Tepees

bunfight

One or two mobility related issues in our group has seen us move into campervans the past few years, east initially but more lately West. Next year we want to try the tepee option, given that it is so close to the park and green areas where we spend an awful lot of our time. On a scale of 1 (brick) to 10 (piece of piss) how do-able is getting one? I've never had any problem with cv's but I get the feeling that tepees might be a whole new ballgame. Anyone with any experience?

One time we've stayed on tepees I got the teepee ticket thing off eBay at the last minute. Not sure if thats still possible (was 2011). I think at the time the tepee was £900 and I paid £600. Had festival tickets anyway naturally.

Personally - wouldn't bother again as it seemed an awful lot of money for very little. If you do go for it - try not to get one on slope. Rolling downhill in a sleeping bag soon loses its novelty value

3 hours ago, UEF said:

Never saw the attraction in paying an extra grand to have 5 people farting in your face for a week

There are people out there who would pay much much more for a bit of that kind of action.

PS - I'm not one of them. 

PPS -  I just don't have those kind of readies to spend on that kind of thing!

23 minutes ago, whisty said:

BIG birthday 2019, was going to treat myself, wondering now! I like being in the middle of things but just can't stand the Q to get a decent place to pitch a tent. 

You could hire a campervan for a week (at least) for those kind of prices. You'll get to go in on the Tuesday, get pitched up,  have a nice sleep Tuesday night, and then saunter on in to the festival at your own leisure on the Wednesday. The only downside is that there's no guarantee of getting a campervan pass.

Failing that, after you have queued up, have one person with the tent (if possible) run on ahead to pitch the tent (or claim an area, at least by pegging the base down). Any others then follow on with the remaining stuff.

Just thinking out load whisty. :)

20 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

You could hire a campervan for a week (at least) for those kind of prices. You'll get to go in on the Tuesday, get pitched up,  have a nice sleep Tuesday night, and then saunter on in to the festival at your own leisure on the Wednesday. The only downside is that there's no guarantee of getting a campervan pass.

Failing that, after you have queued up, have one person with the tent (if possible) run on ahead to pitch the tent (or claim an area, at least by pegging the base down). Any others then follow on with the remaining stuff.

Just thinking out load whisty. :)

Cheers Youghurt, I have a plan B which I'm not going to talk about here, have used it the last couple years but it still = hardly any kip tuesday night which is a bit of a killer and loads stress trying to get space for 12 or more folks.  Maybe next time assuming tickets of course I'll leave it to the youngsters :)