guypjfreak

• Replies 897
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's always the first Sunday in October right?

That's been reliable for years right?

It'd better be because I've had to book the weekend off for it. Complicated shifts I have.

This thread seems to have fallen off.

Shame.

Where were we?

Image result for with number 185

I think?

Maybe I've fallen off?

Edited by MrZigster

1 minute ago, parsonjack said:

I've got a photo somewhere of me and Mrs P sitting at that table on the right!  It's in Ho Chi Minh in the Pham Ngu Lao travellers area.

I think I've been in there. Would have to look through a million photos to confirm though. I liked Ho Chi Minh, but fell in love with Hanoi. My holiday to Vietnam was so magical that I'd love to go back. My only problem is talking Mrs Yog in to going.

Just now, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I think I've been in there. Would have to look through a million photos to confirm though. I liked Ho Chi Minh, but fell in love with Hanoi. My holiday to Vietnam was so magical that I'd love to go back. My only problem is talking Mrs Yog in to going.

yup....first trip to HCM a long time ago was great but a visit more recently it seemed to have lost a lot of cultural charm....which Hanoi has in buckets.  Great museums but that's about it now we felt.

i also have a picture from the same trip of Mrs P stood outside the original US Embassy (demolished a few years back now...) where the helicopters ferried people from the roof in 1975 to ships offshore.....not a soul around....quite ghostly.

44 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

yup....first trip to HCM a long time ago was great but a visit more recently it seemed to have lost a lot of cultural charm....which Hanoi has in buckets.  Great museums but that's about it now we felt.

i also have a picture from the same trip of Mrs P stood outside the original US Embassy (demolished a few years back now...) where the helicopters ferried people from the roof in 1975 to ships offshore.....not a soul around....quite ghostly.

I'm not one for going in to sw*nky bars, but was advised to go in to a roof top bar when I visited Thailand. The bar itself was in Bangkok (photo below).  Anyway, once I visited this I have always tried to include a drink in a roof top bar wherever new I visit. I would thoroughly recommend it. For the price of an expensive'ish drink you get a birds eye view of the city. 

Bangkok

image.png.67a96e6d210850f72f235afc49154454.png

Hanoi

the rooftop bar hanoi

Ho Chi Minh

image.png.84fc06d6e027633f44d1dcf6c595da59.png

20 hours ago, parsonjack said:

I've got a photo somewhere of me and Mrs P sitting at that table on the right!  It's in Ho Chi Minh in the Pham Ngu Lao travellers area.

Mental old son.. Never been but on my bucket list