Sign in to follow this  
eFestivals

next announcement ...

25 minutes ago, man next door said:

Oh dear. It's not very good this year, is it?

For me, the Watchet lineup is much better.

horses for courses and all that, but scouting for girls, better? :blink:

45 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

horses for courses and all that, but scouting for girls, better? :blink:

I don't know what you mean. How can you argue with a band who have sold 2 million records, been nominated for 4 Brit awards and 1 Novello award?

Their first album was 3 x Platinum and the follow up hit the gold sales threshold.

Their most streamed song on Spotify has had more listens than the total of the most streamed song of all of Wychwood's 3 headliners. It's been listened to over 30 times more than Baxter Dury's highest streamed song. 

Just because you don't like them, doesn't make them a bad band or a bad booking. 

It's all very subjective, but the stats really do speak for themselves.

17 minutes ago, man next door said:

I don't know what you mean. How can you argue with a band who have sold 2 million records, been nominated for 4 Brit awards and 1 Novello award?

Their first album was 3 x Platinum and the follow up hit the gold sales threshold.

Their most streamed song on Spotify has had more listens than the total of the most streamed song of all of Wychwood's 3 headliners. It's been listened to over 30 times more than Baxter Dury's highest streamed song. 

and Westlife would do even better. Those sorts of counts are a popularity contest away from festivals, and not necessarily relevant for festivals.

Just because you don't like them, doesn't make them a bad band or a bad booking. 

As i said, horses for courses. :)

Tho I did think (without making any Wychwood comparison) when i was updating the Watchet line-up here yesterday that Watchet's line-up this year felt particularly old and sad compared to plenty of others.

(Scouting for Girls are the act a bit different to that general theme).

It's all very subjective, but the stats really do speak for themselves.

Yep, there's no doubting that they're very popular.

I wonder how well that popularity matches up with Watchet, when bearing in mind the other acts on its bill and what it's had down the years, as well as the slightly different sorts of festival bills you more normally see Scouting for Girls on.

But there's at least one happy punter in you. :)