2019 Stage Predictions

dentalplan

9 hours ago, Supermerv said:

Lot of people putting the Streets headlining the Other stage, I think they'd struggle with anything bigger than JP. Original Pirate Material is a bona fide classic and A Grand Don't Come for Free is pretty good, but it doesn't make much sense if it's not played in order. Other than those two, their back catalogue is patchy at best, plus the fact I don't really think they're that relevant any more.

I'd watch them wherever they played though!

They are bigger than LCD Soundsystem.

• 3 weeks later...

there aren't many Other headliners in recent history that have packed out the field AFAIK.

ultimately going up against any popular headliner on the Pyramid, let alone the rest of the stages, will lead to that big open Other Stage field looking a bit miserable....

Alt-J and Boy Better Know last year were half-empty from what I'm told, and I don't know anyone that was at Major Lazer....

I was at New Order and LCD Soundsystem and the crowd for both was back just past the sound-desk (not surprising as they were up against Adele and Coldplay). no idea about Disclosure on the Friday.

Chems were busy against an irrelevant Who, don't know how actually busy Deadmau5 and Rudimental were.

if they were to headline the Other, I'd imagine they'll be like most acts, half-fill the field (depending on who they're up against).

Other headliner is a bit of a poisoned-chalice really IMO.

2 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Started to write a set of predictions before realising that I don't actually know enough bands these days to fill all the stages.

This is what happens when you have kids.

I thought all these predictions are the same artists but in different orders and on different stages. There’s probably an app that does it for you.

• Upvote 1

Post T-Day and I'm trying to numb the pain of missing out on tickets by doing another one of these:

Friday:
PY: Lady Gaga / Vampire Weekend / Paolo Nutini / Christine & The Queens / Boyzone / Chromeo / Shame / Soccer Mommy
OS: The Chemical Brothers / Silk City / Years & Years / Lily Allen / DMA's / Rex Orange County / Alina Baraz / Sping King / Bloc Party
WH: Skepta / Jorja Smith / The Internet / Loyle Carner / Tom Misch / Craig Charles (DJ Set) / Ebeneezer
JP: Ben Howard / Young Fathers / ??? / Drenge / Bad Sounds / Tove Styrke / Genghar
PK: Public Service Broadcasting / Tom Grennan / Ezra Furman / Confidence Man / KWAYE

Saturday:
PY: The Cure / Lana Del Rey / Weezer / Jungle / Tom Odell / Kamasi Washington / Nick Murphy / Blue Planet w/ The Halle Orchestra
OS: The Strees / Giggs / Courteeners / Anne-Marie / Sigrid / Miles Kane / Maggie Rodgers / Pale Waves / The Joy Formidable
WH: Friendly Fires / Robyn / Carly Rae Jepsen / Honne / Noname / Let's Eat Grandma
JP: Fatboy Slim / The Blaze / IAMDBB / MNEK / Yaeji / H.E.R / Rae Morris
PK: Courtney Barnett / Django Django / Superorganism / Lapsley / Blood Orange / Jade Bird

Sunday:
PY: Macca / Liam Gallagher / George Ezra / Kylie Minogue / Cage The Elephant / Sleaford Mods / Black Honey / The Hacienda Classical
OS: Travis Scott / Janelle Monae / Jess Glynne / Lykke Li / Ray BLK / Declan McKenna / Blaenavon / Fickle Friends / Tom Walker
WH: Jon Hopkins / Groove Armada / Vince Staples / Kali Uchis / LANY / Ezra Collective
JP: CHVRCHES / Mura Masa / Charli XCX / Brockhampton / NAO / Now, Now / Becky Hill
PK: My Bloody Valentine / Ash / Idles / Hookworms / Gerry Cinnamon / MisterWives

And in poster form:

GLASTO2.png

• Upvote 4

5 hours ago, ghostdancer1 said:

there aren't many Other headliners in recent history that have packed out the field AFAIK.

ultimately going up against any popular headliner on the Pyramid, let alone the rest of the stages, will lead to that big open Other Stage field looking a bit miserable....

Alt-J and Boy Better Know last year were half-empty from what I'm told, and I don't know anyone that was at Major Lazer....

I was at New Order and LCD Soundsystem and the crowd for both was back just past the sound-desk (not surprising as they were up against Adele and Coldplay). no idea about Disclosure on the Friday.

Chems were busy against an irrelevant Who, don't know how actually busy Deadmau5 and Rudimental were.

if they were to headline the Other, I'd imagine they'll be like most acts, half-fill the field (depending on who they're up against).

Other headliner is a bit of a poisoned-chalice really IMO.

Rudimental was fairly busy, Major Lazer was busy but spacious

43 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Post T-Day and I'm trying to numb the pain of missing out on tickets by doing another one of these:

Friday:
PY: Lady Gaga / Vampire Weekend / Paolo Nutini / Christine & The Queens / Boyzone / Chromeo / Shame / Soccer Mommy
OS: The Chemical Brothers / Silk City / Years & Years / Lily Allen / DMA's / Rex Orange County / Alina Baraz / Sping King / Bloc Party
WH: Skepta / Jorja Smith / The Internet / Loyle Carner / Tom Misch / Craig Charles (DJ Set) / Ebeneezer
JP: Ben Howard / Young Fathers / ??? / Drenge / Bad Sounds / Tove Styrke / Genghar
PK: Public Service Broadcasting / Tom Grennan / Ezra Furman / Confidence Man / KWAYE

Saturday:
PY: The Cure / Lana Del Rey / Weezer / Jungle / Tom Odell / Kamasi Washington / Nick Murphy / Blue Planet w/ The Halle Orchestra
OS: The Strees / Giggs / Courteeners / Anne-Marie / Sigrid / Miles Kane / Maggie Rodgers / Pale Waves / The Joy Formidable
WH: Friendly Fires / Robyn / Carly Rae Jepsen / Honne / Noname / Let's Eat Grandma
PK: Courtney Barnett / Django Django / Superorganism / Lapsley / Blood Orange / Jade Bird

Sunday:
PY: Macca / Liam Gallagher / George Ezra / Kylie Minogue / Cage The Elephant / Sleaford Mods / Black Honey / The Hacienda Classical
OS: Travis Scott / Janelle Monae / Jess Glynne / Lykke Li / Ray BLK / Declan McKenna / Blaenavon / Fickle Friends / Tom Walker
WH: Jon Hopkins / Groove Armada / Vince Staples / Kali Uchis / LANY / Ezra Collective
JP: CHVRCHES / Mura Masa / Charli XCX / Brockhampton / NAO / Now, Now / Becky Hill
PK: My Bloody Valentine / Ash / Idles / Hookworms / Gerry Cinnamon / MisterWives

And in poster form:

GLASTO2.png

Nice work! Neil has Hacienda Classical TBC for Friday though, don’t know how concrete that is.

5 minutes ago, henry bear said:

nice work! Neil has Hacienda Classical TBC for Friday though, don’t know how concrete that is.

Can’t see why hacienda classical would be in exactly the same spot again! 

I know there was an interview on Radio X saying they were playing again but can’t remember the Friday/Pyramid line.  (Suppose Neil May have had some other info too)

1 hour ago, Mattymooz said:

Friday:

Saturday:

Sunday:

Hmm it's a very young lineup with fairly few acts with more than a couple of albums - giving R+L a run for it's money in that sense - but it's certainly getting there.

1 hour ago, Mattymooz said:

Friday:
PY: Lady Gaga / Vampire WeekendPaolo Nutini / Christine & The Queens / Boyzone / Chromeo / Shame / Soccer Mommy

Saturday:

Sunday:

And in poster form:

GLASTO2.png

Ads by Kiosked

I'd down with this. Chems (who I love)  for the fourth time at Glastonbury vs Gaga who I might love, like or hate is a tough clash.

56 minutes ago, sisco said:

Can’t see why hacienda classical would be in exactly the same spot again! 

I know there was an interview on Radio X saying they were playing again but can’t remember the Friday/Pyramid line.  (Suppose Neil May have had some other info too)

Dunno why we're assuming them being TBC means they'll open the pyramid again. Y'all know there are other stages, right?

29 minutes ago, Mash011 said:

Dunno why we're assuming them being TBC means they'll open the pyramid again. Y'all know there are other stages, right?

Because they’re down as TBC Friday Pyramid....

But cheers for letting me know there’s other stages, who knew!

Edited by sisco

2 hours ago, Mattymooz said:

Friday:

Saturday:

Sunday:

And in poster form:

GLASTO2.png

TCBro's and Gaga would be the most bizarre and frustrating clash I've had!

58 minutes ago, sisco said:

Because they’re down as TBC Friday Pyramid....

But cheers for letting me know there’s other stages, who knew!

Personally I think they'll play a little higher but I doubt it'll be loads of difference. I think it's one one of those things to be on early and get things going. 

Bloody Mash!...usual knob.