2019 Stage Predictions

dentalplan

18 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Not that big I don't think. More likely to sub John Peel.

Yeah was thinking about this earlier. Something about him headlining JP doesn't seem quite right (especially if we're still believing Orbital are doing it as well), but I could see him subbing like Fatboy Slim did a couple of years back.

9 minutes ago, OliS said:

Where do I start with Interpol? I feel like they could be the kind of band I would like but never really given them a chance. 

Turn On The Bright Lights is probably one of the best ever post-2000s indie records, so I'd start there! For a bit of a whirlwind tour spanning more albums, I'd personally recommend Obstacle 1, PDA, Stella Was a Diver.., Evil, Slow Hands, Memory Serves, All The Rage Back Home, Twice as Hard, Rover, Fine Mess (new single)

Edited by thrillhouse188

7 minutes ago, Stubbsy55 said:

what stage do we reckon for Interpol? Mid to late noon on the other?

Could realistically be anywhere from mid-ish Pyramid, afternoon Other to sub/headlining a smaller stage, am personally praying for headlining on Saturday to avoid a Tame Impala clash and I think they'd benefit from being in the dark!

On 3/21/2019 at 9:08 PM, FloorFiller said:

Yeah was thinking about this earlier. Something about him headlining JP doesn't seem quite right (especially if we're still believing Orbital are doing it as well), but I could see him subbing like Fatboy Slim did a couple of years back.

I've just had a thought about this. JP sub must be Diplo's slot given that WH is booked up and he's Saturday too, so maybe it is Jon Hopkins headlining it.

7 hours ago, thrillhouse188 said:

Could realistically be anywhere from mid-ish Pyramid, afternoon Other to sub/headlining a smaller stage, am personally praying for headlining on Saturday to avoid a Tame Impala clash and I think they'd benefit from being in the dark!

Friday JP would be my guess.

They’re playing Brighton on the Wednesday night which suggests they’re playing the start of the festival. 

8 hours ago, thrillhouse188 said:

I can't see Interpol getting near the Pyramid in any time slot.

6 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Monumental piece of info gleaned by @Half Man Half Mattress In the day and stage thread. Janet Jackson playing Saturday, it seems.

So we’ve got another sub to speculate over, right?

Or what if Janet subs Killers and Courteeners to Liam Gallagher who headliners the Other Stage then that clash won’t happen.

Friday: Py - Stormzy / TBC (Childish Gambino #FridayGambinoSub. Maybe... No. ?). Other - Tame Impala.

Saturday: Py - The Killers / Janet Jackson. Other - Liam Gallagher / Courteeners. 

Sunday: Py - The Cure / George Ezra. Other - Chemical Brothers. 

Just now, RarerThanDandyB said:

Or what if Janet subs Killers and Courteeners to Liam Gallagher who headliners the Other Stage then that clash won’t happen.

Friday: Py - Stormzy / TBC (Childish Gambino #FridayGambinoSub. Maybe... No. ?). Other - Tame Impala.

Saturday: Py - The Killers / Janet Jackson. Other - Liam Gallagher / Courteeners. 

Don’t see why they’d have Liam headline Other after playing on it last time, and him having a good relationship with The Killers that’s probably seen the two paired up purposely.

Would be more likely Janet headlines Other than Liam, or she does third down Pyramid which would be my bet.

2 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

The Killers vs LG seems the same problem as The Killers vs Foals. LG under The Cure and George Ezra under Stormzy seems a better shout.

4 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Don’t see why they’d have Liam headline Other after playing on it last time, and him having a good relationship with The Killers that’s probably seen the two paired up purposely.

Would be more likely Janet headlines Other than Liam, or she does third down Pyramid which would be my bet.

True since they usually perform Aquience together. But I can’t see Liam and Teeners clashing. I didn’t want Killers to clash either but couldn’t think of another option. Third down I feel will be more likely than headlining other. They had Prodigy, Tame and Chems for that and doubt they would change Janet’s position for that, especially since she’s a ‘big pull’.

6 minutes ago, StupidDream said:

The Killers vs LG seems the same problem as The Killers vs Foals. LG under The Cure and George Ezra under Stormzy seems a better shout.

Ezra to Stormzy feels really weak and LG has information from @eFestivals to play Saturday, I’d be interested to see what he thinks about this. I really can’t see LG clashing with Teeners though. 

I’ve been trying to fit what I feel to be right, struggling massively, any chance at all Liam may do Sunday?

17 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Was Miley sure to be on the Saturday? Or did we just put her in the Perry slot?

Or you now think The Killers / LG / JJ?