Bingley Music Live 2018

Dukey

On 3/15/2018 at 10:38 AM, Mr_Grump said:

Can't see it being Travis...too soon after their 2016 appearance in my opinion.

Travis don't have a West Yorks date, mind you. Could be feasible.

Curveball shout; Elbow would be a sizeable booking, given their live pull and perennial major festival sub status. No gigs scheduled at all though so probably a no go.

Paul Weller? Down at The Downs in Bristol on the Saturday; is it inconceivable for him to be in with a shout on the Sunday?

Let's just quickly run down the last five years:

2013: The Human League, Primal Scream, Chic
2014: Shed Seven, Pet Shop Boys, Example
2015: Labrinth, James, Super Furry Animals/Idlewild
2016: Echo and the Bunnymen, Tinie Tempah, Travis
2017: Manic Street Preachers, Kaiser Chiefs, Wombats

BML shared PSB in '14 and James in '15 with Festival No. 6 down in Wales as headline options. Scanning their recent headline choices - and given that he will also be headlining The Downs that weekend - a revision up from Paul Weller to Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds could be a shout. Hell, even the pair of them would work.

The Libertines and Courteeners also around with other medium-sized headline slots. Both could be in. Also, with it having been four years and coming off their biggest tour for some time, Shed Seven are arguably a bigger draw than in '14.

Basically, a lot of options. Would love to see them go for a female or female-fronted headliner though; Wolf Alice to step-up perhaps?

16 minutes ago, DownboundTrain52 said:

Travis don't have a West Yorks date, mind you. Could be feasible.

Curveball shout; Elbow would be a sizeable booking, given their live pull and perennial major festival sub status. No gigs scheduled at all though so probably a no go.

Paul Weller? Down at The Downs in Bristol on the Saturday; is it inconceivable for him to be in with a shout on the Sunday?

Let's just quickly run down the last five years:

2013: The Human League, Primal Scream, Chic
2014: Shed Seven, Pet Shop Boys, Example
2015: Labrinth, James, Super Furry Animals/Idlewild
2016: Echo and the Bunnymen, Tinie Tempah, Travis
2017: Manic Street Preachers, Kaiser Chiefs, Wombats

BML shared PSB in '14 and James in '15 with Festival No. 6 down in Wales as headline options. Scanning their recent headline choices - and given that he will also be headlining The Downs that weekend - a revision up from Paul Weller to Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds could be a shout. Hell, even the pair of them would work.

The Libertines and Courteeners also around with other medium-sized headline slots. Both could be in. Also, with it having been four years and coming off their biggest tour for some time, Shed Seven are arguably a bigger draw than in '14.

Basically, a lot of options. Would love to see them go for a female or female-fronted headliner though; Wolf Alice to step-up perhaps?

I was thinking maybe Paul Weller, the libertines and shed seven 

3 hours ago, Jane gibbons said:

I was thinking maybe Paul Weller, the libertines and shed seven 

Reasonable shout. NG could be erring on too large, given that he's headlining Tramlines just down the M1.

Shed Seven are also tapped for Sounds of the City, as are former headliners Chic. In that case, it's hard to rule out the possibility of their other headliners; Rag'N'Bone Man, Paul Heaton + Jacqui Abbott, Levellers and Hacienda Classical.

Elvis Costello is technically a co-headliner with Heaton too and given the geographical spacing of his schedule, he could be in for a shout too.

(Not honestly sure how that show hasn't yet sold out either tbh, given that Heaton and Abbott sold out Leeds's First Direct Arena to full capacity not too long ago.)

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jane gibbons said:

Anyone got any predictions 

Just as a random prediction, not based on anything:

The Kooks

Slaves

Snow Patrol

Thought snow patrol might be a push but it’s gone up £15, and the headliners were a pretty good size for £60 last year so who knows

1 hour ago, MandogMillionaire said:

From where?

Can't see it myself. His own gigs were 55 quid.

I'll go with Catfish, Snow Patrol and The Libertines.

46 minutes ago, Vik Vinegar said:

From where?

Can't see it myself. His own gigs were 55 quid.

I'll go with Catfish, Snow Patrol and The Libertines.

Some promoters in Leeds have mentioned it.

Dont think its out the question, but agreed I cant see it myself either.

Saying that NG is playing Tramlines.

Hoping it's not Catfish or Libertines, both a little underwhelming and they're both playing Kendal (which I'm going to)

I'll throw my hat in... James, Future Islands and Chase + Status

18 minutes ago, DiscothequeDave said:

If it's not a Gallagher, imma gonna go for Florence. Fits the bill, no UK festival so far and is on tour at the time.

I'd be happy with Florence. Phase 2 tickets at £85 plus 10% booking fee, feels like a bigger festival already!