guypjfreak

• Replies 897
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

57 minutes ago, guypjfreak said:

Arrr Umm one knows it's only 165 day's till one can have one's pills.. 

charles.jpeg

That bloke in the hat above Prince Charles's left hand shoulder. He's the only one not looking at His Royal Highness. Defo Secret Service, in my stoned opinion. He is concentrating on and looking at, the crowd. They'll be others looking at the crowd bits that he can't visually or responsively cover. Surely that's got to be the case, or am I stone mad? Or even stoned mad? Mind you, he also looks like he sees Lugsy everyday of the week, so may be just bored.

Oh, I've just spotted the other bloke that's not looking at HRH. He must be one of them Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles .

Well, I think that I sussed that one out fairly handily!

On 20/04/2018 at 11:44 AM, oneeye said:

Image result for glasto ticket

Super to see that again - it was such a pretty ticket that year I made up some badges
from the ticket and somewhere I still have the negatives and even have the badge. I missed a opportunity there because people kept stopping us asking where they could buy the badge but of course no one was selling them .

It was such bad weather in 1985 I was worried that none of my friends would show up in 1986

if you look dead close the badge is on the right side of my jacket as you look at this shot - that was taken on the night the Cure played - fantastic show. 

012_o.thumb.jpg.a18123e7eb912d9876e04cd07ded7787.jpg

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, glasto-worker said:

Super to see that again - it was such a pretty ticket that year I made up some badges
from the ticket and somewhere I still have the negatives and even have the badge. I missed a opportunity there because people kept stopping us asking where they could buy the badge but of course no one was selling them .

It was such bad weather in 1985 I was worried that none of my friends would show up in 1986

if you look dead close the badge is on the right side of my jacket as you look at this shot - that was taken on the night the Cure played - fantastic show. 

012_o.thumb.jpg.a18123e7eb912d9876e04cd07ded7787.jpg

I can see the badge. I also notice that you are drinking what, if memory serves me right, is Kestrel. I may have to look that up to see if it's still made.

2 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I can see the badge. I also notice that you are drinking what, if memory serves me right, is Kestrel. I may have to look that up to see if it's still made.

Yes Kev it was Kestrel Lager ' but the stuff they sold in the 80's ' - as far as I know its not sold now because they switched to Kestrel Super Premium Lager Beer { 9% ABV }

The old Kestrel Lager would be the same as a can of Carling Black Label { 3.7% ABV }

I am not a heavy drinker and there is no way in this life that I would ever touch a Strong Lager.

Even although that was the very first Year the WBC worked at Glastonbury ' I had not a clue who they were at that stage ' so we bought cases and cases of Kestrel Lager in London as it was on Special offer and was the best price weak lager we could get.

would you believe Michelle standing beside me is a leading Research Biochemist so a very smart female although sadly we broke up { and No it was not because I bought Kestrel }

Keep on Rocking 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, glasto-worker said:

Yes Kev it was Kestrel Lager ' but the stuff they sold in the 80's ' - as far as I know its not sold now because they switched to Kestrel Super Premium Lager Beer { 9% ABV }

The old Kestrel Lager would be the same as a can of Carling Black Label { 3.7% ABV }

I am not a heavy drinker and there is no way in this life that I would ever touch a Strong Lager.

Even although that was the very first Year the WBC worked at Glastonbury ' I had not a clue who they were at that stage ' so we bought cases and cases of Kestrel Lager in London as it was on Special offer and was the best price weak lager we could get.

would you believe Michelle standing beside me is a leading Research Biochemist so a very smart female although sadly we broke up { and No it was not because I bought Kestrel }

Keep on Rocking 

I'm not really a lager person myself. Strangely enough, up until today, I couldn't tell you the last time that I drank lager, as it was so solong ago. That was until today. I've just come back from having the indicators fixed on my capervan.The place recommended to me is about a 25 minute drive away, and in the middle of, what seemed to me, nowhere. Anyway, I asked the mechanic how long he'd be and was kind of told that that was a how long is a piece of string question. So, me and the misses walked to the nearest pub (there wasn't much else around). The pub is part of The Little Pub Company and they had their own lager on sale. Now I know that it wasn't strong and that I'd be within the limit having a pint of it, so I went for it. It wasn't fantastic, but drinking it in the sunshine waiting for the campervan to be repaired was really quite a pleasant thing to do.

Hope that you have this sunshine we've got for your meet up with your mates. :)

• Upvote 1

Lovely reminiscing there glasto-worker, conjures up images of more innocent times.

Loving the image of you sitting in the sunshine today yogs, 2 pints of lager and a packet of crisps :lol:

always thought this was an ace name for a band.

Glad you got your van fixed.

56 minutes ago, oneeye said:

Lovely reminiscing there glasto-worker, conjures up images of more innocent times.

Loving the image of you sitting in the sunshine today yogs, 2 pints of lager and a packet of crisps :lol:

always thought this was an ace name for a band.

Glad you got your van fixed.

Cheers oneeye. :)

It's great to have the campervan fixed. It's now got to get through an MOT on Monday. And then we're off in it to a festival called Big Love for the Bank Holiday. I know virtually nothing about the festival, but it'll be nice to get away for a few days. And then I have a surprise for my wife, as we'll not be coming back home straight away, as we'll be heading in to deepest Wales for a day or two more. It's our wedding anniversary then, and I want to take her to the source of the River Severn - which, believe it or not, she really wants to see.

18 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I'm not really a lager person myself. Strangely enough, up until today, I couldn't tell you the last time that I drank lager, as it was so solong ago. That was until today. I've just come back from having the indicators fixed on my capervan.The place recommended to me is about a 25 minute drive away, and in the middle of, what seemed to me, nowhere. Anyway, I asked the mechanic how long he'd be and was kind of told that that was a how long is a piece of string question. So, me and the misses walked to the nearest pub (there wasn't much else around). The pub is part of The Little Pub Company and they had their own lager on sale. Now I know that it wasn't strong and that I'd be within the limit having a pint of it, so I went for it. It wasn't fantastic, but drinking it in the sunshine waiting for the campervan to be repaired was really quite a pleasant thing to do.

Hope that you have this sunshine we've got for your meet up with your mates. :)

Yes and No - Bright Sunshine as I was walking { well trying to walk } to the Pub - we sit Outside but I Could see it was about to rain so picked a table well covered by a awning but my Icelandic friends  were half way to the Pub when it dramatically changed and it really pitched it down - so they were drenched by the time they reached me - to cheer them up I mentioned that what they had experienced is called a ' Sunshower ' in the UK - they did see the funny side and they learnt a new word in English - Oli started with Cider and then a Guinness and then switched to Lager - they were pushed for time so he had no time to try out the real ale but I am sure he will try it on Sunday - they love their Sunday Roast !! - glad you got your campervan sorted so its now time for you to get back to work in your Back Garden.

16 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Cheers oneeye. :)

It's great to have the campervan fixed. It's now got to get through an MOT on Monday. And then we're off in it to a festival called Big Love for the Bank Holiday. I know virtually nothing about the festival, but it'll be nice to get away for a few days. And then I have a surprise for my wife, as we'll not be coming back home straight away, as we'll be heading in to deepest Wales for a day or two more. It's our wedding anniversary then, and I want to take her to the source of the River Severn - which, believe it or not, she really wants to see.

Sounds like a great plan there Yogs. You just prompted me into booking a few days in Cornwall early May as it’s our 31st Wedding Anniversary on the 9th. 

Theres’s a place we visit occasionally near the Rame peninsula; basically chill and drink gin, oh and the dog loves the huge expanse of beach. 

35 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Shitting myself already now  due to not knowing if I'll be able to get to a PC as  I am away. I am not hopeful this year.

I need to stay away from this thread

I think I've said it before Fuzzy, but if I'm around on T day, then I'm up for helping you get a ticket or tickets. I managed to get someone off here a ticket last year in the main sale. 

4 hours ago, glasto-worker said:

Yes and No - Bright Sunshine as I was walking { well trying to walk } to the Pub - we sit Outside but I Could see it was about to rain so picked a table well covered by a awning but my Icelandic friends  were half way to the Pub when it dramatically changed and it really pitched it down - so they were drenched by the time they reached me - to cheer them up I mentioned that what they had experienced is called a ' Sunshower ' in the UK - they did see the funny side and they learnt a new word in English - Oli started with Cider and then a Guinness and then switched to Lager - they were pushed for time so he had no time to try out the real ale but I am sure he will try it on Sunday - they love their Sunday Roast !! - glad you got your campervan sorted so its now time for you to get back to work in your Back Garden.

Happy to hear that all went well at the pub - even though your friends got heavily rained on. Starting with a cider, the a Guinness and then larger - Oli has style - and probably a sore head right now. Hope that Sunday brings you all better weather. I can't remember the last time that I had a proper Sunday roast. I must make amends on that one.

12 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Happy to hear that all went well at the pub - even though your friends got heavily rained on. Starting with a cider, the a Guinness and then larger - Oli has style - and probably a sore head right now. Hope that Sunday brings you all better weather. I can't remember the last time that I had a proper Sunday roast. I must make amends on that one.

well they were watching Bryan Ferry {Oxford New Theatre} - last night 
and tonight its  The Rollin' Stoned {Half Moon Putney} so they do get about I just cant keep up with them.

To me that Sunday roast at the Pub is expensive - its about £14 but they think its cheap because of the currency exchange and if you bought the same meal in Iceland when you convert it into UK Pounds its like £25.

so for food its close to £60 for the four of us and I could make the same meal for a fraction of that but it all takes time.

But this Sunday is special as we are doing our Planning for Glastonbury 2019 !!!

I doubt we will get 4 adults and all the camping gear into a small Citroen

At most it would be 3 in the car and 1 on the WBC coach - not perfect but it does mean the person on the coach will not have to carry anything.

I may suggest a roof rack and they could strap me down on it 

it will all get sorted out one way or the other.

what I cant work out is there was 4 Adults in my Mini and the boot was packed with beer and with a small roof rack we all made it down ' and back to London in the end ' { early 80's }

I am on the left 
38917_o.thumb.jpg.f344562910ee082463014ff835217487.jpg

Edited by glasto-worker
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, glasto-worker said:

well they were watching Bryan Ferry {Oxford New Theatre} - last night 
and tonight its  The Rollin' Stoned {Half Moon Putney} so they do get about I just cant keep up with them.

To me that Sunday roast at the Pub is expensive - its about £14 but they think its cheap because of the currency exchange and if you bought the same meal in Iceland when you convert it into UK Pounds its like £25.

so for food its close to £60 for the four of us and I could make the same meal for a fraction of that but it all takes time.

But this Sunday is special as we are doing our Planning for Glastonbury 2019 !!!

I doubt we will get 4 adults and all the camping gear into a small Citroen

At most it would be 3 in the car and 1 on the WBC coach - not perfect but it does mean the person on the coach will not have to carry anything.

I may suggest a roof rack and they could strap me down on it 

it will all get sorted out one way or the other.

what I cant work out is there was 4 Adults in my Mini and the boot was packed with beer and with a small roof rack we all made it down ' and back to London in the end ' { early 80's }

I am on the left 
38917_o.thumb.jpg.f344562910ee082463014ff835217487.jpg

Yes, I've heard that Iceland is a dear place to visit. I nearly went once. I had the holiday booked etc, and then something happened and I couldn't go. As I had insurance and had paid for the holiday in advance I put in a claim for not being able to go. The insurance company said that they would only pay half because the other ticket was in my then girlfriends name, even though they agreed that I had paid for it. Bastards!

I guess £14 is probably the going rate for a Sunday lunch. This would also explain why I don't eat out very much. Strangely enough, apart from on holiday, I have never had a meal out with my wife, and I've been with her for six years. She keeps reminding me of this - in fact yesterday afternoon was the last time that she reminded me. However, she doesn't know that I have a cunning plan to rectify this situation on our wedding anniversary on the 8th May.

That photo's great. You can almost feel the excitement of an imminent road trip.