2019 Stage Predictions

dentalplan

15 minutes ago, jyoung said:

Subbing West Holt's would be pretty dreamy.

Yeah suppose that’s the obvious place actually, although being above the Saturday headliners on the poster seems odd! 

Edited by sisco

3 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Hoppo is actually subbing Hot Chip at Bluedot this year. Thankfully I reckon that probably rules him out from headlining JP and we no longer have to worry about the double clash?

FB_IMG_1554747286938.jpg

Not sure he's subbing Hot Chip. There are two stages at Blue Dot and I imagine he is headlining the second one. I think it finishes earlier than the main stage but I don't think we can read a lot into it...

Does seem a beast of a clash but Glastonbury does have previous for those. Wonder if the idea is to split the dance vote since Park is not a massive venue for Hot Chip given they did West Holts last time?

Just now, Zoo Music Girl said:

Not sure he's subbing Hot Chip. There are two stages at Blue Dot and I imagine he is headlining the second one. I think it finishes earlier than the main stage but I don't think we can read a lot into it...

Does seem a beast of a clash but Glastonbury does have previous for those. Wonder if the idea is to split the dance vote since Park is not a massive venue for Hot Chip given they did West Holts last time?

Even so I don't expect someone who is at a lower slot at one stage to get a far bigger slot at Glasto. They already had Prodigy supposedly on The Other that day which would have already split that demo enough imo

On 4/8/2019 at 7:21 PM, Zoo Music Girl said:

Can’t see Hopkins headlining myself (now).  Hot Hot Chip - Saturday park header, Chems - Saturday other header... surely not all 3! 

6 minutes ago, zeppelin said:

I'm so confused by this! 

My wording isn’t the greatest!

I meant..... now that The Chemical Brothers are headlining the other stage on Saturday and Hot Chip are headlining the park on Saturday, I personally can’t see them having Jon Hopkins headlining the John Peel on the Saturday and all 3 clashing.

1 hour ago, sisco said:

My wording isn’t the greatest!

I meant..... now that The Chemical Brothers are headlining the other stage on Saturday and Hot Chip are headlining the park on Saturday, I personally can’t see them having Jon Hopkins headlining the John Peel on the Saturday and all 3 clashing.

Sorry my wording was no better! 

I was actually just in agreement with you and confused about the apparent three way clash. 

6 minutes ago, wairey said:

What are the strongest rumours for Sunday Other Stage headliner? Couldn't find a specific thread so thought I'd ask here, thanks! 

I think Vampire Weekend, others think I’m mental! 

General consensus is they’re arranging one after the sad news regarding Keith Flint.  

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, sisco said:

I think Vampire Weekend, others think I’m mental! 

General consensus is they’re arranging one after the sad news regarding Keith Flint.  

Ah that makes sense. Would Foals be a realistic bet or are they too big now? 

1 hour ago, Joe Shez said:

Do we know about park headliner for Friday yet? I’m hoping to catch idles, Kate tempest and tame impala and worried about clashes. I’ve heard idles are 6pm park and tame impala other headliner. Kate tempest likely to be on park again? Or possibly JP?

Tame Imapala are pretty nailed on for Other. The rumour going around is that Idles are at 6pm yes :) No idea about Kate yet. 

2 hours ago, Joe Shez said:

Do we know about park headliner for Friday yet? I’m hoping to catch idles, Kate tempest and tame impala and worried about clashes. I’ve heard idles are 6pm park and tame impala other headliner. Kate tempest likely to be on park again? Or possibly JP?

Given that Belle & Sebastian are gigging around the festival I’m still hopeful they could be Friday night Park headliners.

1 hour ago, chazwwe said:

Tame Imapala are pretty nailed on for Other. The rumour going around is that Idles are at 6pm yes :) No idea about Kate yet. 

There’s a rumour going around that Kate’ll be on at the park stage on Saturday but hasn’t been updated on the lineup rumours page yet

3 hours ago, Acid_Haze said:

There’s a rumour going around that Kate’ll be on at the park stage on Saturday but hasn’t been updated on the lineup rumours page yet

1 person said Saturday.

Bandsintown that list lots of acts (and lots of the lineup page has been reflected to show that) shows Kate Tempest as Friday 

47 minutes ago, sisco said:

1 person said Saturday.

Bandsintown that list lots of acts (and lots of the lineup page has been reflected to show that) shows Kate Tempest as Friday 

Bandsintown is a resource for artists to update their list of shows easily and it pushing those dates to the artist’s website. The reasonable assumption is that Kate Tempest’s staff did what many other acts do and list the first date.

I was actually the person who mentioned the Friday date first bc I thought her other dates were exact dates, but I’d say that someone else getting word of the slot is more likely to be correct.

10 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Bandsintown is a resource for artists to update their list of shows easily and it pushing those dates to the artist’s website. The reasonable assumption is that Kate Tempest’s staff did what many other acts do and list the first date.

I was actually the person who mentioned the Friday date first bc I thought her other dates were exact dates, but I’d say that someone else getting word of the slot is more likely to be correct.

Point being if the lineup rumours are being updated on the basis of bandsintown you can’t then ignore it when a small bit of info suddenly appears.  (Surely first day is Wednesday?)