Tips, tricks, advice and must do's!

BuzzyLisa

2 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

My ticketless brother jumped on to the back of an ambulance that was going in to Glastonbury once. All the barriers were lifted for the ambulance, and he got straight in. 

Good luck with the sled, and good luck to the punters that you'll take out of the equation on the way down.

I've got a load speaker that goes neeeeenorrr neeeeenorrr that should do the trick lol 

• 3 months later...

My friend was telling me about the security getting in in campers.. How bad is it.. Also I'm going into disabled camping and is it different from going in through normal way.. 

Thanks for any info 

From what I understand it's hit/miss whether you get the cursory check team or the dogs + screwdrivers team, but they're after bulk really.

General boomtown tips beyond standard festival packing and be nice things would be try every door, interact with the characters and don't try and do everything. Check out each area but there's too many venues to do them all - listen to the buzz as there'll be hidden bits and surprises.

If it's wet it doesn't really get past walking boot muddy, not a welly place.

Tent security can be a bit sketchy so please don't keep a tidy tent and empty your bag at the end of the night. It'll take a bit longer to get organised but if it takes you a while to find stuff it'll take a thief far longer and they won't bother. At worst from a mess they might nick a thing or two but a whole bag can be festival ending.

Pace yourself. You'll see casualties from moments after arriving. Also yer mum's right - eat, drink juice and water not just booze and get some sleep :P 

• 3 weeks later...

Forecast is changing significantly each update, I'm going for the 'hope for the best prepare for the worst' strategy. I've been joking for months that this will be the first weekend of rain for the summer as it's my first fest of the year. Turns out it might be the second!