2019 Stage Predictions

dentalplan

2 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

its ya boi

Untitled.thumb.png.b135864934449c26b8d8e66f3f6c07b5.png

No Janelle would soften the blow of not having a ticket quite considerably but I think they'll be too desperate to get her for it not to happen, especially after she didn't bring The Electric Lady tour to the farm either. 

Also Sunday night is bleak af, surely put at least one of Courtney Barnett or Robyn against The Cure instead of Chems, PSB, Christine and Jungle.

“Too bleak. Add Courtney Barnett” is a new one.

e: I think Janelle Monae will be too busy to properly do this tour with all her film commitments as well. Same as Don Glover, if any fests get them it’s probably more likely close to home and higher paying.

Edited by dentalplan

I suspect Macca had the US tour lined up before G approached him, hence the odd looking Phoenix date.

We'll know either for sure soon if/when more tour dates are announced. If he announces a big European show at the start of July it will look nailed on.

On 10/9/2018 at 6:43 PM, Mattymooz said:

Post T-Day and I'm trying to numb the pain of missing out on tickets by doing another one of these:

Friday:
PY: Lady Gaga / Vampire Weekend / Paolo Nutini / Christine & The Queens / Boyzone / Chromeo / Shame / Soccer Mommy
OS: The Chemical Brothers / Silk City / Years & Years / Lily Allen / DMA's / Rex Orange County / Alina Baraz / Sping King / Bloc Party
WH: Skepta / Jorja Smith / The Internet / Loyle Carner / Tom Misch / Craig Charles (DJ Set) / Ebeneezer
JP: Ben Howard / Young Fathers / ??? / Drenge / Bad Sounds / Tove Styrke / Genghar
PK: Public Service Broadcasting / Tom Grennan / Ezra Furman / Confidence Man / KWAYE

Saturday:
PY: The Cure / Lana Del Rey / Weezer / Jungle / Tom Odell / Kamasi Washington / Nick Murphy / Blue Planet w/ The Halle Orchestra
OS: The Strees / Giggs / Courteeners / Anne-Marie / Sigrid / Miles Kane / Maggie Rodgers / Pale Waves / The Joy Formidable
WH: Friendly Fires / Robyn / Carly Rae Jepsen / Honne / Noname / Let's Eat Grandma
JP: Fatboy Slim / The Blaze / IAMDBB / MNEK / Yaeji / H.E.R / Rae Morris
PK: Courtney Barnett / Django Django / Superorganism / Lapsley / Blood Orange / Jade Bird

Sunday:
PY: Macca / Liam Gallagher / George Ezra / Kylie Minogue / Cage The Elephant / Sleaford Mods / Black Honey / The Hacienda Classical
OS: Travis Scott / Janelle Monae / Jess Glynne / Lykke Li / Ray BLK / Declan McKenna / Blaenavon / Fickle Friends / Tom Walker
WH: Jon Hopkins / Groove Armada / Vince Staples / Kali Uchis / LANY / Ezra Collective
JP: CHVRCHES / Mura Masa / Charli XCX / Brockhampton / NAO / Now, Now / Becky Hill
PK: My Bloody Valentine / Ash / Idles / Hookworms / Gerry Cinnamon / MisterWives

And in poster form:

GLASTO2.png

Give me a sunny afternoon on the Friday and you will find me schnoozing on WH to Loyle Carner and The Internet. I approve.

40 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

its ya boi

Untitled.thumb.png.b135864934449c26b8d8e66f3f6c07b5.png

edit: just realised this format is probably worthless to phone users. Sorry peeps.

Let's Eat Grandma > Protomartyr >  Everything Everything > Alex Cameron > Vaccines > Jamie xx > Courtney B

Omar Souleyman > Young Fathers > This Is The Kit >  Confidence Man > Beach Boys (big mike love fan here) > Streets > Kendrick

Black Midi > Hinds > Parquet Courts > SPECIAL GUESTS ( it's muse) > Superorganism > NAO > Unknown Mortal Orchestra (fuck off the idles clash tho) > Weezer > Chems

Sunday bangs.

6 minutes ago, jparx said:

A Muse secret set in the JPT could actually be ace. If it's just stripped back and they blast through a greatest hits set in an hour it could really be something else. 

Would reckon it would go down well and something like this. Usual set list but shorter. Would be amazing on JP. Hope you they do it.

Thought Contagion

Psycho

Plug in Baby

SBH

Dig Down

Starlight

Pressure 

Something Human

Time is Running Out 

Mercy

Madness

Uprising 

KoC

53 minutes ago, Mash011 said:

big mike love fan here

How does this even happen?

Just now, henry bear said:

It’s only Belgium though, they could be here in no time. 

They don't tend to put that much distance in from one night to the next. Their recent form for b2b dates is, like, Austria to Hungary or Sweden to Norway, etc. Happens for much younger acts not playing for hours but it seems unlikely for The Cure - and their tour dates so far are shaping up with plenty of inbetween days.

2 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

How does this even happen?

They don't tend to put that much distance in from one night to the next. Their recent form for b2b dates is, like, Austria to Hungary or Sweden to Norway, etc. Happens for much younger acts not playing for hours but it seems unlikely for The Cure - and their tour dates so far are shaping up with plenty of inbetween days.

I’m curious, do you think Cure will play Dental?

37 minutes ago, Doug85 said:

I've been debating where Christine and the Queens would play, did Other stage last time so a Pyramid daytime slot would be a decent shout unless higher up on John Peel?

Fourth down Friday Pyramid inbetween Post Malone and Chaka Khan I’ve got her/them

Edited by Rose-Colored Boy

45 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Come June we’ll be close to EU

16 minutes ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Fourth down Friday Pyramid inbetween Post Malone and Chaka Khan I’ve got her/them

Just now, RyanS said:

I think Pyramid before the Legend slot would be a great one for her. 

I think she/they would do well on the Pyramid. I'd like to see them and I think I would have more chance to if they are on during the day as to high up on JP or somewhere.