2019 Stage Predictions

dentalplan

2 hours ago, StupidDream said:

Still find Vampire Weekend hard to place. Didn't we have a discussion about that couple of months ago? Think 3rd down Pyramid/sub Other was about right? But with a Perry slot and a Rock slot only 3rd down ('post-Legend') is left on the Pyramid.

VW is definitely not rock or 'metal' like Royal Blood. Still expecting Iggy.

I am not keeping up with who is likely to play where, but have all the WH headliners been locked down, if not are Vampire Weekend a possible WH headliner, on the same line as Janelle Monae.

3 minutes ago, LostHorizon said:

Haven’t been able to find much through search, but have Bonobo been mentioned (or indeed written off) for this year?

They’re in London 2 weeks before the festival and then appear to have a free calendar up to a gig in Spain the week after.

They're only doing DJ sets this year aren't they? Probably more of a shout for Arcadia or some other late night DJ slot

I think there’s a bit of overthinking going on here. From the poster to me it looks like this.

Fri: Stormzy, George Ezra, TBC/Lauryn Hill

Sat: The Killers, Liam Gallagher, Miley Cyrus

Sun: The Cure, Janet Jackson, Vampire Weekend

the only thing we aren’t sure about is whether Miley or Vampire Weekend are 3rd down pyramid on Saturday or on sunday. We did a bit of overthinking about where the National were in 2017 and I think that led to a bit of disappointment for a lot of people

Edited by Acid_Haze
  • Like 1

Just now, Acid_Haze said:

I think there’s a bit of overthinking going on here. Think the poster just says it all quite clearly and it looks like this:

Fri: Stormzy, George Ezra, TBC/Lauryn Hill

Sat: The Killers, Liam Gallagher, Miley Cyrus

Sun: The Cure, Janet Jackson, Vampire Weekend

the only thing we aren’t sure about is whether Miley or Vampire Weekend are 3rd down pyramid on Saturday or on sunday

Think the latest info that Janet is Saturday has confused things...

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, sisco said:

That’s my thinking at the min.  Anything really obviously wrong??

9A576E45-C287-4210-BA4B-3CA54391D3DB.png

Chems on Saturday, interesting. Doubt Miley will sub and reckon we have a sub and a other headliner to be announced (hopefully foals for Other and something good as a sub to Cure...). Good prediction though.

4 hours ago, sisco said:

That’s my thinking at the min.  Anything really obviously wrong??

9A576E45-C287-4210-BA4B-3CA54391D3DB.png

It all depends on how strong a rock act the rock slot is this year?, Emily mentioning so recent would be s surprise for there not to be one but I'm unsure why we wouldn't have it already. It may be correct though that we've had to wait for another announcement to get that act.