2019 Stage Predictions

dentalplan

1 hour ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Stormzy/Anderson .Paak vs. The Chemical Brothers/Vampire Weekend vs. FKA Twigs/Jon Hopkins vs. Alabama Shakes/St. Vincent vs. The Streets

Arctic Monkeys vs. Björk vs. My Bloody Valentine

Iggy Pop/Janelle Monáe vs. Young Fathers vs. Car Seat Headrest

Yikes

The Chemical Bros, Arctics and Janelle for me.

2 hours ago, thewayiam said:

The Chemical Bros, Arctics and Janelle for me.

If I had to pick right now I'd probably say Stormzy/.Paak, My Bloody Valentine and Iggy Pop/Janelle Monáe. Difficult, though. Chems were amazing in 2015 but presumably it'd be a similar show again now and I'd love to see Stormzy get a shot at headlining the festival.

16 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

I'd love to see Stormzy get a shot at headlining the festival.

It’d be fairly cool and all with where he’s come from but let’s be real; he’s not gonna be worth seeing by the time album two comes out. With how the last year has gone I wouldn’t be surprised if Robbie Williams and some of the lesser One Directions were on his second album.

22 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

It’d be fairly cool and all with where he’s come from but let’s be real; he’s not gonna be worth seeing by the time album two comes out. With how the last year has gone I wouldn’t be surprised if Robbie Williams and some of the lesser One Directions were on his second album.

Our boy Louis Tomlinson up there. Even better.

3 hours ago, Gucci Piggy said:

If I had to pick right now I'd probably say Stormzy/.Paak, My Bloody Valentine and Iggy Pop/Janelle Monáe. Difficult, though. Chems were amazing in 2015 but presumably it'd be a similar show again now and I'd love to see Stormzy get a shot at headlining the festival.

I've never hung around for Chems due to an act I'd rather see. The Streets are a possible but not sure I'd be that bothered with them.

this is my third dream stage prediction.

pyramid stage.

Friday. arctic monkeys queens of the stone age catfish and the bottlemen

Saturday kings of leon foals paramore

Sunday  Florence and the machine bastille jack white

other stage

friday stormzy boy better know the courteeners

saturday disclosure two door cinema club the 1975

sunday Taylor swift katy perry calvin harris and special guests

jon peel jake bugg, clean bandit, stereophonics

west holts fatboy silm, secret headliner, secret headliner

the field  top gear live, university callange , the prime minister

• Like 3
  • Upvote 7
  • Downvote 1

Stole some space fillers from Dental's last prediction. Was thinking of moving Janelle Monáe up into the sub spot and having a heavier act 3rd down like they have the last 3 years but I couldn't think of anyone for it.

Friday:
Pyramid: Stormzy / Bastille / Janelle Monáe / Courteeners / J-Hus / King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard / Omar Souleyman
Other: Catfish and the Bottlemen / Wolf Alice / Years and Years / Franz Ferdinand / Everything Everything / Frank Carter and the Rattlesnakes / Loyle Carner / The Sherlocks / Bloc Party
West Holts: Jon Hopkins / Young Fathers / IamDBB / Mount Kimbie
John Peel: FKA Twigs / Mura Masa / Charli XCX / Car Seat Headrest / Kate Nash
Park: My Bloody Valentine / The Breeders / tUnE-yArDs / Hookworms / Albert Hammond Jr.

Saturday:
Pyramid: Arctic Monkeys / The 1975 / CHVRCHES / Solange / Jorja Smith / Declan McKenna / Shame
Other: Björk / James Blake / Krept x Konan / Blossoms / Cage the Elephant / Mist / Pale Waves / Greta Van Fleet
West Holts: Run-DMC / Chaka Khan / Tom Misch / Kelela
John Peel: Alabama Shakes / Lily Allen / Sigrid / BROCKHAMPTON / Parquet Courts
Park: Caribou / Superorganism / Preoccupations / Yaeji / Soccer Mommy

Sunday:
Pyramid: Fleetwood Mac / Sam Smith / Dua Lipa / Cher / Kamasi Washington / Ezra Furman
Other: Jamie xx / Vampire Weekend / James Bay / St. Vincent / Friendly Fires / Cigarettes After Sex / Fickle Friends / Tom Grennan
West Holts: Hacienda Classical / Jungle / Toots and the Maytals
John Peel: The Vaccines / Editors / The Horrors
Park: Courtney Barnett / Django Django / Rex Orange County / Jehnny Beth

3 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Stole some space fillers from Dental's last prediction. Was thinking of moving Janelle Monáe up into the sub spot and having a heavier act 3rd down like they have the last 3 years but I couldn't think of anyone for it.

Friday:
Pyramid: Stormzy / Bastille / Janelle Monáe / Courteeners / J-Hus / King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard / Omar Souleyman
Other: Catfish and the Bottlemen / Wolf Alice / Years and Years / Franz Ferdinand / Everything Everything / Frank Carter and the Rattlesnakes / Loyle Carner / The Sherlocks / Bloc Party
West Holts: Jon Hopkins / Young Fathers / IamDBB / Mount Kimbie
John Peel: FKA Twigs / Mura Masa / Charli XCX / Car Seat Headrest / Kate Nash
Park: My Bloody Valentine / The Breeders / tUnE-yArDs / Hookworms / Albert Hammond Jr.

Saturday:
Pyramid: Arctic Monkeys / The 1975 / CHVRCHES / Solange / Jorja Smith / Declan McKenna / Shame
Other: Björk / James Blake / Krept x Konan / Blossoms / Cage the Elephant / Mist / Pale Waves / Greta Van Fleet
West Holts: Run-DMC / Chaka Khan / Tom Misch / Kelela
John Peel: Alabama Shakes / Lily Allen / Sigrid / BROCKHAMPTON / Parquet Courts
Park: Caribou / Superorganism / Preoccupations / Yaeji / Soccer Mommy

Sunday:
Pyramid: Fleetwood Mac / Sam Smith / Dua Lipa / Cher / Kamasi Washington / Ezra Furman
Other: Jamie xx / Vampire Weekend / James Bay / St. Vincent / Friendly Fires / Cigarettes After Sex / Fickle Friends / Tom Grennan
West Holts: Hacienda Classical / Jungle / Toots and the Maytals
John Peel: The Vaccines / Editors / The Horrors
Park: Courtney Barnett / Django Django / Rex Orange County / Jehnny Beth

Iggy Pop would be a decent 'heavier' third down tho right? I think the Pyramid is way too youth-skewing imo but aside from that it looks pretty legit.

5 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Iggy Pop would be a decent 'heavier' third down tho right? I think the Pyramid is way too youth-skewing imo but aside from that it looks pretty legit.

Yeah he would be but is he gonna be touring next year? I remember loads of people were hoping for him last year and saying it could be Glasto's last chance to have him play.

Agreed on the second point. When I posted my first prediction I said it probs needs more old acts but I cba to think who. Same goes with this one. Chuck in that Ethiopian granddad you had on yours.

15 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Yeah he would be but is he gonna be touring next year? I remember loads of people were hoping for him last year and saying it could be Glasto's last chance to have him play.

Agreed on the second point. When I posted my first prediction I said it probs needs more old acts but I cba to think who. Same goes with this one. Chuck in that Ethiopian granddad you had on yours.

I think every year is trumpeted as his last opportunity. We must just all be braced for his obituary or something. It'll happen soon enough (him playing, not dying) though like the years of asking for Beck and ZZ Top and Flaming Lips and whoever.

And yeah, could do with a few more Ethiopian grandads. The subs aren't weird enough for a Glasto pre-headline selection - reads more like the ghost of T in the Park.

7 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I think every year is trumpeted as his last opportunity. We must just all be braced for his obituary or something. It'll happen soon enough (him playing, not dying) though like the years of asking for Beck and ZZ Top and Flaming Lips and whoever.

And yeah, could do with a few more Ethiopian grandads. The subs aren't weird enough for a Glasto pre-headline selection - reads more like the ghost of T in the Park.

Cool I'll stick Iggy in then.

Yeah that was my main reason for wanting to bin Bastille off, really. Are you expecting The 1975 to headline in 2020, then? I remember you saying that if they don't headline either year they'd be dumb not to take a sub slot next year or something.

1 minute ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Cool I'll stick Iggy in then.

Yeah that was my main reason for wanting to bin Bastille off, really. Are you expecting The 1975 to headline in 2020, then? I remember you saying that if they don't headline either year they'd be dumb not to take a sub slot next year or something.

Err, maybe yeah. Doing the festival sudoku juggling headliners with R+L and other festivals scrambles my brain a bit but I guess it'd have to work out one of those two ways, and I don't have them predicted as Pyramid subs at the moment.

FRI
Py: 
Stormzy, Catfish & the Bottlemen, Def Leppard, Christine & the Queens, Father John Misty, Goat, Baloji
OS: Bjork, James Blake, Jorja Smith, Lily Allen, Everything Everything, Greta Van Fleet, Marina & the Diamonds
WH: Jon Hopkins, Jungle, Young Fathers, Toots & the Maytals, Amber Mark
JP: Ben Howard, St. Vincent, Sleaford Mods, Shame, Frightened Rabbit
Pa: Caribou, Beach House, Mount Kimbie, Mr Jukes

SAT
Py: 
Arctic Monkeys, Iggy Pop, Janelle Monae, Van Morrison, J Hus, Declan McKenna, Omar Souleyman
OS: Disclosure, Hot Chip, James Bay, Years & Years, Friendly Fires, Sigrid, AJ Tracey, The Sherlocks
WH: Run-DMC, Chaka Khan, IamDDB, Tom Misch, Nao
JP: Chvrches, Unknown Mortal Orchestra, Grizzly Bear, Daughter, Brockhampton, Confidence Man
Pa: My Bloody Valentine, Rex Orange County, Yaeji

SUN
Py: 
Fleetwood Mac, Bastille, Dua Lipa, Cher, Kamasi Washington, The Lemon Twigs, Ibeyi
OS: Jamie xx, The War on Drugs, Courteeners, The Vaccines, Pale Waves, Editors, Lewis Capaldi, Sundara Karma
WH: FKA Twigs, Loyle Carner, Amadou & Mariam, Laura Mvula, Imarhan
JP: Interpol, Lykke Li, Tom Grennan, The Horrors, Parquet Courts, Miles Kane
Pa: Courtney Barnett, John Cale, Superorganism, Whitney

13 hours ago, kingcrawler said:

FRI
Py: 
Stormzy, Catfish & the Bottlemen, Def Leppard, Christine & the Queens, Father John Misty, Goat, Baloji
OS: Bjork, James Blake, Jorja Smith, Lily Allen, Everything Everything, Greta Van Fleet, Marina & the Diamonds
WH: Jon Hopkins, Jungle, Young Fathers, Toots & the Maytals, Amber Mark
JP: Ben Howard, St. Vincent, Sleaford Mods, Shame, Frightened Rabbit
Pa: Caribou, Beach House, Mount Kimbie, Mr Jukes

SAT
Py: 
Arctic Monkeys, Iggy Pop, Janelle Monae, Van Morrison, J Hus, Declan McKenna, Omar Souleyman
OS: Disclosure, Hot Chip, James Bay, Years & Years, Friendly Fires, Sigrid, AJ Tracey, The Sherlocks
WH: Run-DMC, Chaka Khan, IamDDB, Tom Misch, Nao
JP: Chvrches, Unknown Mortal Orchestra, Grizzly Bear, Daughter, Brockhampton, Confidence Man
Pa: My Bloody Valentine, Rex Orange County, Yaeji

SUN
Py: 
Fleetwood Mac, Bastille, Dua Lipa, Cher, Kamasi Washington, The Lemon Twigs, Ibeyi
OS: Jamie xx, The War on Drugs, Courteeners, The Vaccines, Pale Waves, Editors, Lewis Capaldi, Sundara Karma
WH: FKA Twigs, Loyle Carner, Amadou & Mariam, Laura Mvula, Imarhan
JP: Interpol, Lykke Li, Tom Grennan, The Horrors, Parquet Courts, Miles Kane
Pa: Courtney Barnett, John Cale, Superorganism, Whitney

Decent attempt there but I see Iggy 3rd down and not sure whether Bastille can hold sub still, 10 I'd see there  though which is fine given Glastonbury. I think Catfish under Stormzy works as would under FM but don't see a chance under Arctics. I actually think it increases FM as a chance given Buckingham at the moment has gone, I'd see them but his voice not in go your own way is a pain.

I'd expect Dua Lipa to get 3rd down too but Janelle may be 4th, could headline WHs but she's a great performer.