsonjack said:

Could you let us know when you hear back please?  I'm interested to know if there's any restriction on visiting over the (not) festival weekend due to the risk of distraught punters besieging the site and staging their own impromptu festivities....not that I'm planning any!

just sent the email ... (you prompted me :) ) will let you know the response 

7 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Not sure what link you used before. Was it this one?

http://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/contact-us/

ive tried that one ... and it doesn't give me any text for the capcha box at the bottom so it won't send ...maybe its something im doing wrong ... ive also tried the email address pilton digger gives above ...

On 13/04/2018 at 1:28 PM, parsonjack said:

Just received the Generic email back ..

Hi Alex

The Eavis family and their neighbours give their land over for everyone to enjoy during the Festival each year, however Worthy Farm and the neighbouring farms which make up the Festival site are private property.

You are still free to walk on the public footpaths (which run to the north of Worthy Farm) but please be aware that those footpaths do not extend beyond the Festival offices onto the main part of the Festival site.

For the avoidance of doubt, the stone tracks across the Festival site are not public rights of way. There is no public access to the Pyramid arena, Kidz Field, market areas or Green Fields. For your own safety, please do not attempt to climb on any structures, and respect that these are working farms, with animals grazing.

Lastly, we ask that if you do go for a walk on the public footpaths, please refrain from sharing pictures of the Farm or Festival site on social media, as doing so may lead others to believe the site is open to the public, which it is not.

Best wishes

Glastonbury Festival

On 16/04/2018 at 5:32 PM, crazyfool1 said:

Just received the Generic email back ..

Hi Alex

The Eavis family and their neighbours give their land over for everyone to enjoy during the Festival each year, however Worthy Farm and the neighbouring farms which make up the Festival site are private property.

You are still free to walk on the public footpaths (which run to the north of Worthy Farm) but please be aware that those footpaths do not extend beyond the Festival offices onto the main part of the Festival site.

For the avoidance of doubt, the stone tracks across the Festival site are not public rights of way. There is no public access to the Pyramid arena, Kidz Field, market areas or Green Fields. For your own safety, please do not attempt to climb on any structures, and respect that these are working farms, with animals grazing.

Lastly, we ask that if you do go for a walk on the public footpaths, please refrain from sharing pictures of the Farm or Festival site on social media, as doing so may lead others to believe the site is open to the public, which it is not.

Best wishes

Glastonbury Festival

Interesting...is this the standard response to visit enquiries that has been given previously?  It seems to suggest a more restrictive approach than before ref access to Pyramid, Green Fields etc?

3 hours ago, broken monkey said:

I think they just want to avoid huge swarms of people just turning up and not respecting the farm.

It seems they are normally comfortable with the odd few people wandering about but as festival time approaches on the fallow year, they are putting out a stronger message so people don't just turn up and make their own Glastonbury 2018.

I think there will be security on site over what would be the festival period too - from solstice onwards.

Mainly to stop this happening x 500:

On ‎10‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 7:17 PM, crazyfool1 said:

with a minibus of people going to the farm for my Birthday on the 23rd June ( festival weekend ) 

:lol::lol: