First time solo

Barack

Hey everyone,

Just bought a ticket for Saturday and i'm really excited! 

Its my first time i'll be at Reading, and as i mentioned i'm going solo. it's not my first time being in a festival solo but i'm not that experienced.

anyway, a few thing i'd like to know:

Is it possible (and common) to get from London to Reading and return at the same day of the festival? i'm planning on staying at an hostel in London and take the train or w/e you'll recommend.

What are the chances that Pendulum and Kendrick won't perform at the same time? 

How big is the festival area?

Is there some groups for solo goers?

And the most important question; how's the toilets over there? last festival i attended i didn't pissed for like 8 hours.

Thanks in advanced 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/1/2018 at 10:05 PM, Barack said:

Hey everyone,

Just bought a ticket for Saturday and i'm really excited! 

Its my first time i'll be at Reading, and as i mentioned i'm going solo. it's not my first time being in a festival solo but i'm not that experienced.

anyway, a few thing i'd like to know:

Is it possible (and common) to get from London to Reading and return at the same day of the festival? i'm planning on staying at an hostel in London and take the train or w/e you'll recommend.

What are the chances that Pendulum and Kendrick won't perform at the same time? 

How big is the festival area?

Is there some groups for solo goers?

And the most important question; how's the toilets over there? last festival i attended i didn't pissed for like 8 hours.

Thanks in advanced 

You can get back, but trains back from the station on Saturday night will be pretty busy - last train is like 20 past midnight. You'll miss the last tube in London so you'll be night bussing it. Personally, I'd make the most and stay the night!

Pendulum and KL will probably be on the same time if they're both headlining, although KL will probably be on later, so chances are you'll be able to split it.

Festival arena is pretty big, but even when tipsy a 10 min walk will get you anywhere in the arena. Toilets in the arena (for guys) aren't that bad. They have pretty big urinals so just in, do your thing and out. I've never had to queue for a piss in the arena!

Edited by eFestivals

• 2 months later...

Thanks for the answer.

What is the best way to get to the arena from the train station, and back? 

What do you think about the Coach travel option?

I don't have a place to stay (at the festival or in reading) so it's the least desirable option for me. (and since i come from abroad i don't really know anyone...).

Hi

Travelling back out to London may be a bit of trouble. Finding some where to stay in Reading now is either going to impossible or mega expensive. I don't know what your travel plans are but maybe you can stay in Maidenhead? easy to get to Reading (15 mins on train) and if you then wanted to go to London it's 25 mins by train into Paddington.

I haven't been to Reading Festival for quite a while but in the past I've always walked from the station to the grounds as the traffic is crazy busy.

Edited by doobie ninja

There are trains to maidenhead at night?

I saw that at previous years, there was some kind of activities late at night (Movies and DJ set), if im on a Day ticket, i can attend to those things? I thought maybe ill just stay up until 4Am and take the first train/bus to london?

And if anyone have an experience with the Coach travel, i'd like to know if its worth it?

Hi. Yes there are late trains back to Maidenhead. 

I'm really not a fan of the Festival to be honest (despite the fact that I've been a bunch of times, but that's another story!) and one of my gripes with it is that it all shuts down early. Late night stuff used to be a fair and a silent disco, but i haven't been for ages so maybe it's changed.