Jump to content
dentalplan

2019 Stage Predictions

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, vintagelaureate said:

Thought I'd give it a little go... struggled to be honest, especially with The Park! What a mammoth job the actual bookers have!

Hmm well - Park aside - the acts look about right even if the placings might be a little off.

The Black Keys (though they would be higher) is an interesting shout. They must be due to come back from the wilderness very shortly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

Hmm well - Park aside - the acts look about right even if the placings might be a little off.

The Black Keys (though they would be higher) is an interesting shout. They must be due to come back from the wilderness very shortly.

I was wondering about this the other day. Auberbach's on a solo tour atm but hopefully they get back to the studio after that.

https://www.spin.com/2017/10/dan-auerbach-2018-tour-dates/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pyramid probs needs some more old people on it but cba to think of any.

Friday:
Pyramid: Kendrick Lamar / Stormzy / CHVRCHES / Courteeners / J-Hus / King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard
Other: Catfish and the Bottlemen / The War on Drugs / Years and Years / Franz Ferdinand / Everything Everything
West Holts: Jon Hopkins / Young Fathers / IamDBB
John Peel: FKA Twigs / Charli XCX / Car Seat Headrest / Kate Nash
Park: My Bloody Valentine / The Breeders / tUnE-yArDs / Hookworms / Albert Hammond Jr.

Saturday:
Pyramid: Arctic Monkeys / The 1975 / Janelle Monáe / Father John Misty / Solange
Other: Björk / James Blake / The Kooks / The Wombats / BROCKHAMPTON / Frank Carter and the Rattlesnakes / Pale Waves
West Holts: Run-DMC / Chaka Khan / Khruangbin
John Peel: Alabama Shakes / Lily Allen / Sigrid
Park: Caribou / Superorganism / Yaeji / Parquet Courts / Soccer Mommy

Sunday:
Pyramid: Madonna / Sam Smith / Dua Lipa / Cher / Mura Masa / Kamasi Washington
Other: Jamie xx / Vampire Weekend / James Bay / St. Vincent / Krept x Konan / Portugal. The Man / Fickle Friends
West Holts: Jorja Smith / Loyle Carner / Toots and the Maytals
John Peel: The Vaccines / Editors / The Horrors
Park: Courtney Barnett / Django Django / Rex Orange County / Jehnny Beth

 

Edit: With their Green Man headline slot King Giz might be placed too low, actually. Wonder if they could get given a Pyramid slot.

Edit 2: Yeah fuck it shifted em from 6th Other Friday to 6th Pyramid Friday.

Edited by Gucci Piggy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why are Brockhampton fifth down Other lol whose mans is this???

Look pretty legit though. A few too many 2017 repeats however. Plus  you have Parquet Courts lower than they played in 2014, and James Blake higher than James Bay. And I don’t think Mura Masa is gonna go from mid-afternoon Sonic to mid-afternoon Pyramid in a couple of years either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Pyramid probs needs some more old people on it but cba to think of any.

Friday:
Pyramid: Kendrick Lamar / Stormzy / CHVRCHES / Courteeners / J-Hus / King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard
Other: Catfish and the Bottlemen / The War on Drugs / Years and Years / Franz Ferdinand / Everything Everything
West Holts: Jon Hopkins / Young Fathers / IamDBB
John Peel: FKA Twigs / Charli XCX / Car Seat Headrest / Kate Nash
Park: My Bloody Valentine / The Breeders / tUnE-yArDs / Hookworms / Albert Hammond Jr.

Saturday:
Pyramid: Arctic Monkeys / The 1975 / Janelle Monáe / Father John Misty / Solange
Other: Björk / James Blake / The Kooks / The Wombats / BROCKHAMPTON / Frank Carter and the Rattlesnakes / Pale Waves
West Holts: Run-DMC / Chaka Khan / Khruangbin
John Peel: Alabama Shakes / Lily Allen / Sigrid
Park: Caribou / Superorganism / Yaeji / Parquet Courts / Soccer Mommy

Sunday:
Pyramid: Madonna / Sam Smith / Dua Lipa / Cher / Mura Masa / Kamasi Washington
Other: Jamie xx / Vampire Weekend / James Bay / St. Vincent / Krept x Konan / Portugal. The Man / Fickle Friends
West Holts: Jorja Smith / Loyle Carner / Toots and the Maytals
John Peel: The Vaccines / Editors / The Horrors
Park: Courtney Barnett / Django Django / Rex Orange County / Jehnny Beth

 

Edit: With their Green Man headline slot King Giz might be placed too low, actually. Wonder if they could get given a Pyramid slot.

Edit 2: Yeah fuck it shifted em from 6th Other Friday to 6th Pyramid Friday.

Don't make Catfish and MBV clash you penis 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Why are Brockhampton fifth down Other lol whose mans is this???

Look pretty legit though. A few too many 2017 repeats however. Plus  you have Parquet Courts lower than they played in 2014, and James Blake higher than James Bay. And I don’t think Mura Masa is gonna go from mid-afternoon Sonic to mid-afternoon Pyramid in a couple of years either.

Had them 4th down JP at first but I dunno how big they are really.

Fair on those other points but I don't think James Blake above James Bay is that mad. Wouldn't be surprised at all to see James Bay's return panning out like George Ezra's and no one really caring.

Don't know owt about Mura Masa. Just seen people predicting him for stuff like Radio One headliner at R&L and assumed he was a p big thing now. Guess just shove him somewhere on Other or JP instead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

Don't make Catfish and MBV clash you penis 

Sorry. Swap Catfish with Soccer Mommy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Had them 4th down JP at first but I dunno how big they are really.

Fair on those other points but I don't think James Blake above James Bay is that mad. Wouldn't be surprised at all to see James Bay's return panning out like George Ezra's and no one really caring.

Don't know owt about Mura Masa. Just seen people predicting him for stuff like Radio One headliner at R&L and assumed he was a p big thing now. Guess just shove him somewhere on Other or JP instead.

Yeah I was just trying to point out James Blake was a bit high on there, not really anything to do with James Bay except the name similarities. Mind you, it doesn’t seem that odd thinking on.

 

I see The War on Drugs have announced a few European shows for winter so I actually could see them playing UK arenas (possibly just the O2) before the year is out. That’s next year’s Saturday conoisseurs Pyramid sub sorted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

Yeah I was just trying to point out James Blake was a bit high on there, not really anything to do with James Bay except the name similarities. Mind you, it doesn’t seem that odd thinking on.

 

I see The War on Drugs have announced a few European shows for winter so I actually could see them playing UK arenas (possibly just the O2) before the year is out. That’s next year’s Saturday conoisseurs Pyramid sub sorted.

Seems like an obvious next placement for him to me; not that much of a step up from WH headliner, surely?

Tbh I thought TWoD were gonna get bigger from the release of their last album. Was expecting them to headline Latitude for a bit, and if they'd got bookings like that then of course I'd think Pyramid sub would be fine. APE sub for The National and headlining at Green Man doesn't say Pyramid sub to me, though (acts in the equivalent slots this year being Patti Smith, The Hunna, Fleet Foxes and King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard - though I think I remember reading that the Catfish APE gig is cheaper than the rest so maybe you can ignore The Hunna there).

I mean loads of people didn't think The National were big enough to sub last year and TWoD are a National support act this Summer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Gucci Piggy said:

Seems like an obvious next placement for him to me; not that much of a step up from WH headliner, surely?

Tbh I thought TWoD were gonna get bigger from the release of their last album. Was expecting them to headline Latitude for a bit, and if they'd got bookings like that then of course I'd think Pyramid sub would be fine. APE sub for The National and headlining at Green Man doesn't say Pyramid sub to me, though (acts in the equivalent slots this year being Patti Smith, The Hunna, Fleet Foxes and King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard - though I think I remember reading that the Catfish APE gig is cheaper than the rest so maybe you can ignore The Hunna there).

I mean loads of people didn't think The National were big enough to sub last year and TWoD are a National support act this Summer.

Dunno. Depends if he merits a step up.

Re: TWOD; Beck is subbing APE tho, and Fleet Foxes headlined Latitude and are now headlining alongside TWOD at Green Man so I think they could’ve headlined Latitude really. Also (if TWOD stepped up their venues on this tour) you could say similar happened with Tame Impala on Currents; headlined EOTR, didn’t headline Bestival, did some arenas then subbed Glasto. I’m not really married to that prediction but it’s striking me as a possibility as we have been through the likes of Tame Impala, The National, Beck - and to some extent Jack White and Nick Cave at a point - where they aren’t immensely popular artists like the three subs you’ve suggested but they get chosen to do so by the festival. Pretty much why I chose Janelle Monáe and Iggy Pop as subs on my last predo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Seems like an obvious next placement for him to me; not that much of a step up from WH headliner, surely?

Tbh I thought TWoD were gonna get bigger from the release of their last album. Was expecting them to headline Latitude for a bit, and if they'd got bookings like that then of course I'd think Pyramid sub would be fine. APE sub for The National and headlining at Green Man doesn't say Pyramid sub to me, though (acts in the equivalent slots this year being Patti Smith, The Hunna, Fleet Foxes and King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard - though I think I remember reading that the Catfish APE gig is cheaper than the rest so maybe you can ignore The Hunna there).

I mean loads of people didn't think The National were big enough to sub last year and TWoD are a National support act this Summer.

Yeah I agree on both points. James Blake playing mid-afternoon would seem a bit odd so I think he suits Other sub perfectly. Suppose he could headline John Peel but it can't be a coincidence he's played Glastonbury 4 times and they've all either been in a tent or later on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Dunno. Depends if he merits a step up.

Re: TWOD; Beck is subbing APE tho, and Fleet Foxes headlined Latitude and are now headlining alongside TWOD at Green Man so I think they could’ve headlined Latitude really. Also (if TWOD stepped up their venues on this tour) you could say similar happened with Tame Impala on Currents; headlined EOTR, didn’t headline Bestival, did some arenas then subbed Glasto. I’m not really married to that prediction but it’s striking me as a possibility as we have been through the likes of Tame Impala, The National, Beck - and to some extent Jack White and Nick Cave at a point - where they aren’t immensely popular artists like the three subs you’ve suggested but they get chosen to do so by the festival. Pretty much why I chose Janelle Monáe and Iggy Pop as subs on my last predo.

Aye fair enough on all that. I wouldn't be shocked if they subbed tbh.

2 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

Yeah I agree on both points. James Blake playing mid-afternoon would seem a bit odd so I think he suits Other sub perfectly. Suppose he could headline John Peel but it can't be a coincidence he's played Glastonbury 4 times and they've all either been in a tent or later on.

Yeah I was gonna say if they don't think he merits a step up from WH headliner then JP headliner is the only other placing I could see. Three consecutive appearances headlining Park, WH and JP seems a bit dull, though. He'd basically be a house act rotating around headline slots on the three similar sized stages.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Dunno. Depends if he merits a step up.

Re: TWOD; Beck is subbing APE tho, and Fleet Foxes headlined Latitude and are now headlining alongside TWOD at Green Man so I think they could’ve headlined Latitude really. Also (if TWOD stepped up their venues on this tour) you could say similar happened with Tame Impala on Currents; headlined EOTR, didn’t headline Bestival, did some arenas then subbed Glasto. I’m not really married to that prediction but it’s striking me as a possibility as we have been through the likes of Tame Impala, The National, Beck - and to some extent Jack White and Nick Cave at a point - where they aren’t immensely popular artists like the three subs you’ve suggested but they get chosen to do so by the festival. Pretty much why I chose Janelle Monáe and Iggy Pop as subs on my last predo.

Well if Latitude headliner is what it takes then in theory Solange could sub Glasto, which seems outrageous imo

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mattymooz said:

Well if Latitude headliner is what it takes then in theory Solange could sub Glasto, which seems outrageous imo

Tbf I think that was just a response to me saying "I thought they'd headline Latitude but they fell short", rather than using it as proof they could sub Glasto.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mattymooz said:

Well if Latitude headliner is what it takes then in theory Solange could sub Glasto, which seems outrageous imo

With a new album that wouldn't seem outrageous. She subbed West Holts on the album she's currently touring though so it would be as it stands. Anyway nobody is saying Latitude headliner is what it takes to sub Glastonbury, just so we're clear - I was just saying that The War on Drugs are big enough that they could've taken a Latitude headline slot.

8 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

Yeah I agree on both points. James Blake playing mid-afternoon would seem a bit odd so I think he suits Other sub perfectly. Suppose he could headline John Peel but it can't be a coincidence he's played Glastonbury 4 times and they've all either been in a tent or later on.

How does an act 'suit Other sub perfectly'? He is great on a massive stage while it's still quite sunny but it's getting a bit chilly? :P I dunno where I'd have him placed but just seems a bit of a bridge too far. Wouldn't be surprised though, especially if the next album really takes off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, dentalplan said:

How does an act 'suit Other sub perfectly'? He is great on a massive stage while it's still quite sunny but it's getting a bit chilly? :P I dunno where I'd have him placed but just seems a bit of a bridge too far. Wouldn't be surprised though, especially if the next album really takes off.

I worded that badly but as you say he's not going to play higher than that, and he won't headline West Holts or The Park again, so that seems the best slot for him if he's going to be on one of the big two stages. The festival must like him given he's headlined two stages already so it doesn't seem unreasonable to think they might give him another push next year too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kingcrawler said:

I worded that badly but as you say he's not going to play higher than that, and he won't headline West Holts or The Park again, so that seems the best slot for him if he's going to be on one of the big two stages. The festival must like him given he's headlined two stages already so it doesn't seem unreasonable to think they might give him another push next year too.

Yeah I don’t think I had him in my prediction and I’m moving TWOD out of the Other sub slot so I’m down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, dentalplan said:

A few too many 2017 repeats however.

Checked this out a bit because I wondered how much there being a fallow year in between would affect this and 2013 had a lot of repeats from 2011, including (in the slots I covered in my prediction):

Pyramid: Mumford and Sons, Primal Scream, The Vaccines, Jake Bugg, Professor Green, Billy Bragg

Other: Chase and Status, Example, Two Door Cinema Club, Tame Impala, I Am Kloot

West Holts: Maverick Sabre

John Peel: Crystal Castles, Hurts, Everything Everything, James Blake

Park: The Horrors

Mine has 7 on Pyramid, 1 on Other, 3 on WH (realised after I posted it that Khruangbin already did WH in 2017 though so removed em, and I included Toots because of their WH set last year not happening), 2 on JP, 1 on Park, so not too dissimilar really. Cba to check but I'm assuming this is more than they repeat in most years (especially with acts in the top 2 of the Pyramid and Other headliners).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Checked this out a bit because I wondered how much there being a fallow year in between would affect this and 2013 had a lot of repeats from 2011, including (in the slots I covered in my prediction):

Pyramid: Mumford and Sons, Primal Scream, The Vaccines, Jake Bugg, Professor Green, Billy Bragg

Other: Chase and Status, Example, Two Door Cinema Club, Tame Impala, I Am Kloot

West Holts: Maverick Sabre

John Peel: Crystal Castles, Hurts, Everything Everything, James Blake

Park: The Horrors

Mine has 7 on Pyramid, 1 on Other, 3 on WH (realised after I posted it that Khruangbin already did WH in 2017 though so removed em, and I included Toots because of their WH set last year not happening), 2 on JP, 1 on Park, so not too dissimilar really. Cba to check but I'm assuming this is more than they repeat in most years (especially with acts in the top 2 of the Pyramid and Other headliners).

Fair enough. Personally I understand it with quite a few acts hat are decent-enough space-fillers or rapidly up-and-coming artists (there are repeats in my prediction as well) but you don't really wanna overdo the likes of King Gizzard and Father John and Solange until they just become part of the furniture like Everything Everything or something.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guessing the likes of Snow Patrol, Bloc Party and Christine and the Queens could take up fairly high positions next year.  Sure that’ll cheer people up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, sisco said:

Guessing the likes of Snow Patrol, Bloc Party and Christine and the Queens could take up fairly high positions next year.  Sure that’ll cheer people up.

Christine and the Queens probably gonna be in a big slot, yeah. Rob Da Bank was on about trying to get them as Bestival headliners so judging by this year that’d put them at around John Peel headliners or mid-Pyramid.

Bloc Party maybe if they’ll take a low Other Stage slot or something. Can’t see Snow Patrol featuring if they weren’t handed a slot at any other point since 2004.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/14/2018 at 1:30 PM, Gucci Piggy said:

Pyramid probs needs some more old people on it but cba to think of any.

Friday:
Pyramid: Kendrick Lamar / Stormzy / CHVRCHES / Courteeners / J-Hus / King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard
Other: Catfish and the Bottlemen / The War on Drugs / Years and Years / Franz Ferdinand / Everything Everything
West Holts: Jon Hopkins / Young Fathers / IamDBB
John Peel: FKA Twigs / Charli XCX / Car Seat Headrest / Kate Nash
Park: My Bloody Valentine / The Breeders / tUnE-yArDs / Hookworms / Albert Hammond Jr.

Saturday:
Pyramid: Arctic Monkeys / The 1975 / Janelle Monáe / Father John Misty / Solange
Other: Björk / James Blake / The Kooks / The Wombats / BROCKHAMPTON / Frank Carter and the Rattlesnakes / Pale Waves
West Holts: Run-DMC / Chaka Khan / Khruangbin
John Peel: Alabama Shakes / Lily Allen / Sigrid
Park: Caribou / Superorganism / Yaeji / Parquet Courts / Soccer Mommy

Sunday:
Pyramid: Madonna / Sam Smith / Dua Lipa / Cher / Mura Masa / Kamasi Washington
Other: Jamie xx / Vampire Weekend / James Bay / St. Vincent / Krept x Konan / Portugal. The Man / Fickle Friends
West Holts: Jorja Smith / Loyle Carner / Toots and the Maytals
John Peel: The Vaccines / Editors / The Horrors
Park: Courtney Barnett / Django Django / Rex Orange County / Jehnny Beth

 

Edit: With their Green Man headline slot King Giz might be placed too low, actually. Wonder if they could get given a Pyramid slot.

Edit 2: Yeah fuck it shifted em from 6th Other Friday to 6th Pyramid Friday.

it arctics don't do next year they will do 2020 so foals could headline and i will swap biork for bastille and courtneers will probley sub other stage so i will put disclouse in 4th down friday pyramid stage 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×