Primal Scream

sinc72

10 minutes ago, Curlygirl said:

The April fools joke they did was brilliant, but I can’t see them being so blatant about a particular band as a joke? 

Yeah it's a pretty rubbish joke if it is! I can see primal scream playing the Thursday night. I'm hoping for some big things in the next announcement!

36 minutes ago, sinc72 said:

Yeah it's a pretty rubbish joke if it is! I can see primal scream playing the Thursday night. I'm hoping for some big things in the next announcement!

I can’t see them subbing Thursday. I’m with Comfy in thinking Saturday. 

37 minutes ago, KoolKeith said:

This is promising if true. Great band!

Also promising that they are out and about at the right time. Playing Up at Belladrum the Saturday after Kendal.

I think they’re a bit hit and miss these days or any days but would be a decent addition at this stage.

Public Service Broadcasting and Ride were added to Electric Fields last week.

1 minute ago, LOCHLAND5 said:

Can’t see primal at Kendal............ is there not enough of this on the line up ?

More than enough - true.

It is what it is though. I wouldn’t be surprised. Rather this year than headlining next year !!

They need a half decent “ name “ to play a longer sub slot before the Dmc thing.....in my opinion.

Just had a proper look at these other festivals. Kendal Calling is bigger than all of them so I would expect Kendal to have the best line up. I would say 3-4 of the following would really flesh out Kendal.

Leftfield

Brian Jonestown Massacre

Black Angels

BRMC

Ghostpoet

Teenage Fanclub

Fat White Family

Peace

Ride

The Horrors

The Coral

Actually the more I look at it I should have gone to Electric Fields!!

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, sinc72 said:

A really bad joke perhaps by kendal. Just a further boot in the balls

Cmon on guys it was posted at 9:33 am on April fools day ! 

The line up is poor in comparison to other years but I have had on good authority that a certain other festivals promoter is or is trying to make life difficult for Kendal! They basically victims of their own success! 

Primal scream were never going to be added the only place in the line up they could of slotted in was Thursday headliner and that’s taken by hacienda and I tell you now if you go and watch with your party heads on you won’t be disappointed. 

23 minutes ago, LOCHLAND5 said:

The line up is poor in comparison to other years but I have had on good authority that a certain other festivals promoter is or is trying to make life difficult for Kendal! They basically victims of their own success! 

Primal scream were never going to be added the only place in the line up they could of slotted in was Thursday headliner and that’s taken by hacienda and I tell you now if you go and watch with your party heads on you won’t be disappointed. 

Fair enough if it was a joke. I just think it was a bit too realistic.

Do it with Stone Roses, Pink Floyd, Rolling Stones or summit.

Im not really arsed with seeing Primal Scream again but the fact they are at Belladrum the weekend after makes me wonder.....

Point taken on the April 1st. 

8 hours ago, LOCHLAND5 said:

That's actually the headline night I am most looking forward to, we were going to go see it in Lancaster but then got announced for KC so saved me the best part of £200! 

56 minutes ago, bottonrob said:

That's actually the headline night I am most looking forward to, we were going to go see it in Lancaster but then got announced for KC so saved me the best part of £200! 

Same with me and castlefield bowl, along with shed seven!