2019 Stage Predictions

dentalplan

14 hours ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Headlined JP last time they played, didn't they? Obviously doesn't rule them out of that slot totally but unless they need darkness for their set or something I think Other Stage is probably more likely.

Yeah - headlined JP on Sunday night in (*checks internet*) 2011. I was there and enjoyed it at the time, to my surprise (maybe 'cos of Robyn beforehand!), but looking it up I found this less than favourable review ....

".... which sadly can’t be said of The Streets Glastonbury swansong at the John Peel tent, which has the rowdy quality of Wetherspoons on a Friday without even the thrill of the flying glass. Sure, Mike Skinners shows always had a shambolic, cut-and-paste feel – charmingly so – but the shoddy sound and largely apathetic crowd, coupled with Skinner himself, topless and leery as he fantasises about Beyonce, just makes this seem a bit pathetic, a far cry from the bow-out that the band deserved."

New monthly prediction:

Py: Foals, Vampire Weekend, Ariana Grande, Christine & the Queens, Father John Misty, Declan McKenna
OS: The Chemical Brothers, Jorja Smith, Blossoms, The Wombats, Carly Rae Jepsen, Portugal the Man
WH: Lauryn Hill, Chaka Khan, The John Butler Trio
JP: Lily Allen, Grimes, Rex Orange County, Car Seat Headrest
Pa: Courtney Barnett

Py: Rihanna, The 1975, Iggy Pop, Franz Ferdinand, Billy Ocean, Kamasi Washington, Joan Armatrading
OS: Catfish & the Bottlemen, Sufjan Stevens, James Bay, Friendly Fires, Everything Everything, Pale Waves, Fickle Friends
WH: Bonobo, Jon Hopkins, IAMDDB
JP: The Streets, St Vincent, Charli xcx
Pa: My Bloody Valentine

Py: Fleetwood Mac, Sam Smith, The Specials, Cher, Mura Masa, Lucy Rose, Greta Van Fleet
OS: Jamie xx, Wolf Alice, Sigrid, Cage the Elephant, Frank Carter & the Rattlesnakes
WH: Run-DMC, Loyle Carner, Young Fathers
JP: The Vaccines, Jungle, Brockhampton
Pa: King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard

18 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

They need to play indoors cos otherwise the collective glow of audience embarrassment when they play When You Wasn't Famous could be dangerous.

Fortunately, and quite tellingly, only one song from that album made it onto the Brixton setlist last Friday, and it was the heartfelt one about his dad popping his clogs

14 minutes ago, nikkic said:

Surely Janelle will be headlining West Holts. 

If that’s not a match made in heaven I don’t know what is. 

I would put her headlining it but I'd have more chance to see her on Pyramid. I don't think she's got any bigger though really.

On 5/1/2018 at 1:43 PM, SomeoneListeningIn said:

New monthly prediction:

Py: Foals, Vampire Weekend, Ariana Grande, Christine & the Queens, Father John Misty, Declan McKenna
OS: The Chemical Brothers, Jorja Smith, Blossoms, The Wombats, Carly Rae Jepsen, Portugal the Man
WH: Lauryn Hill, Chaka Khan, The John Butler Trio
JP: Lily Allen, Grimes, Rex Orange County, Car Seat Headrest
Pa: Courtney Barnett

Py: Rihanna, The 1975, Iggy Pop, Franz Ferdinand, Billy Ocean, Kamasi Washington, Joan Armatrading
OS: Catfish & the Bottlemen, Sufjan Stevens, James Bay, Friendly Fires, Everything Everything, Pale Waves, Fickle Friends
WH: Bonobo, Jon Hopkins, IAMDDB
JP: The Streets, St Vincent, Charli xcx
Pa: My Bloody Valentine

Py: Fleetwood Mac, Sam Smith, The Specials, Cher, Mura Masa, Lucy Rose, Greta Van Fleet
OS: Jamie xx, Wolf Alice, Sigrid, Cage the Elephant, Frank Carter & the Rattlesnakes
WH: Run-DMC, Loyle Carner, Young Fathers
JP: The Vaccines, Jungle, Brockhampton
Pa: King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard

This looks pretty good btw. Other Stage is a bit more disappointing than normal but that probably happens with age.

16 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

This looks pretty good btw. Other Stage is a bit more disappointing than normal but that probably happens with age.

Sufjan Stevens would make up for an underwhelming Other Stage by playing the best set of the weekend there.

On 4/28/2018 at 10:03 AM, jj200 said:

pyramid stage

fri: florence and the machine

sat: arctic monkeys

sun: kings of leon

other stage:

fri:bastille

sat: years and years

sun: disclosure

30 minutes ago, jj200 said:

headliners for pyramid stage

friday: kings of leon

saturday: sam smith

sunday: biffy clyro

other stage headliners:

friday: disclosure

saturday: foals

sunday: clean bandit

Genuinely curious as to what's happened in the last few days to shift Kings of Leon from the Sunday to the Friday.

7 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Genuinely curious as to what's happened in the last few days to shift Kings of Leon from the Sunday to the Friday.

Biffy Clyro only agreed to step in for Florence if they could avoid playing Friday night, cos they're desperate to watch Top Gear Live that night. Kings of Leon were happy to swap as it means they're free for the Prime Minister's set on Sunday night.

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

It would be ruined immeasurably by the ignominy of having to open for the Conwy County cum sarnie crooners.

I heard they're his favourite band.

2 hours ago, Odessa said:

Biffy Clyro only agreed to step in for Florence if they could avoid playing Friday night, cos they're desperate to watch Top Gear Live that night. Kings of Leon were happy to swap as it means they're free for the Prime Minister's set on Sunday night.

and Sam smith replaced arctic monkeys because they have dropped out

2 minutes ago, Madyaker said:

Sam Smith headlining Glastonbury? Really? He’s dropped off the face of the earth as far as I can tell. Is he due to release another dire album about how sad he is? It’d be like James Blunt headlining imo. Pure drivel.

he could be doing a two year tour