guypjfreak

• Replies 897
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Oh Lordy vintage! I'm losing control already. How many tickets did you need going for?

I've got my usual group of three but I told someone on here I'd try for them too. 

I've got my group plus a few friends (who aren't going)) tryinge though. Hoping for safety in numbers. 

I've got a little tactic to try that worked on resale day last year and for the Prodigy sale at the end of summer.

10 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Hello Earthwind,

I have already offered my services to someone off this site (I can't recall if it's FloorFiller or FuzzyDunlop), but they were non committal as to whether they wanted me to try for them. This has somewhat left me in the lurch in terms of being able to assist anyone else, until I know for sure whether they want me to try or not. It also would possibly depend on how many tickets that they wanted me to try for etc.

All that said, I'll send them both a PM and try to ascertain what the situation is. If they say they are alright for help and don't need mine, then I will gladly put your friends in to pole position. I haven't the time right now, but will PM them later today, and get back to you when I have more info. :)

Thank you very much, I'm so grateful.  We only need 2 tickets thank you.

Edited by Earthwindandfire2205

8 hours ago, Earthwindandfire2205 said:

Thank you

Hello Earthwind...,

I seem to have boxed myself in to a corner here. That it's down to stupidity, I am certain. The thing is, yes I have offered my services to FuzzyDunlop or FloorFiller. However, (and vintage, I really, really don't know how this has come about. My sincere apologies) I've completely forgot the gallant and honourable services of vintageleaureate who got me my ticket for last years Glasto, but in the end didn't actually go to (I gave my ticket to one of my friends and told him to give it to some desperado trying to get in at the entrance gate he was using).

So, now I have a decision to make - who the fuck will I attempt to get tickets for on T Day if I am in the position to on that day? I hope that you know that I'm not dissing anybody when I make this decision, but I have got to try for vintage. He was there on the day that I needed a ticket. In fact I needed two tickets but at the last minute had to drop it down to one ticket, for reasons which would take too long to explain. Anyway, vintage rings me up and says something along the lines of ' Right we're in. What details do you want me to put in'? He was met with a garbled clumsy response that would have made no sense to anyone who didn't know the story behind the response. And guess what he did? He held his nerve and guided me right through, and nailed that ticket. 

I hope that you appreciate that;

(1) I'm a retard.

(2) That I now have to withdraw my offer of helping you out.

As we Brummies say - soz.

I am now off to join Opus Dei, for my sins.

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

I really don't know how you do it.... unless you spend every waking hour browsing Google images for any Glastonbury picture with a number in it and noting the URL for future use that is... ?

Haha, not that committed, though at this rate we’ll all end up committed ?

I actually did my posts for today whilst sat on the loo at work; the longest poo ever ??

34 minutes ago, oneeye said:

Haha, not that committed, though at this rate we’ll all end up committed ?

I actually did my posts for today whilst sat on the loo at work; the longest poo ever ??

Haha I take it you mean longest timewise......there's a very old thread on here somewhere that covers length of said deposit.....pictures and all....horrific in some cases :bad:

2 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Hello Earthwind...,

I seem to have boxed myself in to a corner here. That it's down to stupidity, I am certain. The thing is, yes I have offered my services to FuzzyDunlop or FloorFiller. However, (and vintage, I really, really don't know how this has come about. My sincere apologies) I've completely forgot the gallant and honourable services of vintageleaureate who got me my ticket for last years Glasto, but in the end didn't actually go to (I gave my ticket to one of my friends and told him to give it to some desperado trying to get in at the entrance gate he was using).

So, now I have a decision to make - who the fuck will I attempt to get tickets for on T Day if I am in the position to on that day? I hope that you know that I'm not dissing anybody when I make this decision, but I have got to try for vintage. He was there on the day that I needed a ticket. In fact I needed two tickets but at the last minute had to drop it down to one ticket, for reasons which would take too long to explain. Anyway, vintage rings me up and says something along the lines of ' Right we're in. What details do you want me to put in'? He was met with a garbled clumsy response that would have made no sense to anyone who didn't know the story behind the response. And guess what he did? He held his nerve and guided me right through, and nailed that ticket. 

I hope that you appreciate that;

(1) I'm a retard.

(2) That I now have to withdraw my offer of helping you out.

As we Brummies say - soz.

I am now off to join Opus Dei, for my sins.

No problem at all. Im sure some kind soul on here will help two friends of a festival medical services volunteer x

20 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Ouch! You know how to stick the boot in!  lol

I'm sure there will be loads offering their services for you.  And thank you, on behalf of all, I'm sure, for volunteering your medical expertise at Glastonbury. :)

Sorry mate no intention to upset lol.

Thank you very much. Best weeks work of the year for me with so many friendly nice people.

• Upvote 1

@Earthwindandfire2205 - I should (will need to check) be able to add you onto my attempt. I usually have the full six, but three aren't going this year... I have offered help to a couple of others though. So remind me! I've got extras trying for me too hopefully. 

Right, so 129? Nearly there now... :D

Active-Stress-Recovery-129-2.png

Why I chose to relate all my pictures in this thread to stress, I don't know!

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, vintagelaureate said:

@Earthwindandfire2205 - I should (will need to check) be able to add you onto my attempt. I usually have the full six, but three aren't going this year... I have offered help to a couple of others though. So remind me! I've got extras trying for me too hopefully. 

Right, so 129? Nearly there now... :D

Active-Stress-Recovery-129-2.png

Why I chose to relate all my pictures in this thread to stress, I don't know!

Thank you so much