Parking up after festival

guypjfreak

Every year after Glastonbury I book us into a campsite for a night so I can recover abit. Anyway I want to do the same thing after boom. I've noticed that there is a car park really close and was wandering if anyone had used this or know of somewhere close by that can serve the same purpose.. 

So basically I need a campsite.. Or layby etc 

Cheers in advance. G

5 hours ago, guypjfreak said:

Every year after Glastonbury I book us into a campsite for a night so I can recover abit. Anyway I want to do the same thing after boom. I've noticed that there is a car park really close and was wandering if anyone had used this or know of somewhere close by that can serve the same purpose.. 

So basically I need a campsite.. Or layby etc 

Cheers in advance. G

I'd be interested in this also, but for staying the night before attending. Would rather a recommended campsite, as I wouldn't really want to attract attention from any passing fuzz by staying in a layby. I know I can Google something to suit, but would rather go on a recommendation from someone off here.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I'd be interested in this also, but for staying the night before attending. Would rather a recommended campsite, as I wouldn't really want to attract attention from any passing fuzz by staying in a layby. I know I can Google something to suit, but would rather go on a recommendation from someone off here.

Here Yog old son check this out. No help to me but might help you. 

https://www.pitchup.com/events/boomtown-fair/

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, guypjfreak said:

Here Yog old son check this out. No help to me but might help you. 

https://www.pitchup.com/events/boomtown-fair/

Nice one guy. I'll have a look in to that later. I'm not exactly well at the moment, which is causing my concentration levels to be at a low. I'll have a look at that site in more detail, when able to give it more proper thought. I hadn't slept for a few days, so took one of my wife's 600mg gabapentins last night. Everythings now a bit hazy. Thanks for posting it. :)

Always worth looking up Caravan Club sites too.  I stay on the one at Cheltenham Racecourse the night before the Wychwood Festival to have a chance to top up my leisure battery, fill my aquarolls and empty the lavvie.  Then ready and set to move on to the festival site in the morning. You might be able to use Caravan Clubs sites for the day after too.

9 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Nice one guy. I'll have a look in to that later. I'm not exactly well at the moment, which is causing my concentration levels to be at a low. I'll have a look at that site in more detail, when able to give it more proper thought. I hadn't slept for a few days, so took one of my wife's 600mg gabapentins last night. Everythings now a bit hazy. Thanks for posting it. :)

Christ I do 900mg 3 times a day plus tramadol and Co Codamal.. In all I'm on 29 frigging tablets a day I must rattle.. The funny thing is that even though I'm not supposed to handle machines and drive I still have to go see the people for help lol 

Anyway I'm still going to have a look for a spot to park up.. 

7 hours ago, grumpyhack said:

Always worth looking up Caravan Club sites too.  I stay on the one at Cheltenham Racecourse the night before the Wychwood Festival to have a chance to top up my leisure battery, fill my aquarolls and empty the lavvie.  Then ready and set to move on to the festival site in the morning. You might be able to use Caravan Clubs sites for the day after too.

Cheers I'm on that now.. 

8 hours ago, grumpyhack said:

Cheers I'm on that now.. 

8 hours ago, grumpyhack said:

I think I'm a member of the Caravan Club, but not exactly sure. They've sent me a membership card saying that I'm a member, but I thought that I had changed banks since I first joined a few years ago. I really need to look in to this. 

41 minutes ago, guypjfreak said:

Christ I do 900mg 3 times a day plus tramadol and Co Codamal.. In all I'm on 29 frigging tablets a day I must rattle.. The funny thing is that even though I'm not supposed to handle machines and drive I still have to go see the people for help lol 

Anyway I'm still going to have a look for a spot to park up.. 

My wife has to take 700mg 3 times a day. A 600mg tablet and a 100mg tablet. She also has to take Tramadol. As a result of this, apparently she can't take HRT tablets, and is currently going through the menopause. She's not exactly happy about this conundrum.

Just had a thought - could you Google Earth the area, to see what's about in the area? Mind you, if your like me on it, then you stand no chance of finding anything. In fact, you'll loose something - your mind! Google Earth drives me insane. It would be fair to say that I cannot accurately use any of the control features. lol 

1 minute ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I think I'm a member of the Caravan Club, but not exactly sure. They've sent me a membership card saying that I'm a member, but I thought that I had changed banks since I first joined a few years ago. I really need to look in to this. 

I've just had a look old son and there's 3 possible ones the closest is just to the south in Twyford..the other to the east  Kilmeston and one in Romsey all 3 can only take up to 5 caravans or motorhome so might be good to book quickly.. 

Just done a 10 mile thing 6 campsites in that area.. Think I'll find a layby lol

Lol.. I might just get the wife to drive.. Not that she has yet from a festival.. If you Google earth there's a car park right outside the festival.. I'm hoping that all the 45286526.085 people just leave and go home and I'll stay there lol 

2 hours ago, guypjfreak said:

I've just had a look old son and there's 3 possible ones the closest is just to the south in Twyford..the other to the east  Kilmeston and one in Romsey all 3 can only take up to 5 caravans or motorhome so might be good to book quickly.. 

Just done a 10 mile thing 6 campsites in that area.. Think I'll find a layby lol

Thanks for the tip off guy.

• 3 weeks later...

Lol that was my lead but I was checking on prices.. Works out quite a lot if you are not a member. I'm only a member of the Caravan and camping club so I'd have to spend 50 on joining this club but I've been told that you can pull up just along that Rd..

Thanks for the link Paul old son 

8 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I'm now wondering how forceful are the organizers in getting you off site on the Monday ie. would it be possible to have a civilized lie in until, say about, 4pm?

According to the site it's midday

"The site needs to be vacated by midday on Monday 13th August. Please make sure you are all packed up and on your merry way home by then. We know it's hard to leave and we're sad to see you go but the cows need to get settled back into their home ASAP!"

3 hours ago, stalemate9 said:

According to the site it's midday

"The site needs to be vacated by midday on Monday 13th August. Please make sure you are all packed up and on your merry way home by then. We know it's hard to leave and we're sad to see you go but the cows need to get settled back into their home ASAP!"

Thanks for the information stalemate9. I was wondering how strict they were with this requirement though. I've been to loads of festivals where they say you have to be off site by midday, but they don't really enforce that rule. I was just wondering if this could possibly be the case with BoomTown.  That way a fairly late Sunday evening could be enjoyed. Otherwise I'll have to hold back on the Sunday, because I'll be driving.

1 hour ago, manateemike said:

It's been midday last couple of years leaving family camper van field. No hassle and still quite a few stragglers when we left. 

In fact on reflection I don't remember seeing anyone in a hi vis other than those involved in traffic management. 

Thanks for the info manateemike. It sounds like they may be lapse enough.