Jump to content
dentalplan

2019 Stage Predictions

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, dentalplan said:

You act like we don't have Liam Gallagher TBC to sub the Pyramid, singing songs - either written by his brother or his solo career brain trust - entirely through his nose.

But nah what I mean is, if you're like me you'll put in your obvious names first - British acts playing around the time who appear on every album tour - and this time it seems like there are so fucking many of those that you're trying to scoop water out of the boat with every act you put in afterwards.

Yeah I know what you mean. I suppose that’s the problem with fallow years but 2013 turned out alright, though admittedly I’ve got no idea who was touring around then and didn’t play.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kingcrawler said:

Yeah I know what you mean. I suppose that’s the problem with fallow years but 2013 turned out alright, though admittedly I’ve got no idea who was touring around then and didn’t play.

Was a relatively weak year, come to think about it. The Friday Pyramid lineup looks like the type of running order I keep coming up with for next year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, joeyjoejoejuniorshabadoo said:

Thought I'd give it a go (stole the background from one of the posters on here lol)

GLASTO19.png

I'd have some of that! 

Ps: that's the worst name I ever heard

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, joeyjoejoejuniorshabadoo said:

Thought I'd give it a go (stole the background from one of the posters on here lol)

GLASTO19.png

I’d be over the moon with The Kinks,  Iggy, Beach Boys and Lauryn Hill (as well as the more likely Macca, Robyn, Chems, Hot Chip and Orbital). May be a bit too good to be likely (hoping i’m proved wrong) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stormzy

Meltcalla

AM

Other Stage

Bastille

Shawn mendas

Snow patrol

Jon peel stage

The vaccines

You me at six

Fatboy slim

The park stage 

Elbow

Mik artesic

Idles

West Holt's stage

Jungle

Churches

Two door cinema club

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, jj200 said:

Stormzy

Meltcalla

AM

Other Stage

Bastille

Shawn mendas

Snow patrol

Jon peel stage

The vaccines

You me at six

Fatboy slim

The park stage 

Elbow

Mik artesic

Idles

West Holt's stage

Jungle

Churches

Two door cinema club

 

You had me at Meltcalla

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ok lets go

Py: Stormzy, Liam Gallagher, Solange, The Specials, The Wombats, Stefflon Don, Ibibio Sound Machine, Hacienda Classical
OS: Wolf Alice, Paolo Nutini, Interpol, Suede, Sigrid, Sundara Karma, Peace, Kate Nash, Doves
WH: Orbital, Jungle, The Internet, Nao, Neneh Cherry, The Comet is Coming, Imarhan, Hannah Peel Tubular Orchestra
JP: Thom Yorke TMB, Anne Marie, Greta Van Fleet, Beach House, Pale Waves, The Magic Gang, Let's Eat Grandma, King Princess, Foxing, Muncie Girls
Pa: Lykke Li, Idles, Mabel, Mitski, Jonathan Wilson, Baxter Dury, Jade Bird, Goat Girl, Middle Kids
Ac: Nick Mason's Saucerful of Secrets

Py: Paul McCartney, Christine & the Queens, Van Morrison, Rag 'n' Bone Man, The Proclaimers, Protoje, Ward Thomas, A Brass Band
OS: The Streets, Cardi B, Richard Ashcroft, Blossoms, Brockhampton, Miles Kane, Anna Calvi, The Amazons, Lewis Capaldi
WH: Wu Tang Clan, Jorja Smith, Chromeo, Bomba Estereo, Kali Uchis, Dele Sosimi Afrobeat Orchestra, Jain, Kokoko!
JP: Jon Hopkins, Friendly Fires, Kaytranada, Billie Eilish, Yungblud, Easy Life, Dream Wife, Sea Girls, Etc Winner
Pa: Beirut, Django Django, Angelique Kidjo: Remain in Light, Rolling Blackouts CF, Ella Mai, Freya Ridings, Confidence Man, Flohio, Stella Donnelly
Ac: Joan Armatrading

Py: The Cure, Lana Del Rey, George Ezra, Kylie, Tom Odell, Corinne Bailey Rae, Nubya Garcia, Some Local Choir
OS: The Chemical Brothers, Hot Chip, Jess Glynne, Hozier, Tom Grennan, You Me at Six, Gerry Cinnamon, Drenge, Picture This
WH: Janelle Monae, Tash Sultana, Pusha T, Toots and the Maytals, Fatoumata Diawara, Sons of Kemet, Kikagaku Moyo, United Vibrations
JP: Chvrches, Years & Years, Mogwai, Kurt Vile & the Violators, Shame, Rosalia, Sam Fender, Another Sky, Dermot Kennedy
Pa: Young Fathers, Benjamin Clementine, Julia Holter, BC Camplight, Snail Mail, Sunflower Bean, Boy Azooga, Mattiel, 77:78
Ac: Mott the Hoople

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

Those Sunday night clashes are ridiculous. 

If you're lucky, Mott the Hoople will play somewhere near ya when they do a tour.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

ok lets go

Py: Stormzy, Liam Gallagher, Solange, The Specials, The Wombats, Stefflon Don, Ibibio Sound Machine, Hacienda Classical
OS: Wolf Alice, Paolo Nutini, Interpol, Suede, Sigrid, Sundara Karma, Peace, Kate Nash, Doves
WH: Orbital, Jungle, The Internet, Nao, Neneh Cherry, The Comet is Coming, Imarhan, Hannah Peel Tubular Orchestra
JP: Thom Yorke TMB, Anne Marie, Greta Van Fleet, Beach House, Pale Waves, The Magic Gang, Let's Eat Grandma, King Princess, Foxing, Muncie Girls
Pa: Lykke Li, Idles, Mabel, Mitski, Jonathan Wilson, Baxter Dury, Jade Bird, Goat Girl, Middle Kids
Ac: Nick Mason's Saucerful of Secrets

Py: Paul McCartney, Christine & the Queens, Van Morrison, Rag 'n' Bone Man, The Proclaimers, Protoje, Ward Thomas, A Brass Band
OS: The Streets, Cardi B, Richard Ashcroft, Blossoms, Brockhampton, Miles Kane, Anna Calvi, The Amazons, Lewis Capaldi
WH: Wu Tang Clan, Jorja Smith, Chromeo, Bomba Estereo, Kali Uchis, Dele Sosimi Afrobeat Orchestra, Jain, Kokoko!
JP: Jon Hopkins, Friendly Fires, Kaytranada, Billie Eilish, Yungblud, Easy Life, Dream Wife, Sea Girls, Etc Winner
Pa: Beirut, Django Django, Angelique Kidjo: Remain in Light, Rolling Blackouts CF, Ella Mai, Freya Ridings, Confidence Man, Flohio, Stella Donnelly
Ac: Joan Armatrading

Py: The Cure, Lana Del Rey, George Ezra, Kylie, Tom Odell, Corinne Bailey Rae, Nubya Garcia, Some Local Choir
OS: The Chemical Brothers, Hot Chip, Jess Glynne, Hozier, Tom Grennan, You Me at Six, Gerry Cinnamon, Drenge, Picture This
WH: Janelle Monae, Tash Sultana, Pusha T, Toots and the Maytals, Fatoumata Diawara, Sons of Kemet, Kikagaku Moyo, United Vibrations
JP: Chvrches, Years & Years, Mogwai, Kurt Vile & the Violators, Shame, Rosalia, Sam Fender, Another Sky, Dermot Kennedy
Pa: Young Fathers, Benjamin Clementine, Julia Holter, BC Camplight, Snail Mail, Sunflower Bean, Boy Azooga, Mattiel, 77:78
Ac: Mott the Hoople

Friday and Sunday look ace, Saturday is pretty bleak during the day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

ok lets go

Py: Stormzy, Liam Gallagher, Solange, The Specials, The Wombats, Stefflon Don, Ibibio Sound Machine, Hacienda Classical
OS: Wolf Alice, Paolo Nutini, Interpol, Suede, Sigrid, Sundara Karma, Peace, Kate Nash, Doves
WH: Orbital, Jungle, The Internet, Nao, Neneh Cherry, The Comet is Coming, Imarhan, Hannah Peel Tubular Orchestra
JP: Thom Yorke TMB, Anne Marie, Greta Van Fleet, Beach House, Pale Waves, The Magic Gang, Let's Eat Grandma, King Princess, Foxing, Muncie Girls
Pa: Lykke Li, Idles, Mabel, Mitski, Jonathan Wilson, Baxter Dury, Jade Bird, Goat Girl, Middle Kids
Ac: Nick Mason's Saucerful of Secrets

Py: Paul McCartney, Christine & the Queens, Van Morrison, Rag 'n' Bone Man, The Proclaimers, Protoje, Ward Thomas, A Brass Band
OS: The Streets, Cardi B, Richard Ashcroft, Blossoms, Brockhampton, Miles Kane, Anna Calvi, The Amazons, Lewis Capaldi
WH: Wu Tang Clan, Jorja Smith, Chromeo, Bomba Estereo, Kali Uchis, Dele Sosimi Afrobeat Orchestra, Jain, Kokoko!
JP: Jon Hopkins, Friendly Fires, Kaytranada, Billie Eilish, Yungblud, Easy Life, Dream Wife, Sea Girls, Etc Winner
Pa: Beirut, Django Django, Angelique Kidjo: Remain in Light, Rolling Blackouts CF, Ella Mai, Freya Ridings, Confidence Man, Flohio, Stella Donnelly
Ac: Joan Armatrading

Py: The Cure, Lana Del Rey, George Ezra, Kylie, Tom Odell, Corinne Bailey Rae, Nubya Garcia, Some Local Choir
OS: The Chemical Brothers, Hot Chip, Jess Glynne, Hozier, Tom Grennan, You Me at Six, Gerry Cinnamon, Drenge, Picture This
WH: Janelle Monae, Tash Sultana, Pusha T, Toots and the Maytals, Fatoumata Diawara, Sons of Kemet, Kikagaku Moyo, United Vibrations
JP: Chvrches, Years & Years, Mogwai, Kurt Vile & the Violators, Shame, Rosalia, Sam Fender, Another Sky, Dermot Kennedy
Pa: Young Fathers, Benjamin Clementine, Julia Holter, BC Camplight, Snail Mail, Sunflower Bean, Boy Azooga, Mattiel, 77:78
Ac: Mott the Hoople

As usual Dental, an intelligent and totally feasible prediction full of horrific clashes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

If you're lucky, Mott the Hoople will play somewhere near ya when they do a tour.

I don't think that lineup's quite as bad as you were fearing anyway. Sunday evening and Friday are pretty stacked for me, and as usual there's still enough going on the rest of the time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

I don't think that lineup's quite as bad as you were fearing anyway. Sunday evening and Friday are pretty stacked for me, and as usual there's still enough going on the rest of the time.

Yeah I decided to be a bit more optimistic. Amazing what the absence of Courteeners and The Kooks can do. :P

Just now realising that I have Gerry Cinnamon on a day he's otherwise engaged in London (unless he has a helicopter under that hat) and that I've completely bloody missed off TGTBTQ, FKA twigs and Twilight Sad (although they could play Williams Green quite comfortably) so coulda been a little bit better than the above.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Yeah I decided to be a bit more optimistic. Amazing what the absence of Courteeners and The Kooks can do. :P

Just now realising that I have Gerry Cinnamon on a day he's otherwise engaged in London (unless he has a helicopter under that hat) and that I've completely bloody missed off TGTBTQ, FKA twigs and Twilight Sad (although they could play Williams Green quite comfortably) so coulda been a little bit better than the above.

I love it. Esp the Park stage. And Hot Chip. And Let’s Eat Gramdma. Damn it, it’s all good. I don’t care about clashes in fantasy world. I’m gonna teleport from stage to stage.

Btw, you look different. Have you had something done to your hair? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Friday and Sunday look ace, Saturday is pretty bleak during the day.

Confidence Man and Rolling Blackouts are highlights 😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dentalplan said:

ok lets go

Py: Stormzy, Liam Gallagher, Solange, The Specials, The Wombats, Stefflon Don, Ibibio Sound Machine, Hacienda Classical
OS: Wolf Alice, Paolo Nutini, Interpol, Suede, Sigrid, Sundara Karma, Peace, Kate Nash, Doves
WH: Orbital, Jungle, The Internet, Nao, Neneh Cherry, The Comet is Coming, Imarhan, Hannah Peel Tubular Orchestra
JP: Thom Yorke TMB, Anne Marie, Greta Van Fleet, Beach House, Pale Waves, The Magic Gang, Let's Eat Grandma, King Princess, Foxing, Muncie Girls
Pa: Lykke Li, Idles, Mabel, Mitski, Jonathan Wilson, Baxter Dury, Jade Bird, Goat Girl, Middle Kids
Ac: Nick Mason's Saucerful of Secrets

Py: Paul McCartney, Christine & the Queens, Van Morrison, Rag 'n' Bone Man, The Proclaimers, Protoje, Ward Thomas, A Brass Band
OS: The Streets, Cardi B, Richard Ashcroft, Blossoms, Brockhampton, Miles Kane, Anna Calvi, The Amazons, Lewis Capaldi
WH: Wu Tang Clan, Jorja Smith, Chromeo, Bomba Estereo, Kali Uchis, Dele Sosimi Afrobeat Orchestra, Jain, Kokoko!
JP: Jon Hopkins, Friendly Fires, Kaytranada, Billie Eilish, Yungblud, Easy Life, Dream Wife, Sea Girls, Etc Winner
Pa: Beirut, Django Django, Angelique Kidjo: Remain in Light, Rolling Blackouts CF, Ella Mai, Freya Ridings, Confidence Man, Flohio, Stella Donnelly
Ac: Joan Armatrading

Py: The Cure, Lana Del Rey, George Ezra, Kylie, Tom Odell, Corinne Bailey Rae, Nubya Garcia, Some Local Choir
OS: The Chemical Brothers, Hot Chip, Jess Glynne, Hozier, Tom Grennan, You Me at Six, Gerry Cinnamon, Drenge, Picture This
WH: Janelle Monae, Tash Sultana, Pusha T, Toots and the Maytals, Fatoumata Diawara, Sons of Kemet, Kikagaku Moyo, United Vibrations
JP: Chvrches, Years & Years, Mogwai, Kurt Vile & the Violators, Shame, Rosalia, Sam Fender, Another Sky, Dermot Kennedy
Pa: Young Fathers, Benjamin Clementine, Julia Holter, BC Camplight, Snail Mail, Sunflower Bean, Boy Azooga, Mattiel, 77:78
Ac: Mott the Hoople

Hot Chip into Chemical Brothers would be quite the night out. I’m in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, dentalplan said:

JP: Thom Yorke TMB, Anne Marie, Greta Van Fleet, Beach House, Pale Waves, The Magic Gang, Let's Eat Grandma, King Princess, Foxing, Muncie Girls

Thom Yorke headlining The Park on Stormzy day, please please please!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Phoenix Girl said:

I love it. Esp the Park stage. And Hot Chip. And Let’s Eat Gramdma. Damn it, it’s all good. I don’t care about clashes in fantasy world. I’m gonna teleport from stage to stage.

Btw, you look different. Have you had something done to your hair? 

Yes I've put on a few over Christmas but eh, what ya gonna do...

 

Oh you mean my picture.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Friday and Sunday look ace, Saturday is pretty bleak during the day.

Friday - Orbital vs Nick Mason vs Thom Yorke = awful clash

Saturday - Macca vs Wu vs Hopkins = awful clash.

Sunday - Seen the chemical brothers a lot. Twice on that stage. They are the only act there that I am a fan of. I'd probably check The Cure out.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New year new prediction. Not been keeping up with things on here the past couple of weeks so apologies if there's anything that's been ruled out/doesn't work etc. Also nabbed a few ideas from Dental.

Py: Stormzy, Liam Gallagher, Solange, The Specials, Tom Odell, Stefflon Don, Salif Keita
OS: Wolf Alice, Jess Glynne, Hot Chip, The Wombats, Sigrid, Courtney Barnett, Gerry Cinnamon, The Amazons, Manic Street Preachers
WH: Orbital, Jungle, Pusha T, Toots & the Maytals, Ibeyi, Noname
JP: Doves, Friendly Fires, Greta Van Fleet, Billie Eilish, Pale Waves
Pa: Lykke Li, Neneh Cherry, Rosalia

Py: Paul McCartney, Christine & the Queens, Iggy Pop, Bombay Bicycle Club, The Proclaimers, Kamasi Washington, Joan Armatrading
OS: The Chemical Brothers, Cardi B, Richard Ashcroft, Blossoms, Anne-Marie, Tom Grennan, Miles Kane, Maggie Rogers, Nina Nesbitt
WH: Wu-Tang Clan, Chaka Khan, The John Butler Trio, Nao, Fatouma Diawara, Jain
JP: Silk City, Caribou, Dave, AJ Tracey, Shame
Pa: Idles, Django Django, Nadine Shah

Py: The Cure, The Streets, George Ezra, Kylie Minogue, Tash Sultana, Kacey Musgraves, Ezra Collective
OS: Disclosure, Paolo Nutini, Lily Allen, Brockhampton, Frank Carter & the Rattlesnakes, You Me at Six, The Coral, Kate Nash, Estrons
WH: Janelle Monáe, Jorja Smith, Chromeo, Laura Mvula, Kali Uchis, Sons of Kemet
JP: Chvrches, Years & Years, Kaytranada, Beach House, Car Seat Headrest
Pa: Young Fathers, Rex Orange County, Denzel Curry

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...