2019 Stage Predictions

dentalplan

14 minutes ago, sisco said:

Point being if the lineup rumours are being updated on the basis of bandsintown you can’t then ignore it when a small bit of info suddenly appears.  (Surely first day is Wednesday?)

Again, why is Bandsintown being referred to as a separate entity?

First day for most major acts is Friday. Listings for Friday are usually taken with a pinch of salt (I didn’t when reporting the Kate Tempest listing on the ‘day & stage’ thread, seems like I should have) but Sat/Sun listings are usually legit cos why would they put that otherwise? Don’t get why it has to be absolutely reliable or unreliable.

I (somewhat) understand why Neil’s resistant to changing his listings based on info that conflicts what the artist’s staff have put into the BIT page but it’s certainly not a reason to dismiss someone’s info. Like there’s big hyuks to be had over claiming false information on Kate Tempest’s slot...

Edited by dentalplan

20 minutes ago, sisco said:

Couldn’t see much else atm.  Maybe a few biggies to announce

I can't see Miley 5th down, seems she has a spot that looks bigger due to her status.

Probably clears up Janet as 3rd down Saturday mind. 

6 minutes ago, DJL said:

I agree Friday looks poor... doesn’t mean it’s necessarily inaccurate though.

Defo not

46 minutes ago, Youtopia said:

Sounds like Lauren Hill is subbing Stormzy on the Pyramid Friday, with Bastille before her.

The info was that George Ezra was subbing the Friday.  I suppose he could be subbing The Cure instead?

Bastille in the Rock slot..... 

31 minutes ago, adequate8 said:

Pretty sure that’s George Ezra’s slot, where you heard that?

Interview with Dan Smith of Bastille on the BBC site....

"

It's going to go down a storm on the Pyramid Stage. How are you feeling about Glastonbury?

I literally can't believe it. Glastonbury is my favourite festival in the world. It's something me and my mates have done every year since we were at uni and I love it so much. It's so inclusive, and it's so culturally diverse. 

Are you planning anything special?

We're trying to put together a show that's quite different and interesting and fun for people to watch. If we're playing that stage, we're going to do it properly.

But I'm also really excited about it being over so I can watch Lauryn Hill, who's on after us, and then Stormzy - which is going to be something else.

Given Lauryn Hill's reputation for time-keeping, you might want to prepare an extra hour or two of material...

Haha - imagine! 

It's so surreal for me. When I was growing up, The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill was my sister's favourite album, and the first record I ever owned was The Score by The Fugees, Those albums changed music, I think, and changed popular culture. 

So to play before her, and to play on the Pyramid stage is like a double hit of mind-blowing prospects.

"

Edited by Youtopia

15 minutes ago, Youtopia said:

Interview with Dan Smith of Bastille on the BBC site....

"

It's going to go down a storm on the Pyramid Stage. How are you feeling about Glastonbury?

I literally can't believe it. Glastonbury is my favourite festival in the world. It's something me and my mates have done every year since we were at uni and I love it so much. It's so inclusive, and it's so culturally diverse. 

Are you planning anything special?

We're trying to put together a show that's quite different and interesting and fun for people to watch. If we're playing that stage, we're going to do it properly.

But I'm also really excited about it being over so I can watch Lauryn Hill, who's on after us, and then Stormzy - which is going to be something else.

Given Lauryn Hill's reputation for time-keeping, you might want to prepare an extra hour or two of material...

Haha - imagine! 

It's so surreal for me. When I was growing up, The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill was my sister's favourite album, and the first record I ever owned was The Score by The Fugees, Those albums changed music, I think, and changed popular culture. 

So to play before her, and to play on the Pyramid stage is like a double hit of mind-blowing prospects.

"

Great spot!

I’ll still guess at:

Stormzy

George Ezra

Rock Slot

Ms Lauryn Hill

Bastille

Edited by sisco

20 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Yeah thats what it sounds like to me "we are on before Lauryn Hill, and then Stormzy is on later on" kinda deal

I would definitely prefer it to be this, but to me it sounds like "I can watch LH and then Stormzy after". While the idea of Bastille being in the "metal" slot makes me feel a bit sick, we are missing a pyramid sub. And would LH really be so far down?

Why did we have Ezra as a Friday sub?

Edited by Sasperella

4 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

I would definitely prefer it to be this, but to me it sounds like "I can watch LH and then Stormzy after". While the idea of Bastille being in the "metal" slot makes me feel a bit I'll, we are missing a pyramid sub. And would LH really be so far down?

Why did we have Ezra as a Friday sub?

Sure Neil May of had info to say that. 

25 minutes ago, Acid_Haze said:

Maybe the Pyramid Hip Hop slot’s being brought back!

so as of the last turn of events we know Lauryn Hill is probably 4th down Pyramid and Jon Hopkins is probably headlining West Holts on Friday

I dunno he could probably sub Orbital if they are the JP headliner that day too

40 minutes ago, Acid_Haze said:

Maybe the Pyramid Hip Hop slot’s being brought back!

so as of the last turn of events we know Lauryn Hill is probably 4th down Pyramid and Jon Hopkins is probably headlining West Holts on Friday

Bastille aren't playing 5th down Pyramid, LH will be WHs I think.

On 4/23/2019 at 6:07 PM, thewayiam said:

I reckon Kylie might be 3rd down with Miley 4th. Friday looks very weak imo

At first glance I thought you had (rock act) to signify George Ezra was the rock act rather than as a placeholder. I was briefly outraged before realising my mistake.

And I've just quoted the wrong post to add to my idiocy.

Edited by found home in 2009
Cos I'm a fanny

28 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Bastille aren't playing 5th down Pyramid, LH will be WHs I think.

Apart from the interview saying Lauryn Hill is after them on the pyramid! 

We also know Ezra is subbing.  So they’re either 3rd and 4th with no Rock slot (that Emily mentioned) or 4th and 5th as most of us think

- Bastille are also rubbish too so 5th is more than high enough 

Edited by sisco