Jump to content
dentalplan

2019 Stage Predictions

Recommended Posts

18 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Yeh assumed at first you were doing it so you could see Caribou on Friday but then remembered you're Mr Shoegaze.

And I've already seen Mr Lamar. You lot are slacking. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

And I've already seen Mr Lamar. You lot are slacking. 

Not since he brought out ladidadida slob on me knob tho.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

And I've already seen Mr Lamar. You lot are slacking. 

I saw him in 2013 pal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A few curveballs here, and possibly a few acts out of position but worth a stab at it.

PY: Kendrick Lamar, Paramore, Paloma Faith, Dua Lipa,.

OS: Avicii, Hot Chip, Little Dragon.

WH: Gregory Porter ,Thundercat.

JP: Wolf Alice, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club.

Park: Atoms for Peace.

 

PY: Artic Monkeys, Stereophonics, Janelle Monae, Joe Bonamassa.

OS: Nine Inch Nails, Weezer, Frank Carter and the Rattlesnakes.

WH: Ne-Yo.

JP: George Ezra, Maximo Park.

Park: Courtney Barnett and Kurt Vile. 

 

PY: Lady Gaga, Bruno Mars, Ariana Grande, Tina Turner.

OS: Björk, St. Vincent, Everything Everything.

WH: Cypress Hill, Gentleman’s Dub Club.

JP: Manic Street Preachers, Sufjan Stevens.

Park: Bicep.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 09/03/2018 at 4:59 AM, willutalk said:

A few curveballs here, and possibly a few acts out of position but worth a stab at it.

PY: Kendrick Lamar, Paramore, Paloma Faith, Dua Lipa,.

OS: Avicii, Hot Chip, Little Dragon.

WH: Gregory Porter ,Thundercat.

JP: Wolf Alice, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club.

Park: Atoms for Peace.

 

PY: Artic Monkeys, Stereophonics, Janelle Monae, Joe Bonamassa.

OS: Nine Inch Nails, Weezer, Frank Carter and the Rattlesnakes.

WH: Ne-Yo.

JP: George Ezra, Maximo Park.

Park: Courtney Barnett and Kurt Vile. 

 

PY: Lady Gaga, Bruno Mars, Ariana Grande, Tina Turner.

OS: Björk, St. Vincent, Everything Everything.

WH: Cypress Hill, Gentleman’s Dub Club.

JP: Manic Street Preachers, Sufjan Stevens.

Park: Bicep.

 

I will take it! With a bit of a cry about the Arctic Monkeys/NIN clash....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 08/03/2018 at 6:18 PM, dentalplan said:

I can't imagine Pale Waves making their Glasto debut on the Pyramid. They're not even playing big stages this year so they'd shite themselves.

This is why I love efests.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 09/03/2018 at 9:59 AM, willutalk said:

A few curveballs here, and possibly a few acts out of position but worth a stab at it.

PY: Kendrick Lamar, Paramore, Paloma Faith, Dua Lipa,.

OS: Avicii, Hot Chip, Little Dragon.

WH: Gregory Porter ,Thundercat.

JP: Wolf Alice, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club.

Park: Atoms for Peace.

 

PY: Artic Monkeys, Stereophonics, Janelle Monae, Joe Bonamassa.

OS: Nine Inch Nails, Weezer, Frank Carter and the Rattlesnakes.

WH: Ne-Yo.

JP: George Ezra, Maximo Park.

Park: Courtney Barnett and Kurt Vile. 

 

PY: Lady Gaga, Bruno Mars, Ariana Grande, Tina Turner.

OS: Björk, St. Vincent, Everything Everything.

WH: Cypress Hill, Gentleman’s Dub Club.

JP: Manic Street Preachers, Sufjan Stevens.

Park: Bicep.

 

Arctics Weezer Janelle yes

Gaga Bruno Ariana Tina Bjork and St Vincent topping other wouldn't go down well but I'd take it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/8/2018 at 7:55 PM, Mattymooz said:

I have (after stealing QOTSA & fixing my spelling):

Py: Madonna / QOTSA / Snoop Dogg / James Bay / St. Vincent / The Wombats
OS: CHVRCHES / Mura Masa / Everything Everything / Charli XCX / Carly Rae Jepsen
WH: Jon Hopkins / Friendly Fires / Tom Misch
JP: Iggy Pop / Mac Miller / Rae Morris
Pa: King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard / The Internet / Jessie Ware

Py: Arctic Monkeys / Sam Smith / Childish Gambino / SZA / The Horrors / Jessie J
OS: Disclosure / Skepta / Blossoms / Years & Years / Don Broco
WH: FKA Twigs / Vince Staples / SBTRKT
JP: Shania Twain / Kate Nash / Superorganism
Pa: Peter Tong & The Heritage Orchestra / Nero / ALMA

Py: Kendrick Lamar / Paramore / Janelle Monae / Elton John / Catfish & The Bottlemen / The Neighbourhood
OS: Dua Lipa / Wolf Alice / Jungle / Craig David / Portugal. The Man
WH: Enter Shikari / Chase & Status / BROCKHAMPTON
JP: Madeon / Banks / SOPHIE
Pa: The Streets / Django Django / Blue Planet in Concert with the Halle Orchestra

I would go and see Carley Rae :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not gonna do placings or whatever because that takes a lot of effort.

Expecting: Arctic Monkeys, Kendrick Lamar (Fleetwood Mac / Madonna) as headliners. With Stormzy, Catfish and The Bottlemen, Disclosure (sub) and Ariana Grande, Lily Allen, Dua Lipa taking big slots on the pyramid

Other Stage I think will be Jamie XX, Jon Hopkins and Chemical Brothers

other acts I expect to be on the lineup somewhere, Yaeji, Kelela, Caribou, Ben UFO, St Vincent, Chvrches, SZA

Overall, looks to be a good year if i'm anywhere close

edit: Jon Hopkins will probably be on JP actually

Edited by Matt42

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Other Stage I think will be Jamie XX, Jon Hopkins and Chemical Brothers

Give me this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Not gonna do placings or whatever because that takes a lot of effort.

Expecting: Arctic Monkeys, Kendrick Lamar (Fleetwood Mac / Madonna) as headliners. With Stormzy, Catfish and The Bottlemen, Disclosure (sub) and Ariana Grande, Lily Allen, Dua Lipa taking big slots on the pyramid

Other Stage I think will be Jamie XX, Jon Hopkins and Chemical Brothers

other acts I expect to be on the lineup somewhere, Yaeji, Kelela, Caribou, Ben UFO, St Vincent, Chvrches, SZA

Overall, looks to be a good year if i'm anywhere close

edit: Jon Hopkins will probably be on JP actually

I'm kind of hoping Jon Hopkins could breakthrough to W Holts.  Depends how this album goes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I'm kind of hoping Jon Hopkins could breakthrough to W Holts.  Depends how this album goes.

Think he's far more likely to end up here than Other Stage - think both his music and popularity lend themselves more to West Holts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Not gonna do placings or whatever because that takes a lot of effort.

Expecting: Arctic Monkeys, Kendrick Lamar (Fleetwood Mac / Madonna) as headliners. With Stormzy, Catfish and The Bottlemen, Disclosure (sub) and Ariana Grande, Lily Allen, Dua Lipa taking big slots on the pyramid

Other Stage I think will be Jamie XX, Jon Hopkins and Chemical Brothers

other acts I expect to be on the lineup somewhere, Yaeji, Kelela, Caribou, Ben UFO, St Vincent, Chvrches, SZA

Overall, looks to be a good year if i'm anywhere close

edit: Jon Hopkins will probably be on JP actually

Tried doing placing's on my quiet day at work yesterday as well but was proving a lot of effort also. but basically came to the same conclusion as this.

Only Thing I had different is Dua Lipa high Other stage and replaced Jon Hopkins with Catfish as headliners (was just a scrambling thought for a other headliner so unsure if they can.. possible??)

The mention of Lily Allen (loving the comeback she's making) and SZA has got me excited as well. Overall, would defo take this prediction.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

2 minutes ago, Walker2295 said:

Tried doing placing's on my quiet day at work yesterday as well but was proving a lot of effort also. but basically came to the same conclusion as this.

Only Thing I had different is Dua Lipa high Other stage and replaced Jon Hopkins with Catfish as headliners (was just a scrambling thought for a other headliner so unsure if they can.. possible??)

The mention of Lily Allen (loving the comeback she's making) and SZA has got me excited as well. Overall, would defo take this prediction.

Does she make a comeback every album now or something? :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

 

Does she make a comeback every album now or something? :P

Okay was very oblivious to her Sheezus (2014) Album she released :unsure:and thought Somewhere only we know for John Lewis was just a one off. So thought no "New music" hadn't been released since her 2009 Album. That's My Bad :P

Edited by Walker2295

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lily Allen is just about certain to play but I think she'll break the streak of Pyramid appearances and play somewhere like early evening Other Stage or John Peel sub, as she does seem to be stepping down and playing smaller events this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Walker2295 said:

Okay was very oblivious to her Sheezus (2014) Album she released :unsure:and thought Somewhere only we know for John Lewis was just a one off. So thought no "New music" hadn't been released since her 2009 Album. That's My Bad :P

Its alright, you didnt miss much honestly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

Lily Allen is just about certain to play but I think she'll break the streak of Pyramid appearances and play somewhere like early evening Other Stage or John Peel sub, as she does seem to be stepping down and playing smaller events this year.

Nah I feel that slot works for her - she's pretty massive with the Glastonbury audience I can't imagine her being any lower

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Tartan_Glasto said:

I do like how Paramore keep popping up on peoples lists. I can keep my fingers crossed. 

Pretty sure they're only on my list but fingers crossed eh?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Paramore would be great other stage headliners. Don't think they'd work as well on the pyramid

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Paramore would be great other stage headliners. Don't think they'd work as well on the pyramid

Yeah I'd prefer to seem them on Other Stage if they were to appear anywhere. Think it's the right place for them. Was convinced they were gonna make an appearance in 2017 as they were in the UK right at the time of Glastonbury. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thought I'd give it a little go... struggled to be honest, especially with The Park! What a mammoth job the actual bookers have!

PRY. Arctic Monkeys, Stormzy, Dua Lipa

OTH. Disclosure, Catfish and the Bottlemen, The War On Drugs

WH. Bonobo, Gregory Porter, Lianne La Havas

JP. The Horrors, St. Vincent, Priests

PARK. Franz Ferdinand, British Sea Power, The Shins

 

PRY.  U2, Wolf Alice, Lily Allen

OTH. Prophets Of Rage, The Streets, Blossoms

WH. Janelle Monrae, Jungle,  Ben Harper

JP. Charlie XCX, Django Django, Idles

PARK. Jamiroquai, The Darkness, Lewis Capaldi 

 

PRY. Madonna, Noel Gallagher HFB, Ariana Grande

OTH. QOTSA, Travis Scott, Frank Carter and the Rattlesnakes

WH. RUN DMC, Brockhampton, Giggs

JP. The Black Keys, The Chainsmokers, Sigrid

PARK. The Kooks, Friendly Fires, Jessie Ware

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×