2019 Stage Predictions

dentalplan

Not that I would be averse to his booking but was under the impression that Kendrick is commanding a, shall we say, significant fee for R+L this summer, more than Glasto would pay typically for their headliners. Would he actually be willing to take a cut for the slot? I know a fair few US superstars have, but just kinda getting the impression that he's in the very top-end of the fee ballpark and unless he's got good reason to play, he might not.

Has there been any concrete rumour on him or is it mostly wishful speculation right now?

Could we please have Elvis NIRVANA on the pyramid stage Saturday afternoon.. That would great... 

And I saw and met this bloke at camp bestival..... Great great fun definitely add to the list... 

http://www.lekiddo.com/LekiddoNxtGigs.html

Edited by guypjfreak

10 minutes ago, DownboundTrain52 said:

Not that I would be averse to his booking but was under the impression that Kendrick is commanding a, shall we say, significant fee for R+L this summer, more than Glasto would pay typically for their headliners. Would he actually be willing to take a cut for the slot? I know a fair few US superstars have, but just kinda getting the impression that he's in the very top-end of the fee ballpark and unless he's got good reason to play, he might not.

Has there been any concrete rumour on him or is it mostly wishful speculation right now?

There was a rumour from The Sun that he's in advanced negotiations to headline, but other than that it's just predictions. We don't really have anything concrete on anybody yet.

1 hour ago, guypjfreak said:

Could we please have Elvis NIRVANA on the pyramid stage Saturday afternoon.. That would great... 

And I saw and met this bloke at camp bestival..... Great great fun definitely add to the list... 

http://www.lekiddo.com/LekiddoNxtGigs.html

Lekiddo plays every year.

Elvana were great at Boomtown... not really a pyramid act, but definitely a Hell Stage act. Maybe even a park stage afternoon act?

Friday:
Pyramid: Cut Copy / The 1975 / Santana / Christine and the Queens / J-Hus / King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard / Omar Souleyman
Other: Catfish and the Bottlemen / Wolf Alice / Years and Years / Blossoms / Lily Allen / Frank Carter and the Rattlesnakes / Loyle Carner / The Sherlocks / Bloc Party
West Holts: Jon Hopkins / Young Fathers / Blood Orange / IamDDB / Mount Kimbie
John Peel: CHVRCHES / Grimes / Charli XCX / AJ Tracey / Natalie Prass / Goat Girl
Park: My Bloody Valentine / The Breeders / tUnE-yArDs / Hookworms / Albert Hammond Jr. / Ought / Hop Along

Saturday:
Pyramid: Paul McCartney / Iggy Pop / Dua Lipa / Solange / John Grant / Declan McKenna / Shame
Other: Jamie xx / James Blake / Krept x Konan / Franz Ferdinand / Everything Everything / Mist / Parquet Courts / Pale Waves / Greta Van Fleet
West Holts: Run-DMC / Jungle / Tom Misch / Kelela
John Peel: FKA Twigs / Mura Masa / Sigrid / BROCKHAMPTON / Kate Nash
Park: Courtney Barnett / Django Django / Preoccupations / Jehnny Beth / Soccer Mommy / Rolling Blackouts Coastal Fever

Sunday:
Pyramid: Fleetwood Mac / The War on Drugs / George Ezra / Diana Ross / Kamasi Washington / Ezra Furman / The Psychedelic Furs
Other: The Streets / Jess Glynne / James Bay / St. Vincent / Friendly Fires / Cigarettes After Sex / Car Seat Headrest / Fickle Friends / Tom Grennan
West Holts: George Benson / Chaka Khan / Toots and the Maytals
John Peel: The Vaccines / Editors / The Horrors / Gaz Coombes
Park: Caribou / Superorganism / Rex Orange County / Yaeji / Confidence Man / Let's Eat Grandma

1 hour ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Lekiddo plays every year.

Elvana were great at Boomtown... not really a pyramid act, but definitely a Hell Stage act. Maybe even a park stage afternoon act?

That's cool just add where appropriate old son.. 

I was with grandkids and they LOVED lobster man and then later he's walking by so I did the guess who granddad knows lol got some pics etc had a chat.. What a really nice person.. And he really was smiling.. Must be great to be able to smile at life like that lol. 

Night all 

Happ weekend. G

Edited by guypjfreak

9 hours ago, guypjfreak said:

That's cool just add where appropriate old son.. 

I was with grandkids and they LOVED lobster man and then later he's walking by so I did the guess who granddad knows lol got some pics etc had a chat.. What a really nice person.. And he really was smiling.. Must be great to be able to smile at life like that lol. 

Night all 

Happ weekend. G

Yeah... we met him at glastonbury in 2015. A very happy chap!!

FB_IMG_1534667342692.jpg

15 hours ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Friday:
Pyramid: Cut Copy / The 1975 / Santana / Christine and the Queens / J-Hus / King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard / Omar Souleyman
Other: Catfish and the Bottlemen / Wolf Alice / Years and Years / Blossoms / Lily Allen / Frank Carter and the Rattlesnakes / Loyle Carner / The Sherlocks / Bloc Party
West Holts: Jon Hopkins / Young Fathers / Blood Orange / IamDDB / Mount Kimbie
John Peel: CHVRCHES / Grimes / Charli XCX / AJ Tracey / Natalie Prass / Goat Girl
Park: My Bloody Valentine / The Breeders / tUnE-yArDs / Hookworms / Albert Hammond Jr. / Ought / Hop Along

Saturday:
Pyramid: Paul McCartney / Iggy Pop / Dua Lipa / Solange / John Grant / Declan McKenna / Shame
Other: Jamie xx / James Blake / Krept x Konan / Franz Ferdinand / Everything Everything / Mist / Parquet Courts / Pale Waves / Greta Van Fleet
West Holts: Run-DMC / Jungle / Tom Misch / Kelela
John Peel: FKA Twigs / Mura Masa / Sigrid / BROCKHAMPTON / Kate Nash
Park: Courtney Barnett / Django Django / Preoccupations / Jehnny Beth / Soccer Mommy / Rolling Blackouts Coastal Fever

Sunday:
Pyramid: Fleetwood Mac / The War on Drugs / George Ezra / Diana Ross / Kamasi Washington / Ezra Furman / The Psychedelic Furs
Other: The Streets / Jess Glynne / James Bay / St. Vincent / Friendly Fires / Cigarettes After Sex / Car Seat Headrest / Fickle Friends / Tom Grennan
West Holts: George Benson / Chaka Khan / Toots and the Maytals
John Peel: The Vaccines / Editors / The Horrors / Gaz Coombes
Park: Caribou / Superorganism / Rex Orange County / Yaeji / Confidence Man / Let's Eat Grandma

Top man, they deserve to headline.

8 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Ano some people had said it all along but I read the other day that Wolf Alice are gonna 'send off' their album with a special show later this year (probably announced during R+L) so they're unlikely to feature at the next festival. Any point in even going now?

"Special show"? Interested to see where that would be, they've already done Ally Pally touring this album and are playing the Roundhouse in a couple of months (with IDLES supporting - looking forward to that).

Surely they're not ready for the O2 yet?

(I know this is London biased, but they are from London)

bing bong

Py: Kendrick Lamar, Janet Jackson, Weezer, Dua Lipa, Tom Odell, Omar Souleyman
OS: Silk City, Jess Glynne, J Hus, Blossoms, Everything Everything, Sigrid, Miles Kane
WH: Alabama Shakes, Mount Kimbie, The Internet, Kali Uchis
JP: Friendly Fires, Caribou, Beach House, Stefflon Don, Marina & the Diamonds
Pa: Bonobo, Django Django, Alex Cameron, Julia Holter

Py: Madonna, The Streets, Van Morrison, Years & Years, Joan Armatrading, Loyle Carner
OS: Tame Impala, Jamie xx, The Vaccines, Krept & Konan, Lily Allen, Rat Boy, Parquet Courts
WH: Jungle, Jorja Smith, St. Paul & the Broken Bones, Toots & Maytals
JP: Limp Bizkit, Editors, Mist, Pale Waves, Greta Van Fleet, Idles
Pa: My Bloody Valentine, Sophie, Charli XCX, Sturgill Simpson

Py: Paul McCartney, The War on Drugs, George Ezra, Kylie, Leon Bridges, Nubya Garcia
OS: Aphex Twin, Bastille, Chvrches, Hot Chip, Courtney Barnett, Portugal the Man, The Coral
WH: Chaka Khan, Young Fathers, Amadou & Mariam, Unknown Mortal Orchestra
JP: Christine & the Queens, Anne Marie, Shame, The Horrors, Anna Calvi
Pa: Public Service Broadcasting, Benjamin Clementine, The Divine Comedy, Rolling Blackouts Coastal Fever

edit: just changed James Blake for Bastille because he doesn't look right there and I wanted to save jj200 a post.

Edited by dentalplan

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

bing bong

OS: Silk City, Jess Glynne, J Hus, Blossoms, Everything Everything, Sigrid, Miles Kane

Py: Madonna, The Streets, Van Morrison, Years & Years, Joan Armatrading, Loyle Carner
OS: Tame Impala, Jamie xx, The Vaccines, Krept & Konan, Lily Allen, Rat Boy, Parquet Courts

Py: Paul McCartney, The War on Drugs, George Ezra, Kylie, Leon Bridges, Nubya Garcia
OS: Aphex Twin, James Blake, Chvrches, Hot Chip, Courtney Barnett, Portugal the Man, The Coral
Pa: Public Service Broadcasting, Benjamin Clementine, The Divine Comedy, Rolling Blackouts Coastal Fever

Your Friday is a breeze but Saturday and Sunday's headliners? Come on, play the game, son. How am I supposed to be in three places at one time? I genuinely can't decide where I'd be on either of those nights. Nice effort (and kudos for chucking Bizkit in there) 

7 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Your Friday is a breeze but Saturday and Sunday's headliners? Come on, play the game, son. How am I supposed to be in three places at one time? I genuinely can't decide where I'd be on either of those nights. Nice effort (and kudos for chucking Bizkit in there) 

Wouldn't be Glastonbury without numerous once-in-a-lifetime events happening concurrently. And yes, I am fully behind dribbling digestive and the lads making their way to Worthy Farm, even if it's unlikely I'd be there cos they only seem to wanna headline stages.

Just now, kingcrawler said:

What's changed your mind on Tame Impala? I'd be happy with that lineup though, not too many clashes outside of the Saturday headliners.

Just what Kevin Parker said, I suppose. Even if they don't have an album properly out then they could feasibly headline the Other. I'm sure they would still take it because talk of them headlining major festivals in the UK still seems unrealistic to me, sadly.

Edited by dentalplan

3 hours ago, dentalplan said:

bing bong

OS: Aphex Twin, Bastille, Chvrches, Hot Chip, Courtney Barnett, Portugal the Man, The Coral

edit: just changed James Blake for Bastille because he doesn't look right there and I wanted to save jj200 a post.

That Park lineup is a bit uninspiring, but I'd be happy with Bonobo/Friendly Fires, MBV and Chaka Khan so I'll stick 

9 minutes ago, Mash011 said:

Naaaah @dentalplan is bringing the real shit by including the Charli XCX > Sophie booking on the Park that we all want. My man.

Pop bangers into more pop bangers into 1.5 hours of deafening noise battering your ears to bits. Be a right good do, that.

And no I'm not talking about Fred Durst and his cronies.