2019 Stage Predictions

dentalplan

7 hours ago, Matt42 said:

I agree with this but in a different way. Festivals are taking the punt on him this year because he’s selling well and current in a year where a lot of the big hitters seem to be taking time off. Ezra is indeed the type of act that does well when there is little competition.

Soo fests just aren’t gonna bump up acts now? And if they do it’s cos Kasabian’s off the road?

"George Ezra is boring" is hilarious to me. I've seen god knows how many acts at Rock City and his show had the most energy of any by a fucking mile. I bought tickets as a gift to my girlfriend so I was just observing the crowd and didn't know many of the tunes, but I couldn't help but be impressed. He may not be to your taste and most here may find him boring, but he won't bore the Pyramid crowd and he'll be one of the highlights of the weekend to the mainstream crowd. Guaranteed.

He also plays baritone guitars which is pretty kewl.

Edited by jparx
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Soo fests just aren’t gonna bump up acts now? And if they do it’s cos Kasabian’s off the road?

Eh? What you on about chum?

Ezra has had a successful album and festivals are giving him a go. What I’m saying is he is lucky this year as the festival market doesn’t seem that diverse and much of the big bands seem to be taking time off.

9 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Eh? What you on about chum?

Ezra has had a successful album and festivals are giving him a go. What I’m saying is he is lucky this year as the festival market doesn’t seem that diverse and much of the big bands seem to be taking time off.

Yes, but you’re suggesting that he’s getting these spots at festivals because bigger artists aren’t about, right? I don’t agree with that. It’s true for Noel and Biffy and whoever either being bumped up or maintaining the status for no reason but Ezra becoming a festival headliner seems like a considered option to make hay on his massive sales.

2 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Yes, but you’re suggesting that he’s getting these spots at festivals because bigger artists aren’t about, right? I don’t agree with that. It’s true for Noel and Biffy and whoever either being bumped up or maintaining the status for no reason but Ezra becoming a festival headliner seems like a considered option to make hay on his massive sales.

Oh come I don’t mean that as the sole reason. What I mean is that clearly this year for Ezra he’s in the right spot at the right time.

1 hour ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Gambino would do Sunday most likely with a rock act on Friday sub to mix things up like usual. 

If Gambino says yes he'll be Friday, the fest have highlighted very early on that having him under Stormzy would be ideal in that situation. Not having Tame Impala clashing would be ideal too but don't get it all. I'm hoping he says no, Catfish sub and Liam has moved to Saturday due to The Killers.

2 hours ago, priest17 said:

All aboard the #GambinoFridaySub train

It'll be my night if so to hit Shangri La early and enjoy is a bit quieter. What I'm hoping for is Tame Impala closing Sunday Other and Catfish closing Other Friday. Janet is going to be sub or 3rd Sunday Pyramid as it's not worth her while to be lower, Ezra we are all assuming will be Sunday and its probably likely so the only way Catfish play that day I'd say is if Ezra doesn't make it and returns to sub next year.

12 hours ago, jparx said:

"George Ezra is boring" is hilarious to me. I've seen god knows how many acts at Rock City and his show had the most energy of any by a fucking mile. I bought tickets as a gift to my girlfriend so I was just observing the crowd and didn't know many of the tunes, but I couldn't help but be impressed. He may not be to your taste and most here may find him boring, but he won't bore the Pyramid crowd and he'll be one of the highlights of the weekend to the mainstream crowd. Guaranteed.

He also plays baritone guitars which is pretty kewl.

He does seem like a boring bastard from what I’ve seen. Nice enough bloke I’m sure but still a boring bastard. The brits the other night, boring bastard, nice bloke, boring bastard.

No personality no deal.

Sunday nailed on

• 2 weeks later...

So.... as we’re all guessing today I thought I’d retrieve this page instead.  I’m terrible at these predictions and don’t know enough to even delve into all the stages but:

Pyramid

Stormzy, Ms Lauren Hill, Iggy Pop

The Cure, Liam Gallagher, Jess Glynne

The Killers, Vampire Weekend, Janet Jackson, Kylie

Other

Tame Impala, Two Door Cinema Club, Years & Years

The Streets (replacing The Prodigy), The Courteeners

The Chemical Brothers, Christine and the Queens, Richard Ashcroft

Edited by sisco

22 minutes ago, sisco said:

So.... as we’re all guessing today I thought I’d retrieve this page instead.  I’m terrible at these predictions and don’t know enough to even delve into all the stages but:

Pyramid

Other

The Streets jumping in to headline Other is quite realistic tbh. Lauryn Hill I believe may be a risk due to her lateness on stage. Iggy Pop never seems to do it when around so leaving him out. 

Stormzy, Catfish, 

Tame Impala, TDCC, Jess Glynne

The Killers, Liam Gallagher, Vampire Weekend, Richard Ashcroft

The Streets, Courteeners, Y&Y

The Cure, Janet J, Ezra, Kylie

The Chems Bros, C&TQ

Edited by thewayiam

21 minutes ago, sisco said:

Pyramid

Other

I just can't see The Courteeners clashing with LG. As much as I couldn't give a fuck about Liam Fray and the likely lads, I think it would be short sighted and actually a little harsh to clash the two. The fanbases almost exactly overlap and the vast majority will plump for LG on the Pyramid imo. 

Rest looks good. Think it's already been mentioned on here but it would seem very strange to have both Chems and Prodigy headlining the Other, too similar. I'm not sure though, it's been a strange day.

Thought I'd give this one last crack before the Poster drops (hopefully soon). 

FRIDAY

Pyramid - Stormzy, Childish Gambino, Iggy Pop, Kaiser Chiefs, Hozier, Billie Eilish, Tom Misch, Local Band

Other - Tame Impala, Two Door Cinema Club, Richard Ashcroft, Of Monsters & Men, Miles Kane, Michael Kiwanuka, Superorganism, Parquet Courts, Franz Ferdinand

West Holts - Silk City, Jorja Smith, Maribou State, Rosalia, Loyle Carner, Getto Kumbe, Karkhana

John Peel - Suede, Interpol, Sophie, Slaves, Mumford & Sons (secret set), The Amazons, Tom Walker, Drange, Slowthai, ETC Winner

The Park - Ocean Colour Scene, Public Service Broadcasting, Neneh Cherry, Mitski, Mavis Staples, Lewis Capaldi, Snail Mail, Sports Team

SATURDAY

Pyramid - The Cure, Liam Gallagher, Janet Jackson, Jess Glynne, The Vaccines, Sigrid, KT Tunstall, David Attenborough 

Other - The Streets, Courteeners, James Blake, Editors, Frank Turner & the Sleeping Souls, The Hives, Declan McKenna, Flogging Molly, Teleman

West Holts - Wu-Tang Clan, Jungle, The Cat Empire, Denzel Curry, Fatoumata Diawara, Gaye Su Akyol, Jpegmafia 

John Peel - Hot Chip, Enter Shikari, Chromeo, Idles, Foals (secret set), Pale Waves, Yungblud, Sea Girls, Clean Cut Kid

The Park - The Goods The Bad & The Queen, Four Tet, Tash Sultana, Charlotte Gainsbourg, Tom Grennan, Julien Baker, Jade Bird, Dean Lewis

SUNDAY

Pyramid - The Killers, George Ezra, Christine & the Queens, Kylie, James Bay, Tom Odell, Fun Lovin' Criminals, Local Brass Band

Other - The Chemical Brothers, Vampire Weekend, Years & Years, Anne-Marie, Doves, Kurt Vile, The Joy Formidable, Confidence Man, Amber Arcades

West Holts - Janelle Monae, Jon Hopkins, Lizzo, Khruangbin, Stefflon Don, The Garifuna Collective, Nakhane

John Peel - Chvrches, Nothing but Thieves, Twin Atlantic, Courtney Barnett, Deaf Havana, Aurora, Sam Fender, Octavian

The Park - Ben Harper, Sharon Van Etten, Anna Calvi, John Grant, Sofi Tukker, Black Honey, Parcels, Alma 

Edited by 01seb
  • Upvote 4

1 hour ago, 01seb said:

FRIDAY

Pyramid - Stormzy, Childish Gambino, Iggy Pop, Kaiser Chiefs, Hozier, Billie Eilish, Tom Misch, Local Band

Other - Tame Impala, Two Door Cinema Club, Richard Ashcroft, Of Monsters & Men, Miles Kane, Michael Kiwanuka, Superorganism, Parquet Courts, Franz Ferdinand

West Holts - Silk City, Jorja Smith, Maribou State, Rosalia, Loyle Carner, Getto Kumbe, Karkhana

John Peel - Suede, Interpol, Sophie, Slaves, Mumford & Sons (secret set), The Amazons, Tom Walker, Drange, Slowthai, ETC Winner

The Park - Ocean Colour Scene, Public Service Broadcasting, Neneh Cherry, Mitski, Mavis Staples, Lewis Capaldi, Snail Mail, Sports Team

SATURDAY

Pyramid - The Cure, Liam Gallagher, Janet Jackson, Jess Glynne, The Vaccines, Sigrid, KT Tunstall, David Attenborough 

Other - The Streets, Courteeners, James Blake, Editors, Frank Turner & the Sleeping Souls, The Hives, Declan McKenna, Flogging Molly, Teleman

West Holts - Wu-Tang Clan, Jungle, The Cat Empire, Denzel Curry, Fatoumata Diawara, Gaye Su Akyol, Jpegmafia 

John Peel - Hot Chip, Enter Shikari, Chromeo, Idles, Foals (secret set), Pale Waves, Yungblud, Sea Girls, Clean Cut Kid

The Park - The Goods The Bad & The Queen, Four Tet, Tash Sultana, Charlotte Gainsbourg, Tom Grennan, Julien Baker, Jade Bird, Dean Lewis

SUNDAY

Pyramid - The Killers, George Ezra, Christine & the Queens, Kylie, James Bay, Tom Odell, Fun Lovin' Criminals, Local Brass Band

Other - The Chemical Brothers, Vampire Weekend, Years & Years, Anne-Marie, Doves, Kurt Vile, The Joy Formidable, Confidence Man, Amber Arcades

West Holts - Janelle Monae, Jon Hopkins, Lizzo, Khruangbin, Stefflon Don, The Garifuna Collective, Nakhane

John Peel - Chvrches, Nothing but Thieves, Twin Atlantic, Courtney Barnett, Deaf Havana, Aurora, Sam Fender, Octavian

The Park - Ben Harper, Sharon Van Etten, Anna Calvi, John Grant, Sofi Tukker, Black Honey, Parcels, Alma 

I will go with that but there are some acts missing from the lineup and they are Bastille, chirca waves. 

5 hours ago, 01seb said:

FRIDAY

SATURDAY

SUNDAY

This guy gets it.

Slowthai into Drenge is a great shout as well. Could stop watching bands on Friday if we got this.

I’m also baffled by the hype of George Ezra I don’t think he should even be considered for a sub spot never mind headline!

Adele & Ed Sheeran on a whole other level to him... the only one that come close is Sam Smith and I think he’s killed any chance of that since his new found love of being OTT and over confident... he was loved for his voice and his humbleness... the latter unfortunately has gone - that’s coming from a big Sam smith fan?