line-up

5co77ie

3 minutes ago, Quark said:

Agreed, just sod's law that all the bands I did want to see are going to clash! :lol:

Friday's definitely my lighter day, Vintage Trouble and Suzanne Vega are the only definites in there

I agree Fri is the lightest, but may I recommend My Baby on the main stage?

• Like 1

Everyone have a good one? All praise to the weather gods, no real rain to speak of..

Sorry I never made a meet up, I didn’t take a phone with me, I was half way there before I noticed. 

Noticeably less 18-21 groups this year, just the Middle Agers & their kids, it was much more like 4 or 5 years ago

music, food, bars, toilets all tip top as usual 

I was at the bottom of the tiny tea tent path, by the guys right at the bottom who brought everything including a kitchen sink, dunno if anyone saw their set up. We were on the path, loads of people stopped and said hello all weekend. 

Was anyone at mr B on Friday? Great fun. The Undercover hippy was also a great set 

Loved it, great introduction to BDs. After Glastonbury I really wasn't ready for how laid back it was, and how much space there was!

Camped right between theatre tent and the pizza cafe, decent spot. So much easier to nip back to the tent for supplies!

Lot of time at the Tiny Tea Tent as always, think it was my brother's favourite part of the fest!

My Baby were absolutely banging, great recommendation. Also thanks to @mr gumby for recommending the full set of the Val Doonichan boys, great way to start the Sunday. Did anyone see Holy Moly? Never heard of them before, but really enjoyed them. Lots of dancing all weekend :D

Had a cracking time.
Weather was near perfect - not too hot, not too cold. A bit too breezy on Sunday morning as it broke one of our tent poles, but the tent survived after a bit of tender loving care and the addition of some guy ropes.

Food was lovely, especially the Fish Laska from near the Big Top and the Tiger Prawn Curry from the Oriental stall at the Main Stage.

So much good music. Some we enjoyed:

My Baby
Vintage Trouble
The Hives
Skinny Lister
Dreadzone
Manics
Rising Appallachia
Bar Steward Sons of Val Doonican

My first BDs since 2009 and it was just like revisiting an old friend. The increased camping grounds meant the increased capacity (since 09 at least) was absorbed comfortably.  My Glastonbury crew wanted a replacement and I pretty much insisted that the we go to Beautiful days. All are now converts and we shall be back.

Aside from the increased capacity and the additions next to the Redwoods camp the place hadn't changed a bit. I was so pleased to be back there. Musical highlights were aplenty Dreadzone, Feeder, Manics, the Levs of course and I absolutely loved Henge who were completely hatstand. An excellent variety of music and I picked up a few new faves with Slow Readers Club a particular revelation.

All in all a festival that pretty much gets everything right. An absolute crackerjack weekend.

Henge were bloody weird!

One of my highlights was Mik Artistik, mainly because I would guess 90% of the crowd had never seen him before and had absolutely NO idea what to make of him :lol:.  Watching him call out a 3 year old for wearing a bollocks to brexit sticker and just being an unthinking tool of the left, followed by chasing two guys across the field after they left during the intro to Sweet Leaf, had me in absolute bits.