2019 Stage Predictions

dentalplan

9 minutes ago, Robster86 said:

Could this change now that Glastonbury will need to bump someone up to Other headliner where Prodigy were due to play? Just a thought, perhaps The Streets could take that slot. 

Would be a hell of a jump looking at that poster. But that is where I'd always pictured them until I saw the poster.

The poster lines George Ezra, Liam Gallagher, Miley Cyrus and Tame Impala, Chemical Brothers, Vampire Weekend 

No chance these are our Pyramid subs and Other headers (considering we know Liam and Tame would be in that order?)

* although I forgot about Janet Jackson on that top line!

Edited by sisco

30 minutes ago, sisco said:

The poster lines George Ezra, Liam Gallagher, Miley Cyrus and Tame Impala, Chemical Brothers, Vampire Weekend 

No chance these are our Pyramid subs and Other headers (considering we know Liam and Tame would be in that order?)

Ezra, Liam and Janet as the subs, Tame Impala, Chems and a TBC as Other Headliners and Cyrus as the Katy Perry role. VW will be on the Other Stage undercard.

2 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Ezra, Liam and Janet as the subs, Tame Impala, Chems and a TBC as Other Headliners and Cyrus as the Katy Perry role. VW will be on the Other Stage undercard.

Vampire Weekend are a tough one to predict, they played third down pyramid last time, so wouldn't play lower than other sub i think, considering Courteneers and Two Door are already pretty nailed on as other subs, and plenty other contenders for the third one, Christine and the Queens, I think they could just fit into a JP headliner slot but again we have a plethora of those two. 

19 minutes ago, ace56blaa said:

Vampire Weekend are a tough one to predict, they played third down pyramid last time, so wouldn't play lower than other sub i think, considering Courteneers and Two Door are already pretty nailed on as other subs, and plenty other contenders for the third one, Christine and the Queens, I think they could just fit into a JP headliner slot but again we have a plethora of those two. 

VW aren't going to be JP, they are too mainstream and big still for that. 3rd down before Janet Jackson Sunday is the best guess. 3rd Friday Pyramid as people have said it won't be...3rd Saturday you expect is covered, Other stage I reckon we have TDCC, Courteeners and probably C&TQ. Hozier, The Streets and Jorja Smith covering 3rd down Other/4th Pyramid or The Streets as low do just have a chance of being JP headliner.

May not be totally that straight forward though as WTC are 2 rows lower than Janelle and doing the same slot. MS Lauryn Hill if she is the WHs headliner Friday is a great get for that slot.

The bad thing is you look at how many names are bigger than Stormzy on there whom some will be playing two slots under him.

Edited by thewayiam

I think Miley will be in the Katy Perry slot. Janet Jackson in the Chic slot after Kylie. 

VW / George Ezra / Liam G subbing. 

Tame and Chems heading the Other. Which leaves another Other stage headliner to find.

Otherwise, Janelle Monae, Lauryn Hill and Wu-Tang heading West Holts.

Two Door, the Streets, Snow Patrol heading JP.

Park Stage... think there's more to come for that perhaps but Cat Power, Hot Chip and Michael Kiwanuka might make sense.

5 minutes ago, sisco said:

2 hours ago, thewayiam said:

VW aren't going to be JP, they are too mainstream and big still for that. 3rd down before Janet Jackson Sunday is the best guess. 3rd Friday Pyramid as people have said it won't be...3rd Saturday you expect is covered, Other stage I reckon we have TDCC, Courteeners and probably C&TQ. Hozier, The Streets and Jorja Smith covering 3rd down Other/4th Pyramid or The Streets as low do just have a chance of being JP headliner.

May not be totally that straight forward though as WTC are 2 rows lower than Janelle and doing the same slot. MS Lauryn Hill if she is the WHs headliner Friday is a great get for that slot.

The bad thing is you look at how many names are bigger than Stormzy on there whom some will be playing two slots under him.

Yeah 3rd pyramid is obviously likely, but would they just do the exact same spot they did last time they played, literally 3rd down sunday on pyramid last time. Probably won't headline JP, but would be nice to see em a slightly different spot than 2013

EDIT: Tbf looking back they played 3rd down pyramid in 2010 too, so maybe there is no where else to put em

Edited by ace56blaa

2 hours ago, ace56blaa said:

Yeah 3rd pyramid is obviously likely, but would they just do the exact same spot they did last time they played, literally 3rd down sunday on pyramid last time. Probably won't headline JP, but would be nice to see em a slightly different spot than 2013

EDIT: Tbf looking back they played 3rd down pyramid in 2010 too, so maybe there is no where else to put em

They might sub Other and C&TQ play 3rd down Pyramid Sunday.

6 hours ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Agree with most of this... but hope Janet is after Kylie and we get another pyramid sub addedas well as an other stage headliner. I also think Vampire Weekend 3rd down on the pyramid again - that slot suits them and I think there career trajectory is pretty stable.

On 3/17/2019 at 2:56 AM, sisco said:

Someone very early on said they’d been offered Pyramid sub or Other header.  Looking at the poster neither is correct

Aye, that was me. I got told they were playing but based on how many sold out nights they did at Brixton (like the xx) i made some assumptions. Definitely looking to play lower down - would be strange for them to do JP again. Reckon they’ll be lower on pyramid or other 

I think Mike Skinner prefers the intimacy and chaos that comes with the smaller shows.   He opted to do about a million nights at Brixton Academy rather than 1 or 2 nights at the O2.   We know he's turned down huge offers to headline other festivals.   I get the impression that he'd rather play to a smaller, packed room full of people fully engaged than to a huge crowd of people only interested in Fit But You Know It and Dry Your Eyes.

5 minutes ago, deadpheasant said:

I have it as Vampire Weekend on before Janet Jackson & after Kylie or before The Chemical Brothers.

Yep, I agree. It's either 3rd down Pyramid or Other sub.   It'd be a much better experience on the Other Stage crowd-wise but I want to see Kylie and Janet as well as VW so that Pyramid run would work for me.

Anyone else having the thought that the legends slot could be 3rd down and not 4th down this year? Because The Cure are headlining and usually play quite long sets. So it would be:

The Cure 20:45-23:15

Janet Jackson 18:30-19:45

Kylie 16:30-17:45

Edited by 01seb

My prediction:

Pyramid:

Fri: Stormzy, TBC, Vampire Weekend

Sat: Killers, Liam G, Miley

Sun: Cure, Janet J, George Ezra, Kylie

Other:

Fri: Tame Impala

Sat: Chems

Sun: TBC

West Holts:

Fri: Lauryn Hill

Sat: Wu Tang Clan, Jungle

Sun: Janelle

Edited by mb23

51 minutes ago, 01seb said:

Anyone else having the thought that the legends slot could be 3rd down and not 4th down this year? Because The Cure are headlining and usually play quite long sets. So it would be:

The Cure 20:45-23:15

Janet Jackson 18:30-19:45

Kylie 16:30-17:45

I don't think The Cure will get that long a set time, I know they've done three hour epics in the past but I'd be very surprised if the festival gave them longer than two.

To be honest I'd rather they played a tight 90 minutes of hits and crowd pleasers rather than pad it out with album tracks and b-sides that will only appeal to the die hards out there.

9 minutes ago, mb23 said:

My prediction:

Pyramid:

Fri: Stormzy, TBC, Vampire Weekend

Sat: Killers, Liam G, Miley

Sun: Cure, Janet J, George Ezra, Kylie

Other:

Fri: Tame Impala

Sat: Chems

Sun: TBC

West Holts:

Fri: Lauryn Hill

Sat: Wu Tang Clan, Jungle

Sun: Janelle

Re Ezra if he's headlining IOW he must be Saturday's Other headliner/Stormzy sub can't see him in a lower slot.

Emily announced as well that 3rd down on Friday will be a hard rock/metal act which I don't think VW exactly fits the frame for.

28 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I don't think The Cure will get that long a set time, I know they've done three hour epics in the past but I'd be very surprised if the festival gave them longer than two.

To be honest I'd rather they played a tight 90 minutes of hits and crowd pleasers rather than pad it out with album tracks and b-sides that will only appeal to the die hards out there.

Agree with this.

They played for 2 hour hours 10 mins at BST last year and, as a result, it was a far tighter festival set than the Reading Festival one which meandered a bit in the middle.

2 hours gives them plenty of time for all the hits and still a few rarities for the die hards as well.

On 3/17/2019 at 1:09 PM, Matt42 said:

Third down other is my bet

Does Billie Eilish have the material for that? Assuming she'll have an album out by June, but still a big ask. I thought she'd get a Courtney Barnett-style Pyramid slot, 2nd/3rd on. 

Struggling to place a few of the acts... anyone want to have a guess?

Maribou State - Sub WH (Moderat's set from 2017)? 

Cat Power - Late Afternoon Park?

Santigold - Sub WH? 

Friendly Fires - Sub JPT?? No idea where they will fit. 

Sharon Van Etten Sub Park.....? Acoustic??

31 minutes ago, Titters said:

Does Billie Eilish have the material for that? Assuming she'll have an album out by June, but still a big ask. I thought she'd get a Courtney Barnett-style Pyramid slot, 2nd/3rd on. 

Struggling to place a few of the acts... anyone want to have a guess?

Maribou State - Sub WH (Moderat's set from 2017)? 

Cat Power - Late Afternoon Park?

Santigold - Sub WH? 

Friendly Fires - Sub JPT?? No idea where they will fit. 

Sharon Van Etten Sub Park.....? Acoustic??

Maribou State are reportedly third down WH on Saturday and Friendly Fires early evening Sunday John Peel order. The other three you name are probably too similar to their last slots and will probably change stages - although SVE isn’t gonna be doing Acoustic so more likely JP.