Lakefest 2018

Cadski

Hi mate,

We went the year before last, and had a really good time. The sun shone brightly, the camping area was lovely and spacious - a great family (2 kids, aged 3 and 1) weekend away. 

The music isn't exactly our thing, and the other stages bar the main one are a bit thin - but it was all good fun.

I've kept my eye on it this time, but I think we'll prob give it a miss as the lineup doesn't appeal to us much... Think we can only do one this year and I need to have atleast a couple of real winners to get us there. (we went specifically for the Afro Celts that year, who were almost worth the tivket price alone!) - but , you know, it's all a matter of opinion and it's a lineup that will suite some peoeple really well.

1 minute ago, Cadski said:

Ye its suits us. Been to the last 3 and cant fault it.

yeah, nice festival - will always be on the radar... I really thought when they moved to Eastnor, and had a noticeably bigger year in terms of lineup (Primal Scream etc) I thought it was going to grow into the location and put on relatively massvie headliners - but it hasn't quite worked out like that.

(Not necessarly a bad thing - the size of it is dead nice)

3 minutes ago, man next door said:

well that, and the chance to check out Eastnor castle again after a few great weekends there at the Big Chill, many moons ago :)

Only made the last big chill and still the best festival I have been to.

That was the reason we found Lakefest there.

2 minutes ago, Cadski said:

Only made the last big chill and still the best festival I have been to.

That was the reason we found Lakefest there.

Yeah, totally mate...

Beautiful location. Dare I say, my memories of it are that is was pretty much always sunny too...

well, have a good one

Its our first time this year and we're really looking forward to it. We have a campervan and still shocked we've got an electrical hook up at a festival! 

The line up looks good to me with the Miss Moneypenny's night being the most intriguing! 

1 minute ago, robskyd said:

Its our first time this year and we're really looking forward to it. We have a campervan and still shocked we've got an electrical hook up at a festival! 

The line up looks good to me with the Miss Moneypenny's night being the most intriguing! 

Line up always impresses me for the cost.

Hook ups good. Seen a few struggle with short leads both years so take a long lead or 2 but yes ice cold beer and cider all weekend.

The showers are second to none aswell a short queue at the obvious times but good.( I bet they are busiest when Sporty Spice is on.)

First time we went we walked round as you do on first day and were round in no time and wondered what we would do but you get where you just chill and watch whats on instead of always looking for whats on like at the bigger ones. We have been to Kendal last 6 years and Lakefest last 3. We ditched Kendal after last year. Prefer watching them grow than when grown I think.

Hi Cadski,

We've done the same thing in regards to Kendal Calling. We've been for the last five years and giving it a miss this year to try new (to us) smaller festivals. Also the fact we've got Blue Dot tickets with KC the weekend after and I don't think I could do two on the bounce !!

I'll make sure I bring my 30m power cable!! (I typed that in the voice of Alan Partridge) 

Do you think Sporty Spice will do Spice Girl Songs? (Asking for a friend :umbrage: )

1 minute ago, robskyd said:

Hi Cadski,

We've done the same thing in regards to Kendal Calling. We've been for the last five years and giving it a miss this year to try new (to us) smaller festivals. Also the fact we've got Blue Dot tickets with KC the weekend after and I don't think I could do two on the bounce !!

I'll make sure I bring my 30m power cable!! (I typed that in the voice of Alan Partridge) 

Do you think Sporty Spice will do Spice Girl Songs? (Asking for a friend :umbrage: )

Hi.  lm sorry,  i cant tell you what you want what you really really want.

• 3 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Another festival that has stitched punters up by announcing it is going cashless for 2019 only a couple of months before the event. This late announcing is clearly a deliberate policy as they know it will upset punters. 

They have tried to justify the move by saying they had a large sum of cash stolen last year but I’ve been to this place and with a high proportion of families and absolutely zero WiFi available it’s sure to end in disaster.

its beginning to look like my Festival day’s are numbered ?

3 hours ago, John L said:

Another festival that has stitched punters up by announcing it is going cashless for 2019 only a couple of months before the event. This late announcing is clearly a deliberate policy as they know it will upset punters. 

They have tried to justify the move by saying they had a large sum of cash stolen last year but I’ve been to this place and with a high proportion of families and absolutely zero WiFi available it’s sure to end in disaster.

Why do you need wifi? There will be top up stations and if you add too much just apply to get it back afterwards.

I will bring  extra cash to do that if what I load before is not enough.

I see no problem personally though would rather they just had use of contactless bank cards instead.

3 hours ago, John L said:

Yes, and still no mention anywhere on the website of this policy so they are still selling tickets to people who will be unaware of this. I wouldn't have bought if I had known. It just means they won't be getting any business from me in the arena. Have you been before? What is the policy on bringing your own booze in? (I can guess). How keen are security?

1 hour ago, gizmoman said:

Yes, and still no mention anywhere on the website of this policy so they are still selling tickets to people who will be unaware of this. I wouldn't have bought if I had known. It just means they won't be getting any business from me in the arena. Have you been before? What is the policy on bringing your own booze in? (I can guess). How keen are security?

I went a couple of years ago. It is very family friendly and as long as you are sensible you should be able to get stuff in. Depending on what the T&Cs said at the time you booked you may be able to insist on a refund if you really want one as it’s a pretty major change to what you would have likely agreed to. 

• 2 months later...
On ‎6‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 8:22 AM, Nobody Interesting said:

Why do you need wifi? There will be top up stations and if you add too much just apply to get it back afterwards.

I will bring  extra cash to do that if what I load before is not enough.

I see no problem personally though would rather they just had use of contactless bank cards instead.

I am looking at this festival for next year but have no intererest in this cashless nonsense.  As you say, if they have a problem with cash handling just use contactless cards.  Or is it because there is bugger all internet coverage there that the card terminals rely on?

2 hours ago, LowerMead said:

I am looking at this festival for next year but have no intererest in this cashless nonsense.  As you say, if they have a problem with cash handling just use contactless cards.  Or is it because there is bugger all internet coverage there that the card terminals rely on?

Internet is a problem on site. It seems that the system worked well this year..................... I hate cashless but was OK with it.