2019 Stage Predictions

dentalplan

1 hour ago, Titters said:

Does Billie Eilish have the material for that? Assuming she'll have an album out by June, but still a big ask. I thought she'd get a Courtney Barnett-style Pyramid slot, 2nd/3rd on. 

Struggling to place a few of the acts... anyone want to have a guess?

Maribou State - Sub WH (Moderat's set from 2017)? 

Cat Power - Late Afternoon Park?

Santigold - Sub WH? 

Friendly Fires - Sub JPT?? No idea where they will fit. 

Sharon Van Etten Sub Park.....? Acoustic??

Has to be, surely? Set of the weekend territory there.

Okay, I'll try for the first full one since the Poster came out...

FRIDAY

Pyramid - Stormzy, George Ezra, Iggy Pop, Bastille, Sheryl Crow, Michael Kiwanuka, Tom Misch, This is the Kit

Other - Tame Impala, Two Door Cinema Club, Hozier, Editors, Frank Turner & the Sleeping Souls, The Hives, Superorganism, Parquet Courts, Franz Ferdinand

West Holts - Ms Lauryn Hill, Jorja Smith, The Cat Empire, Rosalia, Loyle Carner, The Comet is Coming, BCUC

John Peel - Suede, Interpol, Denzel Curry, Stefflon Don, Deaf Havana, Pale Waves, Tom Walker, Drenge, Octavian, ETC Winner

The Park - The Good, the Bad & the Queen, Public Service Broadcasting, Neneh Cherry, Idles, King Princess, Sam Fender, Low, Sports Team, Didirri

SATURDAY

Pyramid - The Killers, Liam Gallagher, Miley Cyrus, Van Morrison, Kaiser Chiefs, Sigrid, KT Tunstall, David Attenborough 

Other - The Chemical Brothers, Courteeners, Snow Patrol, Santigold, Of Monsters & Men, Kurt Vile, The Joy Formidable, Shura, Teleman

West Holts - Wu-Tang Clan, Jungle, Maribou State, Kamasi Washington, Fatoumata Diawara, Sons of Kemet, Jpegmafia 

John Peel - Jon Hopkins, Friendly Fires, Chromeo, Johnny Marr, Foals (Secret Set), Lewis Capaldi, Yungblud, Sea Girls, Slowthai, SWMRS

The Park - Hot Chip, Kate Tempest, Tash Sultana, Charlotte Gainsbourg, Tom Grennan, Pond, Jade Bird, Dean Lewis, Algiers

SUNDAY

Pyramid - The Cure, Janet Jackson, Kylie, Corinne Bailey Rae, Tom Odell, Fun Lovin' Criminals, Local Brass Band

Other - Vampire Weekend, Christine & the Queens, Years & Years, Anne-Marie, Gerry Cinnamon, Billie Eilish, Declan McKenna, Rolling Blackouts Coastal Fever, Amber Arcades

West Holts - Janelle Monae, Diplo, Lizzo, Khruangbin, Mavis Staples, The Garifuna Collective, Nakhane

John Peel - The Streets, Nothing But Thieves, Mogwai, Fat White Family, Bugzy Malone, Aurora, The Amazons, Yonaka, The Murder Capital

The Park - Ben Harper, Cat Power, Sharon Van Etten, Rex Orange County, Anna Calvi, Little Simz, Sundara Karma, Parcels, Port Erin

Edited by 01seb

1 hour ago, 01seb said:

FRIDAY

Pyramid - Stormzy, George Ezra, Iggy Pop, Bastille, Sheryl Crow, Michael Kiwanuka, Tom Misch, This is the Kit

Other - Tame Impala, Two Door Cinema Club, Hozier, Editors, Frank Turner & the Sleeping Souls, The Hives, Superorganism, Parquet Courts, Franz Ferdinand

West Holts - Ms Lauryn Hill, Jorja Smith, The Cat Empire, Rosalia, Loyle Carner, The Comet is Coming, BCUC

John Peel - Suede, Interpol, Denzel Curry, Stefflon Don, Deaf Havana, Pale Waves, Tom Walker, Drenge, Octavian, ETC Winner

The Park - The Good, the Bad & the Queen, Public Service Broadcasting, Neneh Cherry, Idles, King Princess, Sam Fender, Low, Sports Team, Didirri

SATURDAY

Pyramid - The Killers, Liam Gallagher, Miley Cyrus, Van Morrison, Kaiser Chiefs, Sigrid, KT Tunstall, David Attenborough 

Other - The Chemical Brothers, Courteeners, Snow Patrol, Santigold, Of Monsters & Men, Kurt Vile, The Joy Formidable, Shura, Teleman

West Holts - Wu-Tang Clan, Jungle, Maribou State, Kamasi Washington, Fatoumata Diawara, Sons of Kemet, Jpegmafia 

John Peel - Jon Hopkins, Friendly Fires, Chromeo, Johnny Marr, Foals (Secret Set), Lewis Capaldi, Yungblud, Sea Girls, Slowthai, SWMRS

The Park - Hot Chip, Kate Tempest, Tash Sultana, Charlotte Gainsbourg, Tom Grennan, Pond, Jade Bird, Dean Lewis, Algiers

SUNDAY

Pyramid - The Cure, Janet Jackson, Kylie, Corinne Bailey Rae, Tom Odell, Fun Lovin' Criminals, Local Brass Band

Other - Vampire Weekend, Christine & the Queens, Years & Years, Anne-Marie, Gerry Cinnamon, Billie Eilish, Declan McKenna, Rolling Blackouts Coastal Fever, Amber Arcades

West Holts - Janelle Monae, Diplo, Lizzo, Khruangbin, Mavis Staples, The Garifuna Collective, Nakhane

John Peel - The Streets, Nothing But Thieves, Mogwai, Fat White Family, Bugzy Malone, Aurora, The Amazons, Yonaka, The Murder Capital

The Park - Ben Harper, Cat Power, Sharon Van Etten, Rex Orange County, Anna Calvi, Little Simz, Sundara Karma, Parcels, Port Erin

Good lineup I’d have 30 acts that I’d like to catch off that! Although yonaka have told me they haven’t been asked (could be a lie though)

15 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Delighted to see you've not lost faith that RBCF and Parquet Courts will still appear @01seb

Is there any reason why they would be ruled out? 

From what I can see RBCF start their Europe festivals at Roskilde (week after Glasto) and Parquet Courts start their Europe run the week later. Both are probably 50:50 if they do Glasto I'd say?

3 minutes ago, 01seb said:

Is there any reason why they would be ruled out? 

From what I can see RBCF start their Europe festivals at Roskilde (week after Glasto) and Parquet Courts start their Europe run the week later. Both are probably 50:50 if they do Glasto I'd say?

I think RBCF are the perfect size act to be added on the full poster but (and I may be over-estimating their popularity) I expected Parquet Courts to be on the first poster if they were there. 

1 minute ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

I think RBCF are the perfect size act to be added on the full poster but (and I may be over-estimating their popularity) I expected Parquet Courts to be on the first poster if they were there. 

I think both acts are small enough that they could easily be left off the first poster - it is only 66 names after all and there will be much bigger names than both of those still to be added. After a somewhat disappointing first poster I’m hoping all the good stuff like this is yet to come.

3 hours ago, 01seb said:

FRIDAY

SATURDAY

SUNDAY

This would be an incredible lineup, way tooooo good i think, some acts like little simz, mavis staples, loyle carner seem a little far down, for artists they'll want to give prominent slots

3 hours ago, 01seb said:

FRIDAY

SATURDAY

SUNDAY

Would love to see Sundara on the Park stage but I think it’d probably be too low down for them. Looks pretty good otherwise.

2 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

I think both acts are small enough that they could easily be left off the first poster - it is only 66 names after all and there will be much bigger names than both of those still to be added. After a somewhat disappointing first poster I’m hoping all the good stuff like this is yet to come.

2 hours ago, kingcrawler said:

I'm sure someone posted in the Rock Werchter thread saying that RBCF weren't coming over to Europe until July and that's why they're not playing there, so I'm not really expecting them at Glastonbury now. I think Parquet Courts will still play though.

The cruelest rollercoaster ?

3 hours ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Name's too long to have been on the first poster.  Would take up a whole row on their own :D

Edited by Quark

So Bastille have been confirmed for Friday. If Two Door Cinema Club info is correct (sub Fri Other) then that'll rule out Bastille of playing on the Other. I'm thinking if they're Pyramid, that probably means Lauryn Hill is West Holts (can she only play Fri?) due to the likely Ezra and rock slot (Emily confirmed, right?) before Stormzy. Unless they're JP headliner - are they too big for that? Thoughts?

Edit - think TDCC info was just sub Other, but I think Fri is the only day they're available anyway.

Edited by The Martini Police

2 minutes ago, The Martini Police said:

So Bastille have been confirmed for Friday. If Two Door Cinema Club info is correct (sub Fri Other) then that'll rule out Bastille of playing on the Other. I'm thinking if they're Pyramid, that probably means Lauryn Hill is West Holts (can she only play Fri?) due to the likely Ezra and rock slot (Emily confirmed, right?) before Stormzy. Unless they're JP headliner - are they too big for that? Thoughts?

Edit - think TDCC info was just sub Other, but I think Fri is the only day they're available anyway.

Bastille's stock has fallen considerably, wouldn't rule them out for third down the Other.

I really, really hope Vampire Weekend don't play the pyramid on the Sunday evening. It doesn't look like there's anything else for me around that time and I hate battling that crowd. 

Any ideas why they left Childish Gambino off the first poster despite him subbing the pyramid? (I'm not giving this up till June 30th)