Satellite pic.

Stretlow

3 hours ago, incident said:

Yeah, looks like 2017 - The John Peel Stage is in it's current location which ensures it can only be 2016 or 2017, and I've got a copy of the 2016 picture to compare with and there''s a few minor layout differences.

a few minor layout differences and a whole load of mud.

On 26/03/2018 at 11:18 AM, Tartan_Glasto said:

There's certainly hi-res versions out there but I think the festival asked that they not be shared due to security issues etc.

There should be no secrecy or censorship and certainly no state instruments of secrecy and most definitely no Festival level withholds.

Avoid Paranoia!

What sort of world are we aiming for eventually?

1280px-Las_Meninas,_by_Diego_Vel%C3%A1zq

Edited by bamber

If it was 2017, it must have been late morning /lunchtime. We were one of the first in the  tiny field we camped in, and got  there around 2pm... It shows empty on this pic.  

• 1 year later...
4 minutes ago, Smash1984 said:

I know it's from the dailyfail, however I stumbled across this story. Second image down is Glasto from 2017:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6901877/Stunning-satellite-pictures-offer-glimpse-BBCs-new-Earth-Space-series.html

I was staring at that photo for a solid minute wondering why I was struggling to get my bearings when I realised that it needs rotating by 90 degrees to match up with the official glasto map.  Daily Fail strikes again!

Lovely photo though!

34 minutes ago, Smash1984 said:

I know it's from the dailyfail, however I stumbled across this story. Second image down is Glasto from 2017:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6901877/Stunning-satellite-pictures-offer-glimpse-BBCs-new-Earth-Space-series.html

Hotlinked, so nobody has to give that page any more hits:

12039294-0-image-a-83_1554794610494.jpg

• Like 2
  • Upvote 8

Here's one for you - I'm trying to plan our route from PGA to our the spot we had last time near the lockup just past the woods. 

Is the below route viable? It's red on the map, which means pedestrian routes, but I seem to remember doubting you could get around the top of the JP tent there. Anyone..?

Screenshot 2019-04-09 at 14.49.39.png

Edited by Hawros

11 minutes ago, Hawros said:

Here's one for you - I'm trying to plan our route from PGA to our the spot we had last time near the lockup just past the woods. 

Is the below route viable? It's red on the map, which means pedestrian routes, but I seem to remember doubting you could get around the top of the JP tent there. Anyone..?

Think it would have to be more like this. I was over there at some point in 2017 and remember going out of the John Peel field via a cut-through there, where there was a little water point. Think the other way would go through production

6MbEtmp.jpg

• Upvote 1

On 3/24/2018 at 2:14 PM, incident said:

Yeah, looks like 2017 - The John Peel Stage is in it's current location which ensures it can only be 2016 or 2017, and I've got a copy of the 2016 picture to compare with and there''s a few minor layout differences.

It is 2017, you can see the Lovebullets tent near to The Glade and Cineramageddon is there too.

This has been posted before but if you have Google Earth Pro installed:

Enter location as - Pilton, Shepton Mallet, UK

Bottom left hand corner of map there's an icon marked 2001, click on it and a slider appears in top left hand corner.

Select the last image to the right hand side and an image from 06/21/2017 should appear - zoomable and detailed.

Screenshot (51).png

• Upvote 2