2019 Stage Predictions

dentalplan

20 minutes ago, Stubbsy55 said:

Cant see how they can have courteeners and Liam Gallagher Clashing

Yeah it's not ideal but if the Courteeners have to choose between playing against Gallagher (he was in the frame for Friday at one point so maybe wasn't always the plan) or not play at all, they're gonna be playing against Gallagher.

9 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

True since they usually perform Aquience together. But I can’t see Liam and Teeners clashing. I didn’t want Killers to clash either but couldn’t think of another option. Third down I feel will be more likely than headlining other. They had Prodigy, Tame and Chems for that and doubt they would change Janet’s position for that, especially since she’s a ‘big pull’.

Ezra to Stormzy feels really weak and LG has information from @eFestivals to play Saturday, I’d be interested to see what he thinks about this. I really can’t see LG clashing with Teeners though. 

I’ve been trying to fit what I feel to be right, struggling massively, any chance at all Liam may do Sunday?

The LG information is Saturday Pyramid. Don't see why it'd change or be wrong.

Ezra into Stormzy isn't weak at all. Ezra is headlining major festivals in this country so him in a sub slot is not weak regardless of who goes on afterwards.

1 minute ago, StupidDream said:

Was Miley sure to be on the Saturday? Or did we just put her in the Perry slot?

Or you now think The Killers / LG / JJ?

Yeah we don't have an actual day for Cyrus, just an assumption following Katy Perry's placing. Know she can't do Friday... I'd just chuck her over to Sunday third down and have the run on Saturday as you've said.

Courteeners stuff never set in stone was it. I know @eastynh posted it and said he had no reason not to believe the source but still... Not saying anybody is lying but it's just as possible it isn't happening so I wouldn't get too into the whole 'Why would Liam and Courteeners clash' argument. Even if they did, that's life. These things have happened and will continue to happen.

4 minutes ago, jyoung said:

Courteeners stuff never set in stone was it. I know @eastynh posted it and said he had no reason not to believe the source but still... Not saying anybody is lying but it's just as possible it isn't happening so I wouldn't get too into the whole 'Why would Liam and Courteeners clash' argument. Even if they did, that's life. These things have happened and will continue to happen.

Would be a lot easier to predict this if their name was never thrown into the mix.

3 minutes ago, Stubbsy55 said:

Could Courteeners not sub Chems on the sunday?

No cos someone else will be playing that slot, and they have like transport arranged far in advance and stuff so most acts can't just be moved around the schedule.

4 minutes ago, jyoung said:

Mate I have absolutely no idea if it is true or not. After Keith Flint died, the girl I know put on our Whattsapp group that the Prodigy had been booked to headline, with the Courteeners subbing them. Then Emily announced later on that the Prodigy had been booked. I would be very surprised if it is not true, but I would not be betting my mortgage on it.

9 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Stormzy / George Ezra / Lauryn Hill

The Killers / Liam Gallagher / Janet Jackson

The Cure / Vampire Weekend / Miley Cyrus / Kylie. 

Fair, but it skips over the possibility of a TBA rock band 3rd down Pyramid that Emily alluded to at the start of last month.

I'm wondering about Lauryn Hill being Stormzy's sub, Ezra subbing The Cure and then Vampire Weekend being on the Other.

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

Fair, but it skips over the possibility of a TBA rock band 3rd down Pyramid that Emily alluded to at the start of last month.

I'm wondering about Lauryn Hill being Stormzy's sub, Ezra subbing The Cure and then Vampire Weekend being on the Other.

Could that be Vampire Weekend?

Stormzy / Lauryn Hill / Vampire Weekend 

The Cure / George Ezra / Miley Cyrus / Kylie. 

That Sunday’s feels more for the locals and seems more like it. I agree with what you said doubt she would say it and retract that. 

5 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

No. It's the one Emily referred to as 'the metal slot'. It obviously doesn't have to be a metal band but it has to be someone that, say, wouldn't look out of place at Download.

4 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Odd isn’t it. Could Bands in Town not be wrong, are they usually spot on things like this?

It's just a tool. The artist's people put the dates in.

Edited by dentalplan

Still find Vampire Weekend hard to place. Didn't we have a discussion about that couple of months ago? Think 3rd down Pyramid/sub Other was about right? But with a Perry slot and a Rock slot only 3rd down ('post-Legend') is left on the Pyramid.

VW is definitely not rock or 'metal' like Royal Blood. Still expecting Iggy.

4 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

No. It's the one Emily referred to as 'the metal slot'. It obviously doesn't have to be a metal band but it has to be someone that, say, wouldn't look out of place at Download.

It's just a tool. The artist's people put the dates in.

I skimmed over your post and thought you were suggesting Tool for the rock slot, now that would be something! 

8 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Royal Blood are less likely to send personnel over to invite your significant other backstage, as far as I know.

Likely true.

Though on the other hand I watched a bit of one of the Despicable Me movies and there was a bit when two of the Minions dressed up as nu-metallers and it was indistinguishable from a Royal Blood gig.

Edited by CaledonianGonzo

21 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Stormzy / Lauryn Hill / Vampire Weekend 

The Cure / George Ezra / Miley Cyrus / Kylie. 

That Sunday’s feels more for the locals and seems more like it. I agree with what you said doubt she would say it and retract that. 

I like the look of this!!!