2019 Stage Predictions

dentalplan

4 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Bastille's stock has fallen considerably, wouldn't rule them out for third down the Other.

Oh fair enough, can't say I've been following them too closely. However, I just checked and they subbed the Other in 2016 and they currently have 29m monthly Spotify listeners. Surely they're still pretty huge based on that number (yes I know there are many other things to consider) and won't play one spot down on the same stage?

18 minutes ago, The Martini Police said:

Oh fair enough, can't say I've been following them too closely. However, I just checked and they subbed the Other in 2016 and they currently have 29m monthly Spotify listeners. Surely they're still pretty huge based on that number (yes I know there are many other things to consider) and won't play one spot down on the same stage?

Amazing what a marshmello collab can do (other than CHVRCHES apparently)

But yeah, I have them 3rd down other atm

12 hours ago, HeyPorter said:

Corrine Bailey Rae’s bump to legend spot well deserved there. 

My thoughts are that The Cure will get 2.5 hours or so, hence the 3rd down spot will be the 'teatime' slot instead this year.

EG: The Cure 20:45-23:15, Janet Jackson 19:30-20:45, Kylie 17:30-18:45, Corrine Bailey Rae 15:45-16:45 

19 minutes ago, 01seb said:

My thoughts are that The Cure will get 2.5 hours or so, hence the 3rd down spot will be the 'teatime' slot instead this year.

EG: The Cure 20:45-23:15, Janet Jackson 19:30-20:45, Kylie 17:30-18:45, Corrine Bailey Rae 15:45-16:45 

Don’t see them tinkering too much to accommodate the Cure and Corrine last played third from top in the Avalon 3 years ago. Don’t see her anywhere near a pyramid prime pop spot in 2019. 

Edited by HeyPorter

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

No way the Cure are going over two hours.

How come? Didn't Radiohead and FF do over two hours last time? Are you thinking they'll want to keep it shorter for a tighter set, or Glastonbury won't allow it?

post-poster prediction time - not exactly my ideal dream(apart from friday on the other stage), just what I think is kinda realistic

Friday:

Pyramid- Stormzy, George Ezra, Bastille

Other- Tame Impala, Two Door Cinema Club, Interpol

West Holts- Ms Lauryn Hill, Jorja Smith, Kate Tempest

John Peel- Orbital(rumoured to), The Streets, Pale Waves

Park- The Good, the Bad and the Queen, Mac Demarco(tour dates in uk that week, only day available), Idles

Saturday:

Pyramid- The Killers, LG, Miley

Other-  Foals(dunno who else but seems wrong to clash with killers), Courteeners(again seems wrong to clash with LG but who knows, also can't see them getting bumped up), Hozier

West Holts- Wu Tang Clan, Jungle, Stefflon Don

Park- Hot Chip, Kurt Vile, Sons of Kemet

John Peel-  Years and years, Jon Hopkins, Sigrid

Sunday: 

Pyramid-  The Cure, Vampire Weekend, Janet Jackson

Other - Chems, Christine and the queens, Billie Eilish

West Holts - Janelle Monae, Mavis Staples, Kamasi Washington

Park- Sharon Van Etten, Rex Orange County, Fat White Family

John Peel - Diplo, Johnny Marr, Loyle Carner

11 minutes ago, mb23 said:

Pretty sure Ezra will sub, but the fact Ed Sheeran played 3rd down in 2014 after the same amount of albums Ezra has does make me wonder whether there might be a sub yet to announce.

The same sub from that night (The Black Keys) would be welcome but you’re right that Ezra will sub, sadly. Weaker acts available and Ezra is already headlining other mid-size and even large festivals. He’s what we’re getting. 

15 minutes ago, mb23 said:

Pretty sure Ezra will sub, but the fact Ed Sheeran played 3rd down in 2014 after the same amount of albums Ezra has does make me wonder whether there might be a sub yet to announce.

I’d be amazed if he isn’t subbing. 

On 3/20/2019 at 1:20 PM, OddRon said:

post-poster prediction time - not exactly my ideal dream(apart from friday on the other stage), just what I think is kinda realistic

Friday:

Pyramid- Stormzy, George Ezra, Bastille

Other- Tame Impala, Two Door Cinema Club, Interpol

West Holts- Ms Lauryn Hill, Jorja Smith, Kate Tempest

John Peel- Orbital(rumoured to), The Streets, Pale Waves

Park- The Good, the Bad and the Queen, Mac Demarco(tour dates in uk that week, only day available), Idles

Saturday:

Pyramid- The Killers, LG, Miley

Other-  Foals(dunno who else but seems wrong to clash with killers), Courteeners(again seems wrong to clash with LG but who knows, also can't see them getting bumped up), Hozier

West Holts- Wu Tang Clan, Jungle, Stefflon Don

Park- Hot Chip, Kurt Vile, Sons of Kemet

John Peel-  Years and years, Jon Hopkins, Sigrid

Sunday: 

Pyramid-  The Cure, Vampire Weekend, Janet Jackson

Other - Chems, Christine and the queens, Billie Eilish

West Holts - Janelle Monae, Mavis Staples, Kamasi Washington

Park- Sharon Van Etten, Rex Orange County, Fat White Family

John Peel - Diplo, Johnny Marr, Loyle Carner

Is there anything to the Orbital rumour or just wishful thinking? Would be a game changer for my Friday. I can’t remember a dance headliner on JP any tine recently?

I’m pinning my hopes for Friday night on that or West Holts pulling out a disco or dance headliner. I’d watch Lauren Hill earlier on the pyramid but not sure I’d risk a headliner on her.

1 hour ago, DJL said:

Is there anything to the Orbital rumour or just wishful thinking? Would be a game changer for my Friday. I can’t remember a dance headliner on JP any tine recently?

I’m pinning my hopes for Friday night on that or West Holts pulling out a disco or dance headliner. I’d watch Lauren Hill earlier on the pyramid but not sure I’d risk a headliner on her.

Annie Mac did it a couple of years ago iirc?

And yeah someone had info Orbital were headlining the JP one day (though we dont know which day)

23 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Annie Mac did it a couple of years ago iirc?

And yeah someone had info Orbital were headlining the JP one day (though we dont know which day)

Ooh I hadn't heard that. Does that make Jon Hopkins less likely as a John Peel headliner then? Two dance headliners in one fest... massively clutching but I want some say to see Hopkins and Hot Chip. And Orbital!