Jump to content
dentalplan

2019 Stage Predictions

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, deadpheasant said:

Weren't Hot Chip TBC to headline either JP or WH Friday?

they were down for WH on Saturday at one point, tho I think as SR rather than TBC. Someone told me they had an offer to headline WH, and 'probably' for Saturday.

I then got info saying they definitely weren't the Saturday headliner.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, eFestivals said:

they were down for WH on Saturday at one point, tho I think as SR rather than TBC. Someone told me they had an offer to headline WH, and 'probably' for Saturday.

I then got info saying they definitely weren't the Saturday headliner.

I'm curious, was that info related to the Wu-Tang Clan info? If they did have an offer to headline West Holts then they do seem the obvious shout for the Friday headliner.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

He’s on about Hot Chip headlining Fri West Holts.

Not really sure what the score is re: Hot Chip on WH. @eFestivals did you hear something that made you take them off the stage completely when you got the Wu Tang news?

the info i had was that they'd had an offer to headline, 'probably' for Saturday. I was then told definitely not on Saturday.

As it was an offer I decided to play safe, as it's not impossible they've had an offer from another stage which they'd accepted instead (their tweets make pretty clear they're playing somewhere).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

the info i had was that they'd had an offer to headline, 'probably' for Saturday. I was then told definitely not on Saturday.

As it was an offer I decided to play safe, as it's not impossible they've had an offer from another stage which they'd accepted instead (their tweets make pretty clear they're playing somewhere).

Do you think that WH would even have chance to offer Hot Chip a slot if they were on the Other Stage, if Nick is their manager?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Because y'all love my predictions, show some Valentine's Day love for this one mwah

(didn't do a full one cos they make me die)

Py: Stormzy, Jamiroquai, Iggy Pop, Solange, Tom Odell, Young Fathers
OS: Tame Impala, Two Door Cinema Club, Robyn, Interpol, Anne Marie
WH: Hot Chip, The B52's, Pusha T, Nao
JP: Orbital, Lykke Li, Circa Waves, Tom Grennan, Idles, Freya Ridings
Pa: Doves, Shame, Julia Holter, Parcels, Octavian

Py: The Killers, Liam Gallagher, Vampire Weekend, James Taylor & his All-Star Band, Mavis Staples, Sigrid
OS: The Chemical Brothers, Christine and the Queens, Years & Years, Blossoms, AJ Tracey
WH: Wu Tang Clan, Jorja Smith, Maribou State, Toots & the Maytals
JP: FKA twigs, Marina, Cigarettes After Sex, Kurt Vile, Billie Eilish, The Amazons
Pa: The Good the Bad and the Queen, Charlotte Gainsbourg, Teenage Fanclub, Pond, Confidence Man

Py: The Cure, Janet Jackson, Rag'n'Bone Man, Kylie, Amadou et Mariam, Loyle Carner
OS: The Streets, Jess Glynne, The Raconteurs, Bloc Party, Greta Van Fleet
WH: Janelle Monae, Ben Harper & the Innocent Criminals, Tash Sultana, Fatoumata Diawara
JP: The Wombats, Jungle, Ella Mai, Sharon Van Etten, Parquet Courts, The Magic Gang
Pa: Bonobo, Jarvis Cocker, Bear's Den, Let's Eat Grandma, Aldous Harding

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

Because y'all love my predictions, show some Valentine's Day love for this one mwah

(didn't do a full one cos they make me die)

Py: Stormzy, Jamiroquai, Iggy Pop, Solange, Tom Odell, Young Fathers
OS: Tame Impala, Two Door Cinema Club, Robyn, Interpol, Anne Marie
WH: Hot Chip, The B52's, Pusha T, Nao
JP: Orbital, Lykke Li, Circa Waves, Tom Grennan, Idles, Freya Ridings
Pa: Doves, Shame, Julia Holter, Parcels, Octavian

Py: The Killers, Liam Gallagher, Vampire Weekend, James Taylor & his All-Star Band, Mavis Staples, Sigrid
OS: The Chemical Brothers, Christine and the Queens, Years & Years, Blossoms, AJ Tracey
WH: Wu Tang Clan, Jorja Smith, Maribou State, Toots & the Maytals
JP: FKA twigs, Marina, Cigarettes After Sex, Kurt Vile, Billie Eilish, The Amazons
Pa: The Good the Bad and the Queen, Charlotte Gainsbourg, Teenage Fanclub, Pond, Confidence Man

Py: The Cure, Janet Jackson, Rag'n'Bone Man, Kylie, Amadou et Mariam, Loyle Carner
OS: The Streets, Jess Glynne, The Raconteurs, Bloc Party, Greta Van Fleet
WH: Janelle Monae, Ben Harper & the Innocent Criminals, Tash Sultana, Fatoumata Diawara
JP: The Wombats, Jungle, Ella Mai, Sharon Van Etten, Parquet Courts, The Magic Gang
Pa: Bonobo, Jarvis Cocker, Bear's Den, Let's Eat Grandma, Aldous Harding

Now this I could definitely get on board with:

IDLES > Interpol > Solange > Iggy > Shame > Doves

Confidence Man > Teenage Fanclub > Vampire Weekend > LG > Chems 

Parquet Courts > Kylie > Bloc Party > Raconteurs > JJ > Cure 

Edited by Hugh Jass

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd be pretty happy with that, the Saturday night options aren't too exciting for me but plenty to see overall, the Friday especially would be brilliant. That lineup reminded me that we've all been predicting Tash Sultana to play the Sunday for some reason but I noticed the other day that they're actually playing the Barrowlands that night.

Edited by kingcrawler

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Because y'all love my predictions, show some Valentine's Day love for this one mwah

(didn't do a full one cos they make me die)

Py: Stormzy, Jamiroquai, Iggy Pop, Solange, Tom Odell, Young Fathers
OS: Tame Impala, Two Door Cinema Club, Robyn, Interpol, Anne Marie
WH: Hot Chip, The B52's, Pusha T, Nao
JP: Orbital, Lykke Li, Circa Waves, Tom Grennan, Idles, Freya Ridings
Pa: Doves, Shame, Julia Holter, Parcels, Octavian

Py: The Killers, Liam Gallagher, Vampire Weekend, James Taylor & his All-Star Band, Mavis Staples, Sigrid
OS: The Chemical Brothers, Christine and the Queens, Years & Years, Blossoms, AJ Tracey
WH: Wu Tang Clan, Jorja Smith, Maribou State, Toots & the Maytals
JP: FKA twigs, Marina, Cigarettes After Sex, Kurt Vile, Billie Eilish, The Amazons
Pa: The Good the Bad and the Queen, Charlotte Gainsbourg, Teenage Fanclub, Pond, Confidence Man

Py: The Cure, Janet Jackson, Rag'n'Bone Man, Kylie, Amadou et Mariam, Loyle Carner
OS: The Streets, Jess Glynne, The Raconteurs, Bloc Party, Greta Van Fleet
WH: Janelle Monae, Ben Harper & the Innocent Criminals, Tash Sultana, Fatoumata Diawara
JP: The Wombats, Jungle, Ella Mai, Sharon Van Etten, Parquet Courts, The Magic Gang
Pa: Bonobo, Jarvis Cocker, Bear's Den, Let's Eat Grandma, Aldous Harding

This Friday night headliner clash would paralyse me.

The rest of the line-up has a familiar big-names-that-make-me-go-meh feel, so it's probably close!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Friday

Py:Stormzy childish gambilo

Other: tame impala

JP: Editors

Saturday

Py: the killers the strokes

Other: Bastille

JP: Interpol

Sunday

The cure Liam Gallagher vampire weekend

Other: the streets

JP: two door cinema club

More to be annconed

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jj200 said:

Friday

Py:Stormzy childish gambilo

Other: tame impala

JP: Editors

Saturday

Py: the killers the strokes

Other: Bastille

JP: Interpol

Sunday

The cure Liam Gallagher vampire weekend

Other: the streets

JP: two door cinema club

More to be annconed

lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, eFestivals said:

the info i had was that they'd had an offer to headline, 'probably' for Saturday. I was then told definitely not on Saturday.

As it was an offer I decided to play safe, as it's not impossible they've had an offer from another stage which they'd accepted instead (their tweets make pretty clear they're playing somewhere).

I can tell you that they are headlining the Park on the Saturday. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ryan.wills said:

I can tell you that they are headlining the Park on the Saturday. 

Really? Can’t see them being downgraded from West Holts. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, nikkic said:

Really? Can’t see them being downgraded from West Holts. 

Comes from a pretty faultless source. I suppose you could say (horses mouth). But can't really say anymore than that. Take it as you will. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Hot Chip headlining the Park would be a welcome distraction from The Killers.

Have you given up on YYY😝

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That is interesting. I wouldn’t predict Chems on Saturday now, as a knock-on effect. My prediction is in tatters.

Quite fancying seeing The Killers now, if I go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

That is interesting. I wouldn’t predict Chems on Saturday now, as a knock-on effect. My prediction is in tatters.

Quite fancying seeing The Killers now, if I go.

For me it would be Tame Impala Friday, Killers Saturday and Cure Sunday. 

If you need help getting tickets then as I already got some would be able to help you out?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm gonna trade all come-see-these-guys cards on seeing Iggy>Gambino>Tame, after that I'm putty in the groups hands.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, priest17 said:

I'm gonna trade all come-see-these-guys cards on seeing Iggy>Gambino>Tame, after that I'm putty in the groups hands.

Hahaha, I'm exactly the same mate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Hahaha, I'm exactly the same mate.

If only it were that simple eh? Ahah

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, nikkic said:

Really? Can’t see them being downgraded from West Holts. 

Unless the park is getting a big upgrade along with a bigger stage. Could be part of rob da banks involvement this year...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...