Jump to content
moams

Buying tickets

Recommended Posts

Hi, can anyone advise how the ticket buying process works? I’ve registered so all set up to buy tickets.

How many can you buy?

How much is the deposit?

Does everyone is your party need to be registered and if they do how do you allocate tickets to them? 

Sorry probably some stupid questions but want to try go for the first time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, moams said:

Hi, can anyone advise how the ticket buying process works? I’ve registered so all set up to buy tickets.

How many can you buy?

How much is the deposit?

Does everyone is your party need to be registered and if they do how do you allocate tickets to them? 

Sorry probably some stupid questions but want to try go for the first time. 

You can buy six tickets (one lead booker, five additional) and they all have to be registered. What happens is you put the lead booker (usually you) registration number and post code in, then the registration and post code of the other five people you're buying for.

Deposit is £50 per ticket. Do check out the information on Glastonbury's website as it will answer a lot of questions you might have between now and T-day.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/03/2018 at 7:44 PM, dentalplan said:

You can buy six tickets (one lead booker, five additional) and they all have to be registered. What happens is you put the lead booker (usually you) registration number and post code in, then the registration and post code of the other five people you're buying for.

Deposit is £50 per ticket. Do check out the information on Glastonbury's website as it will answer a lot of questions you might have between now and T-day.

Cheers I’ve just had a look now. How hard is it actually to get tickets? Is it pretty straight forward  or just luck?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, moams said:

Cheers I’ve just had a look now. How hard is it actually to get tickets? Is it pretty straight forward  or just luck?

Pure luck really. Hundreds of thousands miss out on tickets in every sale. All you can do is be prepared on the day and have as many people as you can get trying for you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You know that frustration you get when Ticketmaster tries telling you a gig is sold out bang on the minute the gig tickets go on sale? It's that, but so much worse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, JacquelineS said:

But man if you do get tickets it's mental!

 

It is once it sinks in. First time I got them I sat and looked at the confirmation screen and refused to believe it.

Then a while later the email dropped. :danced:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/12/2018 at 8:11 PM, dentalplan said:

Pure luck really. Hundreds of thousands miss out on tickets in every sale. All you can do is be prepared on the day and have as many people as you can get trying for you.

Expect it's going to be mental on ticket day in October, especially following this fallow year. The nervous build up to seetickets sales going live on that Sunday morning at 9am. The apprehension and tension as seconds tick by without securing a connection to Seetickets Glasto site. Fingers nails disappearing quickly as the clock reaches 9:20 as hope starts to fade and  despair begins to take a grip. Will luck be on our side. The clock ticks rapidly on towards 9:30; the mental cut off point around which you know  the sold out sign will drop 😣 Will it be last minute elation or the pit of resales!

Oh for that halcyon time in October 2007 when it took 52hrs for the festival to sell out. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/10/2018 at 11:46 AM, Lycra said:

Oh for that halcyon time in October 2007 when it took 52hrs for the festival to sell out. 

Or even further back when I would phone the NME ticketline on Monday as I didn’t want to pay for an international phone call from my own phone on Sunday!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×