Parking up after festival

guypjfreak

On ‎11‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 4:00 AM, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I'm now wondering how forceful are the organizers in getting you off site on the Monday ie. would it be possible to have a civilized lie in until, say about, 4pm?

They start with gentle reminders that you should be packing up about 10:30, which gradually get more and more stern and more frequent until you can't ignore them any more.  So long as you are clearly packing up by 12 you'll be fine. 

That said, I saw some dick of a security guy unpeg someone's tent while they were inside it last year.   The type of tent that relies on it's guy ropes to stay up.  I don't know how he thought that would help exactly!!

Edited by stu_kent

2 hours ago, stu_kent said:

They start with gentle reminders that you should be packing up about 10:30, which gradually get more and more stern and more frequent until you can't ignore them any more.  So long as you are clearly packing up by 12 you'll be fine. 

Oh dear, that sounds like the 2pm - 4pm option isn't a possibility then. That said, I'm sure it'll take past 12 noon for all the cars and other campervans to get off site. Mind you, I may have had my fill of indulgences by Sunday anyway, so may have a quiet night on Sunday. Would just like the option open is all. I've been the driver at Glastonbury about 20 times, so it's curtailed my drinking on the Sunday afternoon / evening. 

1 hour ago, manateemike said:

Camp fire in Whistlers Green.

Maybe one of the tents up there will have acoustic music. Can't remember if they did after midnight last year. 

Nice one manateemike. I like communal campfires at the end of the night, but with no music anyway. Mind you, I tend to only last about half an hour or so at them before concluding that I'm totally bolloxed, and really should go back to camp to sleep. That's historically been the case, but may break with tradition, if I've still got the legs. 

On 12/04/2018 at 2:12 PM, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Oh dear, that sounds like the 2pm - 4pm option isn't a possibility then. That said, I'm sure it'll take past 12 noon for all the cars and other campervans to get off site. Mind you, I may have had my fill of indulgences by Sunday anyway, so may have a quiet night on Sunday. Would just like the option open is all. I've been the driver at Glastonbury about 20 times, so it's curtailed my drinking on the Sunday afternoon / evening. 

I was the driver last year - Boomtown driving is currently open to debate. I'm driving to and from France a few days beforehand but whoever drives to Boomtown gets next Glastonbury off. Swings and roundabouts.

9 hours ago, vintagelaureate said:

I was the driver last year - Boomtown driving is currently open to debate. I'm driving to and from France a few days beforehand but whoever drives to Boomtown gets next Glastonbury off. Swings and roundabouts.

Wow, surely the last thing that you want to do after driving to and from France is to drive a shed load more? 

I did a long one once. I started off in Birmingham, then I had to go to a funeral on the day Glasto started. The funeral was just under 6 hours driving up north (I don't drive fat, on the whole. This reminds me of something my mother in law once said which was ' The toilets at Solihull Shopping Centre aren't bad on the whole'. Apparently she's worse than Finbarr Saunders for the double entendres, but hasn't actually got a clue that she's coming out with them. My wife and her first older brother laugh themselves stupid in front of her when she comes out with them. I thought it very funny too, up until I thought about what must go through her mind when she idly passes comment, and two of her own children start giggling like a pair of school children in her face.  There's her thinking ' I've reared two nutters', and there's them thinking ' she off her rocker'.

Edited - I was rightfully pissed last night. Have just realized that I never said what I had initially set out to say. So, I had to drive from Birmingham to Newcastle, go to a funeral, then head straight back down south after the funeral, pass Birmingham (where I'd set off from) and head down to Pilton. Wouldn't want to do that again in a hurry.

Edited by Yoghurt on a Stick
Far too pissed

21 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Are there chill out places still open after that?

There's also the legendary banging of the drums in the forest on Sunday night.  Quite a surreal experience, I'd recommend checking this out.

On ‎14‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 11:54 AM, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Thanks stu, I will check it out. Do you know roughly what time the banging of the drums start? Presumably it's just after midnight?

Yes, that's right.... midnight Sunday in the hidden forest.

• Upvote 1

On ‎15‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 8:45 PM, guypjfreak said:

I hate it when a load of hippies get together and start hitting things.. I wouldn't mind if they made a bloody tune lol.. Glad I know About this lol 

After a while, when your brain has been bashed by the banging, you start to hear your own tunes!

Different people hear different genres depending on what they're into.

Once, a friend, who was maybe not sober, refused to believe that there wasn't actually music playing from somewhere :lol:

3 hours ago, guypjfreak said:

Na soz but I can't stand drums and I can't stand rap/hipty hop but hey some people don't like pearl jam... Mind you their strange lol 

I'm kind of schizophrenic when it comes to drums. At first I like and am drawn to their sound. Then, when I see a whole load of people drumming, I almost get nauseous with the predictability of it all.

7 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I'm kind of schizophrenic when it comes to drums. At first I like and am drawn to their sound. Then, when I see a whole load of people drumming, I almost get nauseous with the predictability of it all.

Yea and it's almost always a load of want to be hippies that can't hit the things in time.. 

Please note other hippies are available and I don't wish to up set any hippies 

4 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Note - Your hippies* can go down, as well as up.

*Licensed by the Financial Services Authority

This Hippy is feeling confused 

The bloke next door has started growing shit up this trellis he put up to......... Stop cats going in his garden.......... I know.... 

Anyway I'm feeling confused cos 4 or 5 years ago I would have set fire to the lot but for some reason I know that I have to get on with people... Now just so you know I HATE HATE HATE people and have had 2 lots of cbt to learn just how to deal with you people.. Anyway getting back to this shit I've spent the last few years weeving this shit to a hight of six foot or so cos anymore and we don't get any sun.. 

Our garden looks like a prison cell as it is cos of the trellis lattice stuff. The thing is if I burn all his shite then even tho we are at the moment getting on in the I think your a c.. T sense things could go down hill fast and I don't need shite like that anymore it's not like I'm 21 is it.. 

So I'm a confused Hippy cos I want to be nice.. 

Now f..k off I need cider lol 

• 2 months later...
On 4/21/2018 at 9:36 PM, guypjfreak said:

This Hippy is feeling confused 

The bloke next door has started growing shit up this trellis he put up to......... Stop cats going in his garden.......... I know.... 

Anyway I'm feeling confused cos 4 or 5 years ago I would have set fire to the lot but for some reason I know that I have to get on with people... Now just so you know I HATE HATE HATE people and have had 2 lots of cbt to learn just how to deal with you people.. Anyway getting back to this shit I've spent the last few years weeving this shit to a hight of six foot or so cos anymore and we don't get any sun.. 

Our garden looks like a prison cell as it is cos of the trellis lattice stuff. The thing is if I burn all his shite then even tho we are at the moment getting on in the I think your a c.. T sense things could go down hill fast and I don't need shite like that anymore it's not like I'm 21 is it.. 

So I'm a confused Hippy cos I want to be nice.. 

Now f..k off I need cider lol 

Oops sorry about that.. Don't remember doing it.. G

• 3 weeks later...

https://g.co/kgs/xTYn66

We have come straight from Bestival and are staying here for a couple of days. It's literally across the road from the site, seems to have plenty of space. The showers are fabulous so it's a good spot for post festival recovery before moving on. Depending on how knackered we are (what shifts we get) we may book back in for a night before heading home.

its cost us just under £25 a night in the caravan club (it'll be £37 if not members). Grass but flat pitches with mains electric.

Yeah posted link to it earlier, didn't like it when we stayed there a couple years back.. too regimented and full of Richard & Judy types who like to be in bed before 11pm, and the reverse in right to the post was taken to extreme!