Jump to content
dentalplan

2019 Stage Predictions

Recommended Posts

31 minutes ago, Titters said:

Does Billie Eilish have the material for that? Assuming she'll have an album out by June, but still a big ask. I thought she'd get a Courtney Barnett-style Pyramid slot, 2nd/3rd on. 

 

Struggling to place a few of the acts... anyone want to have a guess?

 

Maribou State - Sub WH (Moderat's set from 2017)? 

Cat Power - Late Afternoon Park?

Santigold - Sub WH? 

Friendly Fires - Sub JPT?? No idea where they will fit. 

Sharon Van Etten Sub Park.....? Acoustic??

 

 

 

 

Maribou State are reportedly third down WH on Saturday and Friendly Fires early evening Sunday John Peel order. The other three you name are probably too similar to their last slots and will probably change stages - although SVE isn’t gonna be doing Acoustic so more likely JP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Titters said:

Does Billie Eilish have the material for that? Assuming she'll have an album out by June, but still a big ask. I thought she'd get a Courtney Barnett-style Pyramid slot, 2nd/3rd on. 

 

Struggling to place a few of the acts... anyone want to have a guess?

 

Maribou State - Sub WH (Moderat's set from 2017)? 

Cat Power - Late Afternoon Park?

Santigold - Sub WH? 

Friendly Fires - Sub JPT?? No idea where they will fit. 

Sharon Van Etten Sub Park.....? Acoustic??

 

 

 

 

Has to be, surely? Set of the weekend territory there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, jparx said:

Has to be, surely? Set of the weekend territory there.

Seems a bit high on the poster for that (considering shes above Hot Chip and TGTB&TQ who most people are predicting to be 2 of the 3 headliners atm).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can't see her being on Pyramid or Other... And she's not really WH... 

 

So Park or Acoustic headliner, which doesn't really stack? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay, I'll try for the first full one since the Poster came out...

 

FRIDAY

Pyramid - Stormzy, George Ezra, Iggy Pop, Bastille, Sheryl Crow, Michael Kiwanuka, Tom Misch, This is the Kit

Other - Tame Impala, Two Door Cinema Club, Hozier, Editors, Frank Turner & the Sleeping Souls, The Hives, Superorganism, Parquet Courts, Franz Ferdinand

West Holts - Ms Lauryn Hill, Jorja Smith, The Cat Empire, Rosalia, Loyle Carner, The Comet is Coming, BCUC

John Peel - Suede, Interpol, Denzel Curry, Stefflon Don, Deaf Havana, Pale Waves, Tom Walker, Drenge, Octavian, ETC Winner

The Park - The Good, the Bad & the Queen, Public Service Broadcasting, Neneh Cherry, Idles, King Princess, Sam Fender, Low, Sports Team, Didirri

SATURDAY

Pyramid - The Killers, Liam Gallagher, Miley Cyrus, Van Morrison, Kaiser Chiefs, Sigrid, KT Tunstall, David Attenborough 

Other - The Chemical Brothers, Courteeners, Snow Patrol, Santigold, Of Monsters & Men, Kurt Vile, The Joy Formidable, Shura, Teleman

West Holts - Wu-Tang Clan, Jungle, Maribou State, Kamasi Washington, Fatoumata Diawara, Sons of Kemet, Jpegmafia 

John Peel - Jon Hopkins, Friendly Fires, Chromeo, Johnny Marr, Foals (Secret Set), Lewis Capaldi, Yungblud, Sea Girls, Slowthai, SWMRS

The Park - Hot Chip, Kate Tempest, Tash Sultana, Charlotte Gainsbourg, Tom Grennan, Pond, Jade Bird, Dean Lewis, Algiers

SUNDAY

Pyramid - The Cure, Janet Jackson, Kylie, Corinne Bailey Rae, Tom Odell, Fun Lovin' Criminals, Local Brass Band

Other - Vampire Weekend, Christine & the Queens, Years & Years, Anne-Marie, Gerry Cinnamon, Billie Eilish, Declan McKenna, Rolling Blackouts Coastal Fever, Amber Arcades

West Holts - Janelle Monae, Diplo, Lizzo, Khruangbin, Mavis Staples, The Garifuna Collective, Nakhane

John Peel - The Streets, Nothing But Thieves, Mogwai, Fat White Family, Bugzy Malone, Aurora, The Amazons, Yonaka, The Murder Capital

The Park - Ben Harper, Cat Power, Sharon Van Etten, Rex Orange County, Anna Calvi, Little Simz, Sundara Karma, Parcels, Port Erin

 

Edited by 01seb

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Delighted to see you've not lost faith that RBCF and Parquet Courts will still appear @01seb

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 01seb said:

Okay, I'll try for the first full one since the Poster came out...

 

FRIDAY

Pyramid - Stormzy, George Ezra, Iggy Pop, Bastille, Sheryl Crow, Michael Kiwanuka, Tom Misch, This is the Kit

Other - Tame Impala, Two Door Cinema Club, Hozier, Editors, Frank Turner & the Sleeping Souls, The Hives, Superorganism, Parquet Courts, Franz Ferdinand

West Holts - Ms Lauryn Hill, Jorja Smith, The Cat Empire, Rosalia, Loyle Carner, The Comet is Coming, BCUC

John Peel - Suede, Interpol, Denzel Curry, Stefflon Don, Deaf Havana, Pale Waves, Tom Walker, Drenge, Octavian, ETC Winner

The Park - The Good, the Bad & the Queen, Public Service Broadcasting, Neneh Cherry, Idles, King Princess, Sam Fender, Low, Sports Team, Didirri

SATURDAY

Pyramid - The Killers, Liam Gallagher, Miley Cyrus, Van Morrison, Kaiser Chiefs, Sigrid, KT Tunstall, David Attenborough 

Other - The Chemical Brothers, Courteeners, Snow Patrol, Santigold, Of Monsters & Men, Kurt Vile, The Joy Formidable, Shura, Teleman

West Holts - Wu-Tang Clan, Jungle, Maribou State, Kamasi Washington, Fatoumata Diawara, Sons of Kemet, Jpegmafia 

John Peel - Jon Hopkins, Friendly Fires, Chromeo, Johnny Marr, Foals (Secret Set), Lewis Capaldi, Yungblud, Sea Girls, Slowthai, SWMRS

The Park - Hot Chip, Kate Tempest, Tash Sultana, Charlotte Gainsbourg, Tom Grennan, Pond, Jade Bird, Dean Lewis, Algiers

SUNDAY

Pyramid - The Cure, Janet Jackson, Kylie, Corinne Bailey Rae, Tom Odell, Fun Lovin' Criminals, Local Brass Band

Other - Vampire Weekend, Christine & the Queens, Years & Years, Anne-Marie, Gerry Cinnamon, Billie Eilish, Declan McKenna, Rolling Blackouts Coastal Fever, Amber Arcades

West Holts - Janelle Monae, Diplo, Lizzo, Khruangbin, Mavis Staples, The Garifuna Collective, Nakhane

John Peel - The Streets, Nothing But Thieves, Mogwai, Fat White Family, Bugzy Malone, Aurora, The Amazons, Yonaka, The Murder Capital

The Park - Ben Harper, Cat Power, Sharon Van Etten, Rex Orange County, Anna Calvi, Little Simz, Sundara Karma, Parcels, Port Erin

 

Good lineup I’d have 30 acts that I’d like to catch off that! Although yonaka have told me they haven’t been asked (could be a lie though)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Delighted to see you've not lost faith that RBCF and Parquet Courts will still appear @01seb

Is there any reason why they would be ruled out? 

From what I can see RBCF start their Europe festivals at Roskilde (week after Glasto) and Parquet Courts start their Europe run the week later. Both are probably 50:50 if they do Glasto I'd say?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, 01seb said:

Is there any reason why they would be ruled out? 

From what I can see RBCF start their Europe festivals at Roskilde (week after Glasto) and Parquet Courts start their Europe run the week later. Both are probably 50:50 if they do Glasto I'd say?

I think RBCF are the perfect size act to be added on the full poster but (and I may be over-estimating their popularity) I expected Parquet Courts to be on the first poster if they were there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

I think RBCF are the perfect size act to be added on the full poster but (and I may be over-estimating their popularity) I expected Parquet Courts to be on the first poster if they were there. 

I think both acts are small enough that they could easily be left off the first poster - it is only 66 names after all and there will be much bigger names than both of those still to be added. After a somewhat disappointing first poster I’m hoping all the good stuff like this is yet to come.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm sure someone posted in the Rock Werchter thread saying that RBCF weren't coming over to Europe until July and that's why they're not playing there, so I'm not really expecting them at Glastonbury now. I think Parquet Courts will still play though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, 01seb said:

Okay, I'll try for the first full one since the Poster came out...

 

FRIDAY

Pyramid - Stormzy, George Ezra, Iggy Pop, Bastille, Sheryl Crow, Michael Kiwanuka, Tom Misch, This is the Kit

Other - Tame Impala, Two Door Cinema Club, Hozier, Editors, Frank Turner & the Sleeping Souls, The Hives, Superorganism, Parquet Courts, Franz Ferdinand

West Holts - Ms Lauryn Hill, Jorja Smith, The Cat Empire, Rosalia, Loyle Carner, The Comet is Coming, BCUC

John Peel - Suede, Interpol, Denzel Curry, Stefflon Don, Deaf Havana, Pale Waves, Tom Walker, Drenge, Octavian, ETC Winner

The Park - The Good, the Bad & the Queen, Public Service Broadcasting, Neneh Cherry, Idles, King Princess, Sam Fender, Low, Sports Team, Didirri

SATURDAY

Pyramid - The Killers, Liam Gallagher, Miley Cyrus, Van Morrison, Kaiser Chiefs, Sigrid, KT Tunstall, David Attenborough 

Other - The Chemical Brothers, Courteeners, Snow Patrol, Santigold, Of Monsters & Men, Kurt Vile, The Joy Formidable, Shura, Teleman

West Holts - Wu-Tang Clan, Jungle, Maribou State, Kamasi Washington, Fatoumata Diawara, Sons of Kemet, Jpegmafia 

John Peel - Jon Hopkins, Friendly Fires, Chromeo, Johnny Marr, Foals (Secret Set), Lewis Capaldi, Yungblud, Sea Girls, Slowthai, SWMRS

The Park - Hot Chip, Kate Tempest, Tash Sultana, Charlotte Gainsbourg, Tom Grennan, Pond, Jade Bird, Dean Lewis, Algiers

SUNDAY

Pyramid - The Cure, Janet Jackson, Kylie, Corinne Bailey Rae, Tom Odell, Fun Lovin' Criminals, Local Brass Band

Other - Vampire Weekend, Christine & the Queens, Years & Years, Anne-Marie, Gerry Cinnamon, Billie Eilish, Declan McKenna, Rolling Blackouts Coastal Fever, Amber Arcades

West Holts - Janelle Monae, Diplo, Lizzo, Khruangbin, Mavis Staples, The Garifuna Collective, Nakhane

John Peel - The Streets, Nothing But Thieves, Mogwai, Fat White Family, Bugzy Malone, Aurora, The Amazons, Yonaka, The Murder Capital

The Park - Ben Harper, Cat Power, Sharon Van Etten, Rex Orange County, Anna Calvi, Little Simz, Sundara Karma, Parcels, Port Erin

 

This would be an incredible lineup, way tooooo good i think, some acts like little simz, mavis staples, loyle carner seem a little far down, for artists they'll want to give prominent slots

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, 01seb said:

Okay, I'll try for the first full one since the Poster came out...

 

FRIDAY

Pyramid - Stormzy, George Ezra, Iggy Pop, Bastille, Sheryl Crow, Michael Kiwanuka, Tom Misch, This is the Kit

Other - Tame Impala, Two Door Cinema Club, Hozier, Editors, Frank Turner & the Sleeping Souls, The Hives, Superorganism, Parquet Courts, Franz Ferdinand

West Holts - Ms Lauryn Hill, Jorja Smith, The Cat Empire, Rosalia, Loyle Carner, The Comet is Coming, BCUC

John Peel - Suede, Interpol, Denzel Curry, Stefflon Don, Deaf Havana, Pale Waves, Tom Walker, Drenge, Octavian, ETC Winner

The Park - The Good, the Bad & the Queen, Public Service Broadcasting, Neneh Cherry, Idles, King Princess, Sam Fender, Low, Sports Team, Didirri

SATURDAY

Pyramid - The Killers, Liam Gallagher, Miley Cyrus, Van Morrison, Kaiser Chiefs, Sigrid, KT Tunstall, David Attenborough 

Other - The Chemical Brothers, Courteeners, Snow Patrol, Santigold, Of Monsters & Men, Kurt Vile, The Joy Formidable, Shura, Teleman

West Holts - Wu-Tang Clan, Jungle, Maribou State, Kamasi Washington, Fatoumata Diawara, Sons of Kemet, Jpegmafia 

John Peel - Jon Hopkins, Friendly Fires, Chromeo, Johnny Marr, Foals (Secret Set), Lewis Capaldi, Yungblud, Sea Girls, Slowthai, SWMRS

The Park - Hot Chip, Kate Tempest, Tash Sultana, Charlotte Gainsbourg, Tom Grennan, Pond, Jade Bird, Dean Lewis, Algiers

SUNDAY

Pyramid - The Cure, Janet Jackson, Kylie, Corinne Bailey Rae, Tom Odell, Fun Lovin' Criminals, Local Brass Band

Other - Vampire Weekend, Christine & the Queens, Years & Years, Anne-Marie, Gerry Cinnamon, Billie Eilish, Declan McKenna, Rolling Blackouts Coastal Fever, Amber Arcades

West Holts - Janelle Monae, Diplo, Lizzo, Khruangbin, Mavis Staples, The Garifuna Collective, Nakhane

John Peel - The Streets, Nothing But Thieves, Mogwai, Fat White Family, Bugzy Malone, Aurora, The Amazons, Yonaka, The Murder Capital

The Park - Ben Harper, Cat Power, Sharon Van Etten, Rex Orange County, Anna Calvi, Little Simz, Sundara Karma, Parcels, Port Erin

 

Would love to see Sundara on the Park stage but I think it’d probably be too low down for them. Looks pretty good otherwise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

I think both acts are small enough that they could easily be left off the first poster - it is only 66 names after all and there will be much bigger names than both of those still to be added. After a somewhat disappointing first poster I’m hoping all the good stuff like this is yet to come.

 

2 hours ago, kingcrawler said:

I'm sure someone posted in the Rock Werchter thread saying that RBCF weren't coming over to Europe until July and that's why they're not playing there, so I'm not really expecting them at Glastonbury now. I think Parquet Courts will still play though.

The cruelest rollercoaster 😭

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, The Red Telephone said:

Ya giving me a Chems/ Hot Chip/ Jon Hopkins clash on the Saturday night?!?!

 

04A8592D-50C0-4A06-845F-6359207E0E12.jpeg

My thoughts exactly.  It is a nightmare scenario.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

I think RBCF are the perfect size act to be added on the full poster but (and I may be over-estimating their popularity) I expected Parquet Courts to be on the first poster if they were there. 

Name's too long to have been on the first poster.  Would take up a whole row on their own :D

Edited by Quark

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So Bastille have been confirmed for Friday. If Two Door Cinema Club info is correct (sub Fri Other) then that'll rule out Bastille of playing on the Other. I'm thinking if they're Pyramid, that probably means Lauryn Hill is West Holts (can she only play Fri?) due to the likely Ezra and rock slot (Emily confirmed, right?) before Stormzy. Unless they're JP headliner - are they too big for that? Thoughts?

Edit - think TDCC info was just sub Other, but I think Fri is the only day they're available anyway.

Edited by The Martini Police

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, The Martini Police said:

So Bastille have been confirmed for Friday. If Two Door Cinema Club info is correct (sub Fri Other) then that'll rule out Bastille of playing on the Other. I'm thinking if they're Pyramid, that probably means Lauryn Hill is West Holts (can she only play Fri?) due to the likely Ezra and rock slot (Emily confirmed, right?) before Stormzy. Unless they're JP headliner - are they too big for that? Thoughts?

Edit - think TDCC info was just sub Other, but I think Fri is the only day they're available anyway.

Bastille's stock has fallen considerably, wouldn't rule them out for third down the Other.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...